Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: UL Football: "Spirit of 76" with Ron Gomez

1. Default Re: UL Football: "Spirit of 76" with Ron Gomez

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    If people thought the audio brought back memories... the video is going to blow their mind. Was the video not archived digitally? What do you have to do to get it available to us?
    -Ron Gomez had the thingdone on film as I can remember--I know the one before was done on film---wish I could get that---A few years back we had a reunion of the '76 team and he had videos made for everybody---I told T-Bine about it and finally got my copy of the CD to him----Thinking back of some of the coaches----Augie, Larry Zeno, Dwight Flanagan, Don Miller, Carl Tater Smith (presently QB coach of the Seahawks) Don Lockwood, Sam Robertson, Sonny Roy---Yea you guys will like this video!!!

2. Default Re: UL Football: "Spirit of 76" with Ron Gomez

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ----Actually the term was used earlier by me and a student player that helped me with recruiting----WE had signed 5-6 that year from St. Aug and there was part of an Elton John song about I don't know but it sounded like Augie doggies---but it was a reference of the St Aug kids that became UL footballers and we still kinda used Bulldogs at times--Louis Age was our first St Augy followed by Leroy Boudreaux and then the flood!!! My wife use to hold lil Lou in her arms and his afro was almost as big as his face---Lil Lou became 6'6" 320 pound Louis Age that played for Stokley!!!
    ---------well my buddy Randy corrected me....the first Augie Doggie was Reggie Lewis followed by Leroy Boudreau and then Louis Age. Song could have been something like the sungoingdown on me...

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CajunPride View Post
    when is video coming out?
    The video is ready but YouTube caught the Frank Sinatra audio and cautioned against using it.

I am trying to determine the best way to handle this.

I could sub some other music or silence the ending but I will have to contact Ron Gomez again for that kind of leeway.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: UL Football: "Spirit of 76" with Ron Gomez

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    The video is ready but YouTube caught the Frank Sinatra audio and cautioned against using it.

I am trying to determine the best way to handle this.

I could sub some other music or silence the ending but I will have to contact Ron Gomez again for that kind of leeway.
    I asked Ron and he said something by Lady GaGa would please him.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information