2 1.05%
  • 1 - 11

1 0.52%
  • 0 - 12

7 3.66%
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: Predict 2007 FB Regular Season Record

1. UL Football Predict 2007 FB Regular Season Record

At this point in time, we know very little about the 2007 team, opponents, depth or anything else. So go out on a limb and post what you think UL's 2007 football Record will be.

Default Re: Spring Practice - 2007 FB Reg. Season Record

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    At this point in time, we know very little about the 2007 team, opponents, depth or anything else. So go out on a limb and post what you think UL's 2007 football Record will be.
    I've got to be optomistic that our team will have a winning record. But there is going to be new leadership in the huddle. If Mike D takes up the role as starting QB we coul see an 8-4 or 9-3 team. However, if they decide to move Mike elsewhere we are going to have some inexperience at the QB slot which could weaken our passing attack forcing us to do it all on the ground. Fortunately we have a better receiving corp here now than we've had the last two years, so if the ball is close chances are that they will catch it. The key factor with a QB's inexperience will be turnovers. If Mike D. isn't at the QB slot, I see a 7-5 team.

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    Does anyone have a rough idea of the schedule? I'd kinda like to see it before i guess, gotta be able to know at least one variable before guessing like that. I know Tenn and SC or our OOC road games, with McNeese at home. Central Fla is on the road too right?

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Spring Practice - 2007 FB Reg. Season Record

Quote Originally Posted by Kal
    .Fortunately we have a better receiving corp here now than we've had the last two years, so if the ball is close chances are that they will catch it.
    Void of the fact that we hired a new OC and WR coachcould you please explain why you feel that our WR's will be better "than the last two years?"

I think we go 6-6, maybe 7-5.

With new OC and DC and no real clear cut QB it could be a very rough year.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunproud
    I think we go 6-6, maybe 7-5.

With new OC and DC and no real clear cut QB it could be a very rough year.
    I don't know about that. Last year Middle Tennessee had an exceptional season with an entirely new staff, I believe. Of course, I am always overly optimistic about Cajun Football -> 8-4.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunlove
    I don't know about that. Last year Middle Tennessee had an exceptional season with an entirely new staff, I believe. Of course, I am always overly optimistic about Cajun Football -> 8-4.
    I hope you are right. I would love nothing better than to be wrong and to eat some crow.

8. Default Re: Spring Practice - 2007 FB Reg. Season Record

Quote Originally Posted by Kal
    I've got to be optomistic that our team will have a winning record. But there is going to be new leadership in the huddle. If Mike D takes up the role as starting QB we coul see an 8-4 or 9-3 team. However, if they decide to move Mike elsewhere we are going to have some inexperience at the QB slot which could weaken our passing attack forcing us to do it all on the ground. Fortunately we have a better receiving corp here now than we've had the last two years, so if the ball is close chances are that they will catch it. The key factor with a QB's inexperience will be turnovers. If Mike D. isn't at the QB slot, I see a 7-5 team.
    I am very biased but I think we could do better than most would think with the a "young" QB over center. As we get closer to season opening this should clear the picture somewhat as to who will be at the QB spot. Whichever way Coach Bustle goes, redshirting the young guys and giving the job to Mike D. or the using up a redshirt year if one of the new guys steps up to the plate and performs. I am excited about the coming season whichever way it plays out. But I do think we can do better than 7-5.
    Geaux Cajuns!!!!!!!

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Without any basis for picking it. I went with 7-5. I would like to think of this as a minimum, with optimism toward a win or two more. Besides the fact that I don't know our schedule, I also believe there are a whole lot of unknowns that factor into the equation. I think the Sunbelt, as a whole, has more worthy adversaries. We have new coaches on staff (could go one way or the other in their maiden year). We go with a new (more new than used) guy at the helm (QB). Whew. lots of things to consider.

Is it too early to ask "Do you think we will win the New Orleans Bowl this year?"

Quote Originally Posted by Gbbaseball7
    I am very biased but I think we could do better than most would think with the a "young" QB over center. As we get closer to season opening this should clear the picture somewhat as to who will be at the QB spot. Whichever way Coach Bustle goes, redshirting the young guys and giving the job to Mike D. or the using up a redshirt year if one of the new guys steps up to the plate and performs. I am excited about the coming season whichever way it plays out. But I do think we can do better than 7-5.
    Geaux Cajuns!!!!!!!
    Now, why would you be biased?

Mike will be the man at QB. Look for a new school team rushing record, and don't be shocked if Fenroy pushes his career total up near or over the 4,000 yard mark. Breakout year for Smith and Chery as well, with a coach in place to teach them route running.

I wouldn't be surprised for one of the young QB's to get the redshirt pulled, and to be #2, as I do not believe either Morel or Hundley can get it done as a starter.
    8-4

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Gbbaseball7
    Geaux Cajuns!!!!!!!
    G, there once was a true freshman at UL that had the redshirt pulled midway thru the first game of the 93 season. He became a legend. Could your boy be the next legend? LOL no pressure!!!

Z.

need a hint as to who this dude was?

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver
    Now, why would you be biased?

Mike will be the man at QB. Look for a new school team rushing record, and don't be shocked if Fenroy pushes his career total up near or over the 4,000 yard mark. Breakout year for Smith and Chery as well, with a coach in place to teach them route running.

I wouldn't be surprised for one of the young QB's to get the redshirt pulled, and to be #2, as I do not believe either Morel or Hundley can get it done as a starter.
    8-4
    I believe Mike gets the job because of his ability to run more than pass but if we had to go 80 yards in under 2 minutes, I think Morel/Hundley would be the better option.

From what I saw at last Saturday's scrimmage, I finally see a team with depth at practically every position.

I find humor in some of the previous posts that say it could be a long year going 6-6/7-5.my how our expectations have changed over the past 5 years!

At this early date.conservative guess would be 7-5.but if things go our way.9-3.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcore
    I believe Mike gets the job because of his ability to run more than pass but if we had to go 80 yards in under 2 minutes, I think Morel/Hundley would be the better option.

From what I saw at last Saturday's scrimmage, I finally see a team with depth at practically every position.

I find humor in some of the previous posts that say it could be a long year going 6-6/7-5.my how our expectations have changed over the past 5 years!

At this early date.conservative guess would be 7-5.but if things go our way.9-3.
    Mike was 10-13 with two drops. Want to tell me how Morel or Hundley would be better?

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver
    Mike was 10-13 with two drops. Want to tell me how Morel or Hundley would be better?
    Which inbred is gonna fess up and say they were the one that voted for 0-12?

LOL!!!! I voted 7-5 just because it needs to be. If we dont win 7, there will be a meltdown of epic proportions on the boards. Dont need the silliness on the boards we had last season. Please Coach, 7-5.minimum!!!

Z.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21
    G, there once was a true freshman at UL that had the redshirt pulled midway thru the first game of the 93 season. He became a legend. Could your boy be the next legend? LOL no pressure!!!

Z.

need a hint as to who this dude was?
    I seem to recall he played late in the first game of the season against Utah St. after Jason Sanborn (I believe) couldn't get anything done.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information