Thread: Emeka Onyenekwu Earns All-Star Game Invite

1. Ragin' Cajuns Emeka Onyenekwu Earns All-Star Game Invite

Louisiana defensive standout Emeka Onyenekwu, who earned first team All-Sun Belt this past season after leading all Cajun defensive linemen in tackles, will play in the Texas vs. The Nation college football all-star game on Saturday, Feb. 2 in Allen, TX. The game will be televised by FOX sports.

Default Re: Emeka Onyenekwu Earns All-Star Game Invite

Way to go.Em!!

Awesome!! Good luck Emeka!!

I wonder why Lawson and Peoples haven't been invited to a game. I thought they would at least be looked at by NFL scouts.

Quote Originally Posted by I_Bleed_RED View Post

I wonder why Lawson and Peoples haven't been invited to a game. I thought they would at least be looked at by NFL scouts.
    Or Baer

Quote Originally Posted by I_Bleed_RED View Post

??? Who says they won't? Scouts have been watching them all year. They have pro days for that also and the combine etc

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    ??? Who says they won't? Scouts have been watching them all year. They have pro days for that also and the combine etc
    Nobody has been invited to the combine that i have heard of yet

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#winnin View Post
    Nobody has been invited to the combine that i have heard of yet
    I'm pretty sure Melvin white will be and Lawson has a shot. My point was that these all star games are not these guys only chance to be seen by scouts.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    What I mean is if they were realistically interested, he probably would've been invited to one of these games. I realize they still have a shot despite not being invited. But I just expected at least Lawson to get invited to one of these games.

I'm pretty sure it isn't the scouts doing the inviting.what I mean is them not getting an invite to an all star game doesn't mean they won't be looked at by scouts. You only have to catch one scouts eye, one time and they will have that chance. I don't think a pro scout would put his job on the line for a kid who blew it up in an exhibition football game. If you are good enough they will find you. Coming into this year Lawson was projected pretty high, because of injury his numbers didn't warrant an all star invite. Doesn't mean he doesn't still project at the next level.

Congratulations Emeka for earning 1st Team All-Sun Belt this year. Way to go!
    Good luck in the Texas vs The Nation all-star game.

Thread Information