Poll: Number One Difference Maker in UL Football Program Turn around?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What will be the single biggest (turnaround) difference maker in UL FB history?

UL Football What will be the single biggest (turnaround) difference maker in UL FB history?

Just wondering what the single biggest difference maker will have been in UL's Football Program turn around?

DaddyCajun

Default Re: What will be the single biggest difference maker in UL Football History turnaround?

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun
    Just wondering what the single biggest difference maker will have been in UL's Football Program turn around?

DaddyCajun
    I feel if Fenroy can put together 2 more seasons that exceed what he has already done he will bring a lot of much needed attention to the program but as of now I would say being patient with Bustle. We have been patient and if he can completely turn this program around then it will all have been worth it. For the record I chose marketing but I believe patients is the main key.

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: What will be the single biggest difference maker in UL Football History turnaround?

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun

DaddyCajun
    Quite an interesting question. I am not sure what my answer is just yet.

I think that without Gerald, some of those things aren't possible, so would that make him the answer?

I think that withoutbetter marketing, then 20k+ season tix aren't possible, and expanded tailgating isn't necessary. but more demand would allow for higher prices.

I think that without student fees and pro athlete donatinos, we don't build that really expensive fence or begin expanding/skyboxing the stadium. Plus, that money would go to helping all athletics, not just football. but, the naming rights could be a really big boost in income. If they can get 30k+ for the entrances, it could be a lot more than that for the whole stadium.

I definitely think that if you want to market something, it makes it a lot easier if the "something" is more or less able to market itself and you don't go into every encounter trying to talk the "something" up. Gerald has done a great job in increasing revenue, and has done some things to beutify the facility in the process. Some of the things on the list up there, he had a large hand in, and therefore, my vote goes to him. Without the base that he and people like him have laid, none of the other stuff is possible.

Default Re: What will be the single biggest difference maker in UL Football History turnaroun

None of the above. 10 years of winning football to offset the 10 years of losing/mediocre football.

CRUSHING A GOOD TEAM ON NATIONAL TV IN A BOWL GAME iF WE CAN GET THERE

6. Default Re: What will be the single biggest difference maker in UL Football History turnaroun

I just hope that the naming rights to the entire stadium don't go up for bid. I hate how everything now a days is Bush Staduim, or Minute Maid Park, or Alltell Staduim. Although it'll still be The Swamp, it needs to stay Cajun Field. I don't mind have a Secon Gate, or a Borden's gate, thats fine with me and a great way to make money. As far as naming the stadium or athletic complex after someone, I hope that it would be named after someone who means something to UL athletics. I wouldn't like it to be named Joe Blow Athletic Complex, just because Mr. Blow paid some money to have his name up there. There would need to be a sense of tradition if anything big were to be named after something. Like the Tigue is, or Edith Garland Dupre Library is. Mr. Tigue did a lot of things around UL an Acadiana, things deserving of the honor of a baseball stadium named after him.

If the stadium were anything other than Cajun Field, the Cajun Dome would be lonely! haha

If we can win consistently over the next couple of years, many of the choices above will happen and will come much easier than most believe. The foundation has been laid and the community is getting excited again. Winning coupled with a change in administration will push us over the edge!

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: What will be the single biggest difference maker in UL Football History turnaroun

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunbander
    I just hope that the naming rights to the entire stadium don't go up for bid. I hate how everything now a days is Bush Staduim, or Minute Maid Park, or Alltell Staduim. Although it'll still be The Swamp, it needs to stay Cajun Field. I don't mind have a Secon Gate, or a Borden's gate, thats fine with me and a great way to make money. As far as naming the stadium or athletic complex after someone, I hope that it would be named after someone who means something to UL athletics. I wouldn't like it to be named Joe Blow Athletic Complex, just because Mr. Blow paid some money to have his name up there. There would need to be a sense of tradition if anything big were to be named after something. Like the Tigue is, or Edith Garland Dupre Library is. Mr. Tigue did a lot of things around UL an Acadiana, things deserving of the honor of a baseball stadium named after him.

If the stadium were anything other than Cajun Field, the Cajun Dome would be lonely! haha
    Too many ducks involved not to try to sell em'!!!!

Z.

9. Default Re: What will be the single biggest difference maker in UL Football History turnaroun

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21
    Too many ducks involved not to try to sell em'!!!!

Z.
    I think that if we were to endow the spring sports softball, baseball, track, soccer, tennis, and golf we could divert more funds into football. I am not talking about just a little bit of money but enough to run these programs without university funds for anything including scholarships. Each sport would have a $5 million dollar endownment tennis and golf would be 2.5 million a piece. These endowments would cover scholarships and travel making each program self sufficient. That way football and basketball could use their own generated revenue.

That is only 1000 companies, individuals or business' donating $25,000 each. With a local economy exceeding $6 billion this should not be a problem. If approached the right way.

This is so COOL Re: What will be the single biggest difference maker in UL Football History turnaroun

Quote Originally Posted by cajun nation
    I think that if we were to endow the spring sports softball, baseball, track, soccer, tennis, and golf we could divert more funds into football. I am not talking about just a little bit of money but enough to run these programs without university funds for anything including scholarships. Each sport would have a $5 million dollar endownment tennis and golf would be 2.5 million a piece. These endowments would cover scholarships and travel making each program self sufficient. That way football and basketball could use their own generated revenue.

That is only 1000 companies, individuals or business' donating $25,000 each. With a local economy exceeding $6 billion this should not be a problem. If approached the right way.
    Good thing you are not in charge. I would rather see 25 million in football and basketball endowments. Why? Because your plan would not relieve the athletic department from their obligation in any of the sports you mention. So you have depleted the potential resources from football and basketball donations and you still spend every cent you did before in the other sports.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: What will be the single biggest difference maker in UL Football History turnaroun

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Express
    Good thing you are not in charge. I would rather see 25 million in football and basketball endowments. Why? Because your plan would not relieve the athletic department from their obligation in any of the sports you mention. So you have depleted the potential resources from football and basketball donations and you still spend every cent you did before in the other sports.
    He said endowed funds. The U would no longer be spending any current revenue on Spring sports. The total current spring sport budget could then be diverted to football/basketball.

This is so COOL Re: What will be the single biggest difference maker in UL Football History turnaroun

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver
    He said endowed funds. The U would no longer be spending any current revenue on Spring sports. The total current spring sport budget could then be diverted to football/basketball.
    I completely understand, and the university would still be spending all the money they do now from the general athletic fund. I do not see how the general fund could not be made to spend money on these minor sports especially any with women. Endowed money has to be viewed as in addition to what the university already does.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: What will be the single biggest difference maker in UL Football History turnaroun

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Express
    I completely understand, and the university would still be spending all the money they do now from the general athletic fund. I do not see how the general fund could not be made to spend money on these minor sports especially any with women. Endowed money has to be viewed as in addition to what the university already does.
    Of course the general fund would still spend money on those sports; but it would be money derived from income on the endowments, not money taken from the State or from revenue producing programs, as is currently the case.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunlove
    None of the above. 10 years of winning football to offset the 10 years of losing/mediocre football.

I agree. None of the above. RECRUITING-RECRUITING-RECRUITING.

Quote Originally Posted by showdog
    I agree. None of the above. RECRUITING-RECRUITING-RECRUITING.
    Everything starts and ends with winning. You are not going to sell 20,000 season tickets for a terrible product. That would help with recruiting, marketing, season ticket sales etc. Just win baby. Look at the Saints, there is a 25,000 long waiting list to buy season tickets with just one terrific season.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information