• 1 - 11

1 0.52%
  • 0 - 12

7 3.66%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread: Predict 2007 FB Regular Season Record

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Spring Practice - 2007 FB Reg. Season Record

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun
    I seem to recall he played late in the first game of the season against Utah St. after Jason Sanborn (I believe) couldn't get anything done.
    The OC at the time asked Nelson whether it was more important to save the guy's redshirt or to save his job. I think Stokley chose correctly.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Spring Practice - 2007 FB Reg. Season Record

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver
    The OC at the time asked Nelson whether it was more important to save the guy's redshirt or to save his job. I think Stokley chose correctly.
    You are correct, sir. Lets see if Gbaseball knows the answer?

Z.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver
    I think Stokley chose correctly.
    History certainly showed he made the right choice. lol!!!

Jake played after Utah St put it out of reach and led the Cajuns to a couple of scores. I recall US having a really good QB and being a bowl team after that season.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun
    I seem to recall he played late in the first game of the season against Utah St. after Jason Sanborn (I believe) couldn't get anything done.
    Actually, we went thru 3 QBs in the first half against Utah State, with 5 interceptions. Stokley said that if Jake was wearing a red ball cap and not a helmet, he would be redshirted. But after the performance of our first 3, Jake was put in. I was at the game and some kid in front of me turned and said "look dad (not to me, grins), Jake from Teurlings is going in the game". I didn't know who Jake was. but I swear to you, when he came in and took over, I instantly said "we have a quarterback". It wasn't just his execution, but his attitude on the field. It never changes.

MD has the start. But, there is nothing wrong with a little competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More
    Actually, we went thru 3 QBs in the first half against Utah State, with 5 interceptions. Stokley said that if Jake was wearing a red ball cap and not a helmet, he would be redshirted. But after the performance of our first 3, Jake was put in. I was at the game and some kid in front of me turned and said "look dad (not to me, grins), Jake from Teurlings is going in the game". I didn't know who Jake was. but I swear to you, when he came in and took over, I instantly said "we have a quarterback". It wasn't just his execution, but his attitude on the field. It never changes.

MD has the start. But, there is nothing wrong with a little competition.
    Just out of curiosity who were the other QBs besides Sanborn and Jake?

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcore
    I believe Mike gets the job because of his ability to run more than pass but if we had to go 80 yards in under 2 minutes, I think Morel/Hundley would be the better option.

From what I saw at last Saturday's scrimmage, I finally see a team with depth at practically every position.

I find humor in some of the previous posts that say it could be a long year going 6-6/7-5.my how our expectations have changed over the past 5 years!

At this early date.conservative guess would be 7-5.but if things go our way.9-3.
    ACTUALLY MIKE COULD TAKE US 80 YARDS IN ABOUT 8.9 SECONDS

7. Default Re: Spring Practice - 2007 FB Reg. Season Record

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21
    G, there once was a true freshman at UL that had the redshirt pulled midway thru the first game of the 93 season. He became a legend. Could your boy be the next legend? LOL no pressure!!!

Z.

need a hint as to who this dude was?
    Help me out. Give me the hint. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if Mike D. was at the helm. The learning curve is huge moving from HS to D-1 ball and the first year is a milestone in that learning curve. However it plays out I hope that all you great Cajun supporters and fans get a chance to share the joy I have experienced over the years watching a truely gifted athelete and individual.

Quote Originally Posted by Gbbaseball7
    Help me out. Give me the hint. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if Mike D. was at the helm. The learning curve is huge moving from HS to D-1 ball and the first year is a milestone in that learning curve. However it plays out I hope that all you great Cajun supporters and fans get a chance to share the joy I have experienced over the years watching a truely gifted athelete and individual.
    Hint = Carolina (NFL) in my mind.

First name rhymes with snake.

Last name rhymes with telephone (sort of)

BTW, I can't wait to see your boy suit up for the Cajuns. His video at the recruiting bash was very impressive.

On another note, I don't think that the rap on Desormeaux (that he's a weak passer) is very fair. Of course, I'm bias because I'm a New Iberia native.

Quote Originally Posted by Gbbaseball7
    That freshman is currently starting for the Carolina panthers. I think if both of our young qb's redshirt it would be good for the program for the future. Give them time to learn the system and mature. However, I doubt they will both redshirt b/c then one would always be behind the other and they would both graduate at the same time. If one redshirts then he will have an extra year to start, giving the team two consecutive years with starting seniors. Best of luck to your son I look forward to seeing him play in the future. Being an athletic qb he is going to be able to learn a lot from Michael and hopefully can maybe teach mike a few tricks himself.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunlove
    Hint = Carolina (NFL) in my mind.

First name rhymes with snake.

Last name rhymes with telephone (sort of)

BTW, I can't wait to see your boy suit up for the Cajuns. His video at the recruiting bash was very impressive.

On another note, I don't think that the rap on Desormeaux (that he's a weak passer) is very fair. Of course, I'm bias because I'm a New Iberia native.
    I agree mike can throw the ball plenty good enough. I think he will actually throw the deep ball better than jerry. And since he is left handed the ball has a different spin on it, once the receivers can get used to that I don't think we will see as many drops. With the speed an athleticism we have we don't have to air it out just be able to move the chains on 3rd down. If mike is qb1 Anderson will design the offense to fit his strengths both running and passing. We may even see a 2 qb system. Worked for Florida why not the Cajuns

This is so COOL Re: Spring Practice - 2007 FB Reg. Season Record

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun
    I agree mike can throw the ball plenty good enough. I think he will actually throw the deep ball better than jerry. And since he is left handed the ball has a different spin on it, once the receivers can get used to that I don't think we will see as many drops. With the speed an athleticism we have we don't have to air it out just be able to move the chains on 3rd down. If mike is qb1 Anderson will design the offense to fit his strengths both running and passing. We may even see a 2 qb system. Worked for Florida why not the Cajuns
    I would think if our game is a running quarterback we will need at least a two quarterback system. There is a reason quarterbacks are discouraged from running too much. At Florida they were a pass oriented team who also had a quarterback who could run. To keep teams honest you have to be able to throw on any down, and the down you want to throw on would be the best one to throw on, not the one you are forced to throw on.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginEsquire06
    Void of the fact that we hired a new OC and WR coachcould you please explain why you feel that our WR's will be better "than the last two years?"
    Well after Stamps graduated, Sampy did okay. But our passing game struggled two years ago. Remember our fantastic ground game? Last year our receivers played much better than they did the previous year, but still had a lot of inconsistency. I feel that the guys we've brought in over the last 3 years are ready to step up and play some ball (in addition to the new coaches) I think we've moved more towards possession recievers (which is a good thing for our intermediate passing attack) and away from pure speed guys where there is a 50\50 shot they will catch it. I just think that we will generally have a more fundamentally sound group of receivers this year which will produce better numbers. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Express
    I would think if our game is a running quarterback we will need at least a two quarterback system. There is a reason quarterbacks are discouraged from running too much. At Florida they were a pass oriented team who also had a quarterback who could run. To keep teams honest you have to be able to throw on any down, and the down you want to throw on would be the best one to throw on, not the one you are forced to throw on.
    with hundley being the number 1 rated pro style qb in louisiana coming out of high scool he can air it out while D-Mo can be our tim tebow

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Spring Practice - 2007 FB Reg. Season Record

Quote Originally Posted by Kal
    Well after Stamps graduated, Sampy did okay. But our passing game struggled two years ago. Remember our fantastic ground game? Last year our receivers played much better than they did the previous year, but still had a lot of inconsistency. I feel that the guys we've brought in over the last 3 years are ready to step up and play some ball (in addition to the new coaches) I think we've moved more towards possession recievers (which is a good thing for our intermediate passing attack) and away from pure speed guys where there is a 50\50 shot they will catch it. I just think that we will generally have a more fundamentally sound group of receivers this year which will produce better numbers. That's all.

Very plausible explanation Kal. Thanks! I'm kinda hoping that one of our true freshmen will stand up and claim a position as a starter.He has the intelligence, size, speed, athleticismand most importantly.the HEART! Loved watching him play football and basketball in HS.I'm really excited about this STM addition.I truly believe that that this young man will pan out to be one of the best players ever to don a Cajun Uniform!

Default Re: Predict 2007 FB Reg. Season Record

Rockytop.Poppycock (closest I could get to rhyming appropriately).

Its 5 months before kick-off I picked 12-0 baby.

LSUA&M petitions the legislature to force us back to using USL as we are getting more national attention than they are as they struggle through a 5-7 campaign

I'm thinking Miami in January for the darlings of College Football.

Comeon people. reality check in August Dream BIG in March.lol

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread Information