Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Under Armour

Cajunjeb is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Support Under Armour

How about a university sponsorship with Under Armour or Adidas for athletics? Uniforms and athletic attire, signage, advertising I would think with our recent success, our fiery HC, supportive fan base and our master plan (someday), I believe we would be very attractive. Just my thoughts.

Default Re: Under Armour

Agreed. I've been saying this since HUD took over.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunjeb View Post
    How about a university sponsorship with Under Armour or Adidas for athletics? Uniforms and athletic attire, signage, advertising I would think with our recent success, our fiery HC, supportive fan base and our master plan (someday), I believe we would be very attractive. Just my thoughts.
    That is one of the best ideas around here in a long time. We might have to endure some ugly uniforms like Oregon or Maryland but who cares as long as we get paid.

Only one person stopping it from happening

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Only one person stopping it from happening
    This flat out won't happen. Hud pushed for it hard, it's all a money issue. Russell throws apparel at us and asks for little in return. UnderArmour, Nike, Adidas need us a lot less than we need them. Until we're pushing the 20 million threshold, this is a pipe dream. Trust me.

If you don't think this was top priority for Hud during his first year, when Russell was expiring, you had one too many hand grenades last weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by seehard View Post
    This flat out won't happen. Hud pushed for it hard, it's all a money issue. Russell throws apparel at us and asks for little in return. UnderArmour, Nike, Adidas need us a lot less than we need them. Until we're pushing the 20 million threshold, this is a pipe dream. Trust me.

If you don't think this was top priority for Hud during his first year, when Russell was expiring, you had one too many hand grenades last weekend.
    I believe you, but how is that ULM ended up with Addidas?
    Whatever the issue is, I wish it would get resolved because Russell sucks.

ULM decided to commit more money of their measly budget to the cause. We need to be more concerned with weight room and stadium upgrades, less with the logo on the top left chest. IMO Russell has done a better job this year.

At the very least, I'd say the majority of fan apparel is now non-Russell. Lots of Nike and UA Cajuns gear.

Trust me, I'm way closer to this situation than you realize. You are wrong, I can't get into any further than that but there is only one person stopping it. It's not a pipe dream at all

No matter how "close" you are, you will not convince me that this one person is holding his ground based on product preference. It's a money issue, no matter if it's one person or one hundred people standing in the way.

My opinion remains that there are bigger fish to fry than our uniform supplier. Especially when they've improved vastly over the last 2 years.

I am friends with one of the original Under Armour officers and owners. All T-Joe has to do is give me authority to talk to them. Yes, for those of you who don't know me, I live just outside of Baltimore where their corporate office is.

No matter how "close" you are, you will not convince me that this one person is holding his ground based on product preference. It's a money issue, no matter if it's one person or one hundred people standing in the way.

My opinion remains that there are bigger fish to fry than our uniform supplier. Especially when they've improved vastly over the last 2 years.
    The money is there and what under armor is willing to do for this school you cannot put a price tag on. But keep rambling about something you don't know anything about.

Russell is like the Sun Belt. Might not be the worst but perception dictates otherwise. The bowl gear the team had was very cool I thought.
    Last I heard Russell pays money where all the others wanted to charge us. That will likely change soon as we keep winning.

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    Russell is like the Sun Belt. Might not be the worst but perception dictates otherwise. The bowl gear the team had was very cool I thought.
    Last I heard Russell pays money where all the others wanted to charge us. That will likely change soon as we keep winning.
    There is a reason only 7 D1 schools still have Russell, high school kids hardly wear Russell

We've all got connections, mine tell me something different. But by all means, continue with your mad.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information