Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: Is it just me, or does anyone else feel

Default Is it just me, or does anyone else feel

That UL basketball games have now become just something to do on a weekday or weekend night as opposed to getting really pumped for a key SBC matchup?

We're now a few games past the halfway point of the season, and quite honestly, all I see is another sub-par season just like last year. I HOPE this team proves me wrong and wins the next 13, but I just can't see it. No students at the games, rare flashes of crowd participation (where the hell did 1,2,3 CAJUN BALL go?) so I'm guessing others feel the same as me.

We all know these kids are young, but these guys have way too much talent to consistently be playing from behind. They are like the Dallas Cowgirls. Sometimes they show flashes of brilliance and hope for postseason dreams, then flounder it on the next few games.

Hope to see loads more ppl there Saturday night
    GEAUX CAJUNS

Default Re: Is it just me, or does anyone else feel

'We all know these kids are young,'. As I watched tonight, all I could think of was how young they looked but, how talented they are!. Coach Marlin has them on the right track Patience.

I feel the same way. It's depressing.

I feel like I am being robbed or something like that. I know its probably just me but I wish we had not given anyone a raise. It implies we are on the right track and we are not. This is not personal with me its just that I can not accept what is happening to our basketball program. I have no confidence that we are going to win win ever and its to the point where I do not want to hear anything Marlin has to say anymore.

5. Default Re: Is it just me, or does anyone else feel

I wish (for) Brown (and team) had not suffered a broken foot.

I "feel" Marlin & Co. would have a winning record, right now.

Being a young team is wareing thin with meWhen do we get old enough to atleast hope for a win.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    Being a young team is wareing thin with meWhen do we get old enough to atleast hope for a win.
    We are getting close. We have a few kinks to work out and we will be there.

Hopefully the students will then start coming to the games.

Also I'd like to see the first two levels full.

1 senior

1 junior

On top of that, the whole philisophy of the program is changing on AND off the court. Changing to a smaller, faster, more shooting philosophy that Marlin has already been successful with and running out the Gradnigos of the world. If it takes a year or two more to have a solid TEAM that plays that way and is exciting to watch (they already are IMO), I can wait. And you should too.

Marlin got a raise because he's running things the right way. After Jesse and Robert Lee, it's a breath of fresh air to have a coach that knows the game and isn't a cheat.

We need to win more games

Quote Originally Posted by wgwillis View Post
    I feel like I am being robbed or something like that. I know its probably just me but I wish we had not given anyone a raise. It implies we are on the right track and we are not. This is not personal with me its just that I can not accept what is happening to our basketball program. I have no confidence that we are going to win win ever and its to the point where I do not want to hear anything Marlin has to say anymore.
    I agree

I'll put the crow in the freezer. It'll still be good in a couple years

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan337 View Post
    That UL basketball games have now become just something to do on a weekday or weekend night as opposed to getting really pumped for a key SBC matchup?

We're now a few games past the halfway point of the season, and quite honestly, all I see is another sub-par season just like last year. I HOPE this team proves me wrong and wins the next 13, but I just can't see it. No students at the games, rare flashes of crowd participation (where the hell did 1,2,3 CAJUN BALL go?) so I'm guessing others feel the same as me.

We all know these kids are young, but these guys have way too much talent to consistently be playing from behind. They are like the Dallas Cowgirls. Sometimes they show flashes of brilliance and hope for postseason dreams, then flounder it on the next few games.

Hope to see loads more ppl there Saturday night
    GEAUX CAJUNS

We know what we havebasically a high school all star team that's still growing and learning how to work together. We need to keep these guys, add a few more, and add maturity. I don't know how far we'll go this year, but we should be solid next year and on out. People will get excited and come back like they did in Marlin's first year as these young guys start getting confidence and reaching their potential. In the meantime, we don't need the handful of "Boo Birds" to show up everytime we lose a close one.

i dont care what anybody says
    this team fought there butts off

thats one constant I have seen throughout this season, this team will fight till the final buzzer

I really think it would be a different story had Coleby stayed. Although Long has been REALLY good on the boards as a freshman, I don't he's a true big man. He spends a lot of time lurking around the 3-pt line.

I definitely have not given up on Marlin as a coach. I repsect his old shcool 'my way or the highway' and I'm the HMFIC here, but today it's hard to findtop tier recruits that can conform to that when they can go elsewhere and be ta-taaad and run the show.

It was a fun game to watch last night. We had the game won in regulation before a silly turnover from a freshman. Growing pains.

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#winnin View Post
    i dont care what anybody says
    this team fought there butts off

thats one constant I have seen throughout this season, this team will fight till the final buzzer
    agreed

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information