Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: We thought the coaching carousel had passed us by.

Default We thought the coaching carousel had passed us by.

If Bill O'Brien decides to jump to the NFL, that leaves Penn State open.again. Dan Mullen was born in Pennsylvania and prolly grew up rooting for Penn State. Just like last year.this is a problem for us. If this domino falls, we are once again behind the 8-ball.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com.ision-to-make/

Default Re: We thought the coaching carousel had passed us by.

No one wants that **** job.

Surely Mullens would have sense enough to not leave a decent gig to get into that mess. Penn State has a long road ahead of them, I don't see that as a dream job for anyone for at least 6-8 years. If we lose our coach so be it, but getting paranoid at every rumor is not productive or good for recruiting.

And this one is a huge stretch at best.

If it happens, it happens. I can't worry about it every time someone or some source mentions his name.or the topic in general.

Mullens stock dropped yesterday by giving the SEC another loss in the bowls this year

If it happens, it happens. I can't worry about it every time someone or some source mentions his name.or the topic in general.
    This. Think positively and just ignore all of the negativity of coach possibly leaving. If he goes, he goes. But, I highly doubt he goes anywhere for another year or 2. Let's just chill and enjoy it.

I've said it before and I'll say it again constantly bringing up the fact that he might jump ship only makes it more probable that he will do so, if you think or say something long enough. it will happen.

And like Crawfish stated, this doesn't help recruiting. You know kids in high school are pros at searching the internet and you bet your a-ss they read fan forums. Would you want to commit somewhere that all the fans talk about is when the head coach will leave? Doubt it.

7. Default Re: We thought the coaching carousel had passed us by.

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    Mullens stock dropped yesterday by giving the SEC another loss in the bowls this year
    ------That might be a problem as Penn St might not get a great coach to take the job!! So guess whose name could pop up--and guess how this will be used in recruiting!!!

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

HUD is taking the head coaching job at Louisville High, just outside of Starkville, Ms.

Good Luck, Coach!!

Z

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    HUD is taking the head coaching job at Louisville High, just outside of Starkville, Ms.

Good Luck, Coach!!

Z
    This makes sense. Louisville High gets Hud closer to his dream job at MSU. If we lose him, do we go after Saban? He seems like a coach who could get us to the next level.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    This makes sense. Louisville High gets Hud closer to his dream job at MSU. If we lose him, do we go after Saban? He seems like a coach who could get us to the next level.
    I think Gruden would be more open to our situation Maybe T-Joe can get him on the phone??

Z

Last I heard he was still sitting in his office thinking and planning for the 2013 season. has their been any change that I am not aware of?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    I think Gruden would be more open to our situation Maybe T-Joe can get him on the phone??

Z
    Nah, just send him a PowerPoint presentation

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    If Bill O'Brien decides to jump to the NFL, that leaves Penn State open.again. Dan Mullen was born in Pennsylvania and prolly grew up rooting for Penn State. Just like last year.this is a problem for us. If this domino falls, we are once again behind the 8-ball.

Hawk, I understand you concern and it would seem like the natural order of things. But putting this out on open thread only fuels the fire of those that used it against Huspeth in recruiting.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com.ision-to-make/

Yep

I think a lot of UL fans are bigger on Hud than the rest of the college football world. Two years at a nobody school (reality is a _____), even with a good record, isn't enough. He has at least another year before even the low level BCS schools take interest.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information