Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What do you guys think about Arkansas next season?

Default What do you guys think about Arkansas next season?

Hey, Arkansas fan here. I know I'm in enemy territory, so I'm going to keep it short and respectable. After ULM last year, I know not to take any of the Louisiana schools lightly. I fully expect this year to be a lot more cohesive and cohere, but do you think you're going to end the game with a W? Tell me a little about your team, what are your strengths and weaknesses? Do you consider Arkansas a threat at all? I've noticed your first two games are road games versus major programs, that's pretty ballsy - Kansas State will probably be a lot better than us next year.

Also, you're probably going to play Arkansas State, correct? Are you more worried about Arkansas or State? State has had two awesome seasons in a row, but I'm not so sure they're going to be as good again without Freeze or Malzahn, but we'll see.

Default Re: What do you guys think about Arkansas next season?

Quote Originally Posted by arkane View Post
    Hey, Arkansas fan here. I know I'm in enemy territory, so I'm going to keep it short and respectable. After ULM last year, I know not to take any of the Louisiana schools lightly. I fully expect this year to be a lot more cohesive and cohere, but do you think you're going to end the game with a W? Tell me a little about your team, what are your strengths and weaknesses? Do you consider Arkansas a threat at all? I've noticed your first two games are road games versus major programs, that's pretty ballsy - Kansas State will probably be a lot better than us next year.

Also, you're probably going to play Arkansas State, correct? Are you more worried about Arkansas or State? State has had two awesome seasons in a row, but I'm not so sure they're going to be as good again without Freeze or Malzahn, but we'll see.
    No worries, arkane. We are not going to be anywhere near as good as ULM last year. Arkansas is going to wipe the field with us next year. The game we played against Florida this past year was a fluke. We'll be lucky to hang with y'all for more than a quarter. Tell your team to be kind to us.

3. UL Football Re: What do you guys think about Arkansas next season?

I rarely think of the upcoming opponents. I have been to games at your campus twice, and frankly that trip is daunting, maybe as daunting as playing the Hogs with egg on their faces.

Honestr Injun, Hog boy, I will worry about your team when we tee it up. I would say the same if you were Bama, just do not count wins and loses in advance.

Don't worry about this game. Yall will kill us. Just go ahead and write it up as a W. It's a guarantee win for Arkansas.

Is the game in Fayetteville or Little Rock?

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Maybe we can convince them to move the game to New Orleans.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Dallas Stadium.

As long as you don't have anything positive to say about a Master Plan and you are as doom and gloom as 90% of the people on here.you should be just fine.

I want to make you think it will be easy like the rest of the guys are saying sorcasticly Lol. However, Arkansas is going to be in a dog fight. All key personnel from our offense are coming back next year. Not sure about the defense. We will have a new defensive coordinator next year. I am going to go with my gut here and say UL win this one 35-31.

In a nutshell, we will be young on defense but do return some key guys there who had great seasons this year, especially on the DL. Our secondary is going to untested and young which concerns me. On offense, we lost some key leaders and contributors not only for the past year but for the past several years as all have played extensively since they got here. However, we have some good talent returning on offense at all positions and our QB is likely going to be every bit as good as Browning from ULM was this year, if not better. He's certainly faster and I think has a stronger arm and set our school's single season offensive yards record in effectively 8 games. I know nothing about Arkansas outside of knowing you lost Wilson and I'm sure some other key guys but I certainly will have no predictions until we get to August but I expect it to be a close game.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    In a nutshell, we will be young on defense but do return some key guys there who had great seasons this year, especially on the DL. Our secondary is going to untested and young which concerns me. On offense, we lost some key leaders and contributors not only for the past year but for the past several years as all have played extensively since they got here. However, we have some good talent returning on offense at all positions and our QB is likely going to be every bit as good as Browning from ULM was this year, if not better. He's certainly faster and I think has a stronger arm and set our school's single season offensive yards record in effectively 8 games. I know nothing about Arkansas outside of knowing you lost Wilson and I'm sure some other key guys but I certainly will have no predictions until we get to August but I expect it to be a close game.
    If you look at stats alone zephyr, Broadway is already better than Browning. That doesn't account for intangibles though. All I know is that the Broadway we saw post Ark state was the best QB in the belt.

12. UL Football Re: What do you guys think about Arkansas next season?

I think we saw the real Browing in Shreveport, lost and bewildered.

Arkansas fan, y'all will clearly be the favored and more talented team. If your team prepares and plays you should win. Lay an egg like you did against ulm, don't be surprised if the Cajuns win.

I'm just going to come out and say it. Why did you lose to ULM?

I don't want to hear any excuses like:

1 The head coach was fired because he got caught cheating
    2. The new head coach was a dumpster fire
    3. Your quaterback was concussed
    4. You didn't know Browning could run it in on 4th and long in overtime

There was absolutely no reason for you to blow a 3 TD lead there.

If ulm loses that game, it's business as usual in Monroe and they have another sad sack 5-7 season at best.

BUT NOOOOOOOO

You had to go and give them hope.

Thanks. Thanks for that. So now when we show up with a much better offense and defense, we will be unfairly compared to those a---holes in monroe.

I just hope to hell we're not your first home game. Becuase I don't think the circumstances will allow us to leave the stadium with a win.

And when we do lose, you've just given those a---holes in Monroe another moral victory.

So again, I say. Thanks alot.

I'm more worried about State because they've won our conference two years in a row, and I want a conference championship. On offense, we lost our move the chains guy (WR Harry Peoples), one of our deep threats (WR Javone Lawson), and two starters on the OL. Other than that, it seems like it will be business as usual - and hopefully offense won't skip a beat. Defense will be suspect, with our two starting CBs gone and a new defensive coordinator (TBA). We had a lot of young guys get playing time this season, so I think we will be able to reload better than most years.

I think next year is as good as ever for us to finally get an OOC upset, and I think Arkansas is our best shot at it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information