Thread: Ranking frustration

1. Default Ranking frustration

I went to the RIVALS Recruiting page and see where we have 4 players that are committed and are currently ranked behind all the Louisiana teams and only 6 ahead of anybody in the United States-----OK here it comes Rivals sucks nobody looks at it ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC-----Is there anyway to just post what T has or send the info to them---Hell how did they get the info on the 4 that they do have committed to UL???? This guys is embarrassing---I have no clue how to do this stuff but if somebody would tell me I would at least try to do it ---I will talk to the AD and coaches when they return!!!! Can somebody even give an explanation to this situation???

Default Re: Ranking frustration

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    I went to the RIVALS Recruiting page and see where we have 4 players that are committed and are currently ranked behind all the Louisiana teams and only 6 ahead of anybody in the United States-----OK here it comes Rivals sucks nobody looks at it ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC-----Is there anyway to just post what T has or send the info to them---Hell how did they get the info on the 4 that they do have committed to UL???? This guys is embarrassing---I have no clue how to do this stuff but if somebody would tell me I would at least try to do it ---I will talk to the AD and coaches when they return!!!! Can somebody even give an explanation to this situation???
    No.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Ranking frustration

Boomer's annual Rivals rant. Aren't you a little early this year?? snooooooooooooooooooooozzzzzzzzzzzzz

Once I learned that Rivals does not list all of our commitments, I deterred it was useless to use them and I stopped going.other than to look up a particular athlete every now and then.

G.according to what I've been told, Rivals doesn't have a "rep" assigned to UL. CajunT is the "rep" for Scout.com, which is why the info on that site is not only complete, it is updated regularly. Once the signing date is completed, Rivals will then, only then, update their info on UL. Maybe, if we keep winning games and bowls, they will assign someone to cover our recruiting.

Boomer, the regional directors for rivals are very anti UL so they will never give us positive rep for our recruits. They are also LSU and McNeese homers.

7. Default Re: Ranking frustration

Well exactly what I expected ---ergo the numerous ETCs that were in my post----OK we will show them and look like crap while doing it---Rivals is good for the rest of NCAA football but not UL---Yea we will show them!!!! So Stupid!!!

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Yes HUD has let go of the rope, Boomer. We are losing kids to McNeese and Southern We will be ranked #120 in the preseason polls next year We will be forever tied at the hip to ULM.

Other than that things are groovy

Happy New Year!!

Z

9. Default Re: Ranking frustration

Well exactly what I expected ---ergo the numerous ETCs that were in my post----OK we will show them and look like crap while doing it---Rivals is good for the rest of NCAA football but not UL---Yea we will show them!!!! So Stupid!!!

Boomer the error here is in your understanding on how Scout.com, Rivals, 247 Inc or any other recruiting network works. First, they don't assign anyone a site for a particular program, you have to sign a contract with them to create such a site on their network platform. You are then obligated to create content on the site, usually X-amount of stories per month. Other writers on the same network may occasionally link stories to your site about athletes that have shown interest in your program. If you don't deliver, then your contract is not renewed and they would look for someone else to take over the site.

Now also understand that they (Network) also get half of all your premium membership and any advertising you sell on the site. In addition to that, you are paid after all credit card fees are taken out of your split. So essentially you are taking in less then half of what the site takes in from premium membership after eating the credit card fees. Now understand this, unless you are doing it full time you probably won't pull in much money because larger school's site have major membership numbers. I guess I could do it full time, but then it would become more of a job then just fun for me. Bottom line, its a job Boomer!

AS for talking to the AD or the Coaching staff, no way will they call Rivals or Scout.com to talk to them about UL's recruiting coverage. The NCAA has changed so many rules regarding recruiting sites and that is why the Redzone covers UL Football, Basketball, Softball and Baseball games as well. You can no longer be just a recruiting site and have access to coaches. You must be like the rest of the media and cover games, practices and other news.

11. Default Re: Ranking frustration

Do you like the classes HUD has brought so far?

Good enough to finish 9/4 two times and beat three Big Least bound teams!

12. Default Re: Ranking frustration

Damn T---you act like this is a job or something---LOL---Thanks for the info---just can't stand to see false imagery about my Cajuns being given out to so many----And in this case I guess it would be called non imagery---We are the bottom dwellers in the RIVALS WORLD and we actually had 3-4 3 STARers at one point----Boomer is frustrated!!! EVEN using 3rd person singular!!!

Thread Information