Thread: Football Scrimmage

UL Football Football Scrimmage

ANY REPORTS FROM THIS SATURDAYS SCRIMMAGE? I WAS OUT OF TOWN SO WAS NOT ABLE TO ATTEND BUT WOULD LIKE SOME REPORTS IF ANYONE DID GO

Default Re: FOOTBALL SCRIMMAGE

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun
    ANY REPORTS FROM THIS SATURDAYS SCRIMMAGE? I WAS OUT OF TOWN SO WAS NOT ABLE TO ATTEND BUT WOULD LIKE SOME REPORTS IF ANYONE DID GO
    There has been very little reporting on practice this year. I have had to read our competitions reports to get my spring training fix. How sad.

3. Default Re: FOOTBALL SCRIMMAGE

Here is a small slide show (a dozen pics) from Fridays practice.
    (Flash Player required) Latest version available for free here

4. Default Cajuns offense clicking, Desormeaux, Fenroy shine in scrimmage

After an offense-dominated first scrimmage Saturday, UL's football staff will be watching its defense closely during the Ragin' Cajuns' third week of spring drills.

The Cajuns returned to the practice field Monday, and head coach Rickey Bustle said that increasing tempo was a point of emphasis.

"Defensively we didn't run to the ball well Saturday," Bustle said, "but more than anything else our defense needs to adjust to the tempo set by the offense. We need to talk better, get more communication, but that's on both sides."

In 96 offensive snaps Saturday, the offense recorded 525 offensive yards (a 5.5 average per play) including 275 rushing yards and 268 passing yards. Returning rush leader Tyrell Fenroy carried for 75 yards on only five carries, and quarterback Michael Desormeaux was 11-for-16 with four drops for 70 yards, hitting receivers on 94 percent of his throws.

"Mike and John (Hundley) both moved the team really well," Bustle said. "We had minimal penalties, and that's pretty good since a lot has been thrown at them in a short time."

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

5. Default Re: FOOTBALL SCRIMMAGE

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    Here is a small slide show (a dozen pics) from Fridays practice.
    (Flash Player required) Latest version available for free here
    Great Pictures Turbine. Keep up the good Work.

Thread Information