Poll: Number One Difference Maker in UL Football Program Turn around?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What will be the single biggest (turnaround) difference maker in UL FB history?

Default Re: What will be the single biggest (turnaround) difference maker in UL FB history?

Gee guys. 2 pages of responses and nobody has said the #1 answer.

A new university president.

Default Re: What will be the single biggest (turnaround) difference maker in UL FB history?

Quote Originally Posted by HOTBOUDIN
    Gee guys. 2 pages of responses and nobody has said the #1 answer.

A new university president.
    That's not on the list. How old is Authement? He was an old man when I was there. He is like the Dick Clark of Acadiana.

UL Football Re: What will be the single biggest (turnaround) difference maker in UL FB history?

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun
    Just wondering what the single biggest difference maker will have been in UL's Football Program turn around?

DaddyCajun
    Most every item on the list, is being persued by GH so I voted for him as without his efforts most of what we have as of recent and will have in the future is because of Gerald Hebert!!

MommaCajun

I say Season tickets.

As a matter of fact this is the first year I am buying two season tickets to sit on the ADULT side now, as referred to when I was in college. I guess I am officially an adult.

My friend is also buying two.

So thats 4 more season tickets bought.

Marketing and recruiting are the same thing the coaches just hav to market in person.

Quote Originally Posted by OldBullDog
    Marketing and recruiting are the same thing the coaches just hav to market in person.
    Winning does wonders for marketing and recruiting. I know the IceGators were despised be most cajun fan they proved good marketing and winning can do wonders.

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun
    Just wondering what the single biggest difference maker will have been in UL's Football Program turn around?

DaddyCajun
    Authement resigning?

Quote Originally Posted by Pirogue
    Authement resigning?
    You know he is old and he has to leave soon. Let's give the old man his due and he did make UL a great school and finally gave us the UL although we have to officially add the city tag. It is time for new blood I agree.

This is so COOL Re: What will be the single biggest (turnaround) difference maker in UL FB history?

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90
    _ You know he is old and he has to leave soon. Let's give the old man his due and he did make UL a great school and finally gave us the UL although we have to officially add the city tag. It is time for new blood I agree. _
    We are winning city tag battle ever so slowly. I wonder when the levee will break.

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Express
    _ We are winning city tag battle ever so slowly. I wonder when the levee will break. _
    Disagree. Maybe there are more and more people in Lafayette saying the name without lafayette, but that's it. it certainly isn't going over too well here in houston. so unless your talking about some sort of political progress, and not perception, then i would have to say i disagree.

None of the above.Fenroy and an offense that is less predictable. The wishbone was pretty cool, but I think it's done.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: What will be the single biggest (turnaround) difference maker in UL FB history?

Quote Originally Posted by Tripple Threat
    _ None of the above.Fenroy and an offense that is less predictable. The wishbone was pretty cool, but I think it's done. _
    ???? I don't think the Cajuns have ever lined up in the 'Bone, or anything even remotely resembling it. Other than that, ok.

With 20K+ season ticket holders, every game would be a sell-out. That would be huge. Very few mid-majors consistently sell-out. If UL-Laffyette was able to do that, you would have to be mentioned with the Boise/TCU/Utah/BYU's of the world. That would be huge. Plus, it would be a HUGE financial boost. The evil empire down the road would get pretty nervous if y'all ever got to 20K season ticket holders.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver
    _ ???? I don't think the Cajuns have ever lined up in the 'Bone, or anything even remotely resembling it. Other than that, ok. _
    wishbone.wishbone option.whatever it was called and remotely resembled.Go to the prostyle and use the option as what it is, an option.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: What will be the single biggest (turnaround) difference maker in UL FB history?

Quote Originally Posted by Tripple Threat
    _ wishbone.wishbone option.whatever it was called and remotely resembled.Go to the prostyle and use the option as what it is, an option. _
    Let's see; I could say that we have [arguably] the #1 option QB in the US pulling the trigger for us. I could say that we have [without argument] the best and [arguably] the best two TB's in school history on the roster, along with a couple of WR/WB types with great speed who have displayed that they are very effective runners once they have the ball in hand. I could say that we have no proven pro type QB. But then ALL those are arguments that support continued or increased use of the option, which would mean I would have to disagree with you.

We are, should be, and will remain a RUN first team. No amount of wishful thinking by all you pass happy guys is going to change that. We'll throw it enough to keep defenses honest, but the run will not be a trick play here like it is at Texas Tech or in much of the WAC.

We aren't trying to win the NFC South; we're trying to win the Sunbelt. Our best chance of doing that is to run the option and mix in enough of a passing game to keep opposing defenses honest.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information