• 2 - 10

2 1.05%
  • 1 - 11

1 0.52%
  • 0 - 12

7 3.66%
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Predict 2007 FB Regular Season Record

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Predict 2007 FB Regular Season Record

Quote Originally Posted by HOTBOUDIN
    _I hate to be so negative, but I have to call it like I see it. I'm afraid we are in for another non-winning season._
    There is no solid evidence to accurately make any predictions. And "publications" are by no means an adequate contradiction nor confirmation of anyone's prognosis. These people are paid to come up with something, knowing there is minimal information to go on, to primarily fill the blank spots between the ads. Eh. we were the unanimous preseason Sunbelt champs last year. remember?

Everyone has far more unknowns than knowns at this point. Those who want to "prepare" for negative results typically elect the lesser outcome. Those who are either optimistic by nature, or prefer to express their optimism pick the higher outcome.

I read your points, and since I am a optimistic realist, I would like to make my own worthless counterpoints.

1. The team did not take a nose dive. They were in free fall during the entire conference regular season. It culminated in the ULM disaster.

2. A good DC can turn a defense around immediately. I have no idea what talent we had on defense last year. They were rarely running the correct defense, and there were huge missed assignments. With the right direction, a defense can change overnight.

3. We sold the farm on Jerry Babb's athleticism last year. I think he was rattled from LSU/TAMU on. I love the guy, but he never got back in sync (except for Houston. I was there. and I'm still baffled). I also don't think the WR corps ever got on the right page. That might not change, but it very well could with a new OC and WR coach. We still have a strong running game to anchor our offense around.

4. How much information do we have on MD as a starting QB? With a smart OC and proper play calling, MD is one very scary QB. (I am optimistically unsure of the other QBs)

5. "Transition year" in football is an excuse, especially with respect to staff coaching changes. The coaching mistakes I saw on the field last year could be corrected in a matter of weeks.

6. The Houston win counts too. We can't control the records of our opponents.

7. Well, hopefully everyone else will be crowned the preseason champs, and we will turn the tables on them. Oh, and this will take care of #6 above. The teams mentioned stand a chance of winning records, so when we beat them, we will have beaten teams with winning records.

We are in the hunt. No way to predict the outcome. I heard good things about Fenroy coming out of high school, but I never expected what we've gotten with him. Point: We do not know what we have until they play the game.

PS I'm just having fun. I hope you don't take me wrong.

UL Football Re: Predict 2007 FB Regular Season Record

I agree with some of what everyone has said, here is my say, hopes and dreams.

1) Past is past, we can either dwell in it for all its good, bad or ugly/pretty.

2) Yes, we all wish we were the Southern Miss, Boise St., or Marshall but we are not, not yet!

3) The backside of the Stokley years and the the Baldwin mistake really set Louisiana back a life time. We are now just doing the things we should have been doing for years. With Gerald Heberts efforts and the ground swell of old backers putting up more than they used to, new backers getting involved some for the first times, and still more coming. Income is reaching new heights and facilities are being shall we say spruced up, but still no where near what UL will see in the coming future, and that my friends is FACT!!!

4) Yes we did not win it all last season as some picked us to do and we all hoped, but as bad as we hate it these things happen.

5) Both on offense and defense we made too many coaching errors last season. Wrong sets, blown big plays, call a time out to botch a play, to name a few of our gripes. Some of this was coaching some the players. We have some new coaches and some new players.

6) Our New DC I feel has more work cut out for him than the new OC. The number one Defense in the Belt last season was coached by our NEW DC!!!! I think that speaks for itself, defensively we will be somewhat better! OC had the top rated offense in his last season at MT if I remember right, our offense will be somewhat better. WR were inconsistant last season and with a more experienced core coming back and a NEW coach(heard great things about him already) we should be better at WR.

7) The league will improve as we will also, the difference will be who gets the breaks, bounces, calls, and gets it done down the line!!! So lets GEAUX buy some season tickets(get it over 10,000) and watch some FOOTBALL!!!

DaddyCajun

ps It is going to be a fun season, guys and gals, see you there!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HOTBOUDIN
    Having time to think over my prediction for the upcoming season has left me a little worried. My fears have been backed up by several pre-season publications which predict us to finish near the bottom of the SBC.

I predict 6-6, and I'm being optimistic.

This is not without reason.

1) This team took a nose dive to finish last season. People look for trends.

2) Our defense SUCKS. Don't let anybody tell you different. Only one school gave up more points in conference than us, FIU. We cannot force turnovers either.

3) Our offense is very good at racking up rushing yards, not much else. Only two schools scored less points in conference than us. UNT and FIU.

4) We were a one trick pony last season with Fenroy. Babb was ineffective in throwing and people figure Desmo won't be any better.

5) Coaching changes. We have 2 new coordinators. That usually means a transition year while the players learn new schemes and the coaches learn which players they can count on.

6) Outside of the Houston win, the combined records of the teams we beat last season was 12-47 with no winning records.

7) We do not live in a bubble. MT and Troy could have Top-25 caliber ball clubs this year. I'm not kidding. Arkansas State is not far behind. FAU has the talent to win the league. They are young, experienced, and hungry. ULM has almost everybody back from a team that kicked our tails last season.

I hate to be so negative, but I have to call it like I see it. I'm afraid we are in for another non-winning season.

IMHO, for us to finish with a winning record and a top 3 conference placing would be the result of an unbelievable coaching job by this staff which would warrant an immediate extension and raise. It would also mean that a lot of players on this team stepped up their play, big time.
    Being so true can get you in trouble here. I would like to think Bustle is feeling the heat and we will have the season we wanted last year. This is the off season, try to stay positive.

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun
    _ I agree with some of what everyone has said, here is my say, hopes and dreams.

1) Past is past, we can either dwell in it for all its good, bad or ugly/pretty.

2) Yes, we all wish we were the Southern Miss, Boise St., or Marshall but we are not, not yet!

3) The backside of the Stokley years and the the Baldwin mistake really set Louisiana back a life time. We are now just doing the things we should have been doing for years. With Gerald Heberts efforts and the ground swell of old backers putting up more than they used to, new backers getting involved some for the first times, and still more coming. Income is reaching new heights and facilities are being shall we say spruced up, but still no where near what UL will see in the coming future, and that my friends is FACT!!!

4) Yes we did not win it all last season as some picked us to do and we all hoped, but as bad as we hate it these things happen.

5) Both on offense and defense we made too many coaching errors last season. Wrong sets, blown big plays, call a time out to botch a play, to name a few of our gripes. Some of this was coaching some the players. We have some new coaches and some new players.

6) Our New DC I feel has more work cut out for him than the new OC. The number one Defense in the Belt last season was coached by our NEW DC!!!! I think that speaks for itself, defensively we will be somewhat better! OC had the top rated offense in his last season at MT if I remember right, our offense will be somewhat better. WR were inconsistant last season and with a more experienced core coming back and a NEW coach(heard great things about him already) we should be better at WR.

7) The league will improve as we will also, the difference will be who gets the breaks, bounces, calls, and gets it done down the line!!! So lets GEAUX buy some season tickets(get it over 10,000) and watch some FOOTBALL!!!

DaddyCajun

ps It is going to be a fun season, guys and gals, see you there!!! _
    Not picking on you DC, but to all who say blown this, and blown that, I say until they can actually show me their pedigree on offensive and defensive knowledge I will accept what coach says. Bustle consistently said the problems were players not doing what they had been coached to do in certain situations. We cannot have it both ways, either we believe the coach when he takes the heat, and glory as well as when he gives out another view of what happens in a loss.

As for picking the teams rank in the Sun Belt, I think except for the successful North Texas run no coach poll, or media poll has been accurate and that includes the relative finish of each school. It is a crap shoot in the Sun Belt almost every year.

Finally, I am pretty sure we will be running a similar offense only with some tweaks, and the same on defense. After all the coordinators had to pass the smell test before Ricky hired them. Remember the Flex Defense. Worked with Lilly and Too Tall, did not work so well when they left. IOW a good coordinator adapts to the specific talent his players possess.

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Express
    _ Not picking on you DC, but to all who say blown this, and blown that, I say until they can actually show me their pedigree on offensive and defensive knowledge I will accept what coach says. Bustle consistently said the problems were players not doing what they had been coached to do in certain situations. We cannot have it both ways, either we believe the coach when he takes the heat, and glory as well as when he gives out another view of what happens in a loss.

As for picking the teams rank in the Sun Belt, I think except for the successful North Texas run no coach poll, or media poll has been accurate and that includes the relative finish of each school. It is a crap shoot in the Sun Belt almost every year.

Finally, I am pretty sure we will be running a similar offense only with some tweaks, and the same on defense. After all the coordinators had to pass the smell test before Ricky hired them. Remember the Flex Defense. Worked with Lilly and Too Tall, did not work so well when they left. IOW a good coordinator adapts to the specific talent his players possess. _
    I pretty much think that if anyone actually has anything better than a half-assed guess at what our record will be, then I'd like to know where you're coming from. You have a team that wasn't supposed to be much two years ago, that wins five in a row at the end of the season, and splits the SBC championship. Last year, amongst high expectations from us, and from magazine know nothings who only pimped the Cajuns because of the end of the previous year, they win 4 of six, and then lose 4 of 6, or something close to that. so, honestly, since everyone always loves trends, who's to say this team won't go on six different 1 game winning streaks and six different 1 game losing streaks. Who's to say they won't win 12 + 1? I personally don't think that anyone will run away with the sun Belt, but I do think that if we stick to basics, and because of the new blood (i.e. lack of complacency) added by the additions of the new coaches, that we'll improve a good bit. We have a lot of experience coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux
    _ I pretty much think that if anyone actually has anything better than a half-assed guess at what our record will be, then I'd like to know where you're coming from. You have a team that wasn't supposed to be much two years ago, that wins five in a row at the end of the season, and splits the SBC championship. Last year, amongst high expectations from us, and from magazine know nothings who only pimped the Cajuns because of the end of the previous year, they win 4 of six, and then lose 4 of 6, or something close to that. so, honestly, since everyone always loves trends, who's to say this team won't go on six different 1 game winning streaks and six different 1 game losing streaks. Who's to say they won't win 12 + 1? I personally don't think that anyone will run away with the sun Belt, but I do think that if we stick to basics, and because of the new blood (i.e. lack of complacency) added by the additions of the new coaches, that we'll improve a good bit. We have a lot of experience coming back. _
    I think you have hit it on the head.

7-5 just looking for improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Pup
    _ 7-5 just looking for improvement. _
    I'm hoping we play like we did the last half of the 2005 season and the first half of the 2006 season when we went like 9-3.

Default Re: Predict 2007 FB Reg. Season Record

The Sun belch conference? Haven't heard that one before. I don't really care what you negative folks think. I KNOW those guys are out there working their butts off for you. They want this season more then you could ever know. Put on some pads and workout in the Louisiana 103 degree heat and then make your negative comments.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Predict 2007 FB Reg. Season Record

Quote Originally Posted by MissingMandy View Post
    The Sun belch conference? Haven't heard that one before. I don't really care what you negative folks think. I KNOW those guys are out there working their butts off for you. They want this season more then you could ever know. Put on some pads and workout in the Louisiana 103 degree heat and then make your negative comments.
    Tsk, Tsk, Tsk!!! You were forewarned about the negative posters Mrs P!!!!

The vast, vast majority of board members know what our capabilites are this year. We are extremely geeked!

I cannot wait!

Z.

I know Z, just had to blow off some steam. KP is keeping me up on what they are going through and I really feel for those guys.
    They are working hard for everyone.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by MissingMandy View Post
    I know Z, just had to blow off some steam. KP is keeping me up on what they are going through and I really feel for those guys.
    They are working hard for everyone.

Feel free to blow off steam at any time, Mrs P!!!

Z

3-9 record for me im on record

Quote Originally Posted by Mineshaft View Post
    3-9 record for me im on record
    You're definitely on something

Z.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ You're definitely on something

Z. _

You must of posted 11-1 crackhead.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information