Thread: 1982 Cajuns

Default Re: 1982 Cajuns

We played two QB's that season who was #12 and #5 ?

Prudhomme was 12 and Wallace was 5. Lots of fun memories. A buddy of mine named Gene and I stayed and it was freezing. We were at the top of the stadium almost everyone left. Prudhomme busted through the middle on the opening play of the second half and I don't think Northeast scored in the second half. I am still cold from that night. What a memory!

Quote Originally Posted by wgwillis View Post
    Prudhomme was 12 and Wallace was 5. Lots of fun memories. A buddy of mine named Gene and I stayed and it was freezing. We were at the top of the stadium almost everyone left. Prudhomme busted through the middle on the opening play of the second half and I don't think Northeast scored in the second half. I am still cold from that night. What a memory!
    Yeah, Prudhomme went crazy that game. Fun game.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I wonder if Donnie Wallace is still the Director of Tournament Operations for the PGA Tour? I saw him at the Zurich Classic in NO a couple of years ago. He looks like he could still step out on the football field and light it up.

Love that block form the ref. that sprung prudhomme on a keeper up the middle for a 61 yard TD. Check it at the 11:00 Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    Love that block form the ref. that sprung prudhomme on a keeper up the middle for a 61 yard TD. Check it at the 11:00 Mark
    That was an excellent block! LOL!

Some of these plays could actually kick butt today

My favorite scene is at the 13:20 mark. Prudhomme runs a QB sneak, but watch the LG #67 after he scores.

10. Default Re: 1982 Cajuns

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    I wonder if Donnie Wallace is still the Director of Tournament Operations for the PGA Tour? I saw him at the Zurich Classic in NO a couple of years ago. He looks like he could still step out on the football field and light it up.
    ---I don't know what his title is but he has been with the PGA a long time---My S in L has been with global Golf and the PGA and Donnie has been very gracious to him as the rest of that organization!!!!

I sat next to Former UL Basketball great, Graylin Warner at the New Orleans Bowl last month and spoke to he and his wife for the first half. He currently works for R&L - but explained he had been in Europe playing basketball for much of the 80's and 90's.
    He left at Halftime and said he was going to meet someone. Around the 3d quarter, he came back and told me he wanted me and my sons to meet a friend of his. We went out to the concourse and there was Donnie Wallace. We exchanged cards and he later sent me a text inviting me to his PGA Office (Long way of answering that he is still with the PGA and still works with promoting the Zurich Classic).
    Both of these men still looked great and both were VERY open and cordial. GREAT ambassadors of UL!
    My youngest and I got a few pictures with them and promised to stay in touch.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by tdncz View Post
    I sat next to Former UL Basketball great, Graylin Warner at the New Orleans Bowl last month and spoke to he and his wife for the first half. He currently works for R&L - but explained he had been in Europe playing basketball for much of the 80's and 90's.
    He left at Halftime and said he was going to meet someone. Around the 3d quarter, he came back and told me he wanted me and my sons to meet a friend of his. We went out to the concourse and there was Donnie Wallace. We exchanged cards and he later sent me a text inviting me to his PGA Office (Long way of answering that he is still with the PGA and still works with promoting the Zurich Classic).
    Both of these men still looked great and both were VERY open and cordial. GREAT ambassadors of UL!
    My youngest and I got a few pictures with them and promised to stay in touch.
    Wow. you had an extra special New Orleans Bowl. Yes. I was very impressed with Donnie Wallace. When I got introduced to him at the Zurich, he was extremely cordial to me and another Ragin Cajun guy. and when one of the PGA pros came up and asked to speak to Donnie. he told him he would get with him in just one second. turned back to us and said that it would only take a moment. and he would come right back. We told him to just do his thing and we really appreciated seeing him. He's a very well spoken and professional person. I got to meet and have a cocktail one evening with Rocco Mediate during the Zurich week and he told me that Donnie is "an outstanding human being" and that the players really like him. He didn't realize that Donnie was a former college QB.

His wife is a speech pathologist and a very good one. She did a lot good for my daughter.

I talked to Prudhomme about that quarterback sneak before the 2011 New Orleans Bowl and he told me that was not the play that was called. He went up under center and saw that no one was guarding the middle of the field. He took the snap and the rest is history. Still one of the most exciting games that I have been to and one of my top 5 Cajun football moments. I was probably 1 of about maybe 200 students that were still there at the end of the game. Nobody believed me when we went out that night that we had won the game, long before cell phones were popular. Dwight said his date did not believe him either.

Thread Information