Hunter Hayes Home for the Holidays, Reflects on Accomplishments

He started out as a little boy playing the accordion, now he is nominated for three Grammys.

With his rise to stardom, country superstar Hunter Hayes still finds the time to come home for the holidays.

Wowing the crowds at the Breaux Bridge Crawfish Festival to captivating a national audience with his number one hit "Wanted," Hunter Hayes has officially made it.

"All of these things I've wanted to do are finally happening and it's so great to finally come back and celebrate with the folks," said Hayes.

From a young age, Hunter has followed his passion. Stephanie Crist remembers one of his first interviews on 97.3 the Dawg.

"He was so little that we had to put phone-books on the chair so he could reach the microphones. For all of us who know him, it's such a thrill to see his worldwide success," said Crist.

This year, Hunter's single "Wanted" climbed to number one on the Country Billboard Charts, he also won best new artist at the Country Music Association Awards. This year, he's nominated for three Grammys including best country album.

"I've grown up around music in this very positive we love music for the love of music way. It's the statement that I've learned and adopted from growing up here around people who make music for the love of music and just good hearted people," said Hayes.

As he got older, Hunter says his dreams never faded.

"That's kind of where my mind always was, dreaming of being on the road and dreaming of celebrating all these things we're celebrating now. I can actually say it's way better than my dreams that I anticipated and it turned out looking a lot better than it did in my dreams."

Now Hunter, is looking forward to headlining his own tour and coming home to perform in the Cajundome with Carrie Underwood. He says coming to this point has been a whirlwind.

"I'm here because I was surrounded by good people and I notice every time I come back. It's something you don't forget," said Hayes.

Carrie Underwood's Blown Away Tour stops in Lafayette on April 29th and Hunter Hayes will open the show. If you're looking for tickets, you're out of luck. The Cajundome Box Office says the show is already sold out.

Chris Welty
cwelty@katctv.com

Permalink| Comments