Thread: Whoaagood luck Joy in your new direction thanks for your service

Default Whoaagood luck Joy in your new direction thanks for your service

LAFAYETTE – The Ragin’ Cajuns Athletics Department announced on Wednesday that softball assistant coach Joy Webre-LeBlanc has resigned her position with the program.

“I have decided to head in a different direction in my career and focus on family,” Webre-LeBlanc said. “I want to thank the University for all of the opportunities afforded to me during my time as both a student-athlete and assistant coach.”

Webre-LeBlanc first served as the Cajuns assistant coach in 2008 and helped guide the team to Women's College World Series in Oklahoma City. In 2009, she helped the Cajuns claim their ninth Sun Belt Conference championship and advance to the NCAA Regional championship game against Baylor.

She spent the next two seasons (2010 and 2011) as head coach at Lafayette-based St. Thomas More High School. In August 2011, she returned to her alma mater for her second stint on the softball coaching staff.

Webre-LeBlanc was a student-athlete for the Ragin’ Cajuns from 2002-05. She started every game during her four-year career – a total of 248 games – establishing her in the record books. She finished in the Top 5 for most games played (248) and set the career record for putouts with 1,818.

ps. an email from Matt Hebert. Assistant Sports Information Director

Default Re: Whoaagood luck Joy in your new direction thanks for your service

That's a big loss for us. I wish her the best. She is a great cajun!!!!

3. Default Re: Whoaagood luck Joy in your new direction thanks for your service

Thanks Joy

Thread Information