Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8

Thread: Basketball scheduling

Default Re: Basketball scheduling

Quote Originally Posted by evangelinetiger
    I actually spend most of work in politics and not the actuall practice of law. However, one of the legislators that I have done work for has brought me in as Of counsel at this firm and I do quite well the projects that I do. sorry man.

Beside half the ____ you've said is a lie. LSU Law school is a top 100 not third tier, it is very hard to pass the first yr there and its grads do decent in the field.

None of this changes the simple facts:

Pepperfans make up thing about UL it make it look better.

The school is just a commuter school without a real fanbase.

Most of the posters on these cajun bds are over age 40, out of shape and believe that LSU has ruined USL.

I could whip most of 'ems ass any day of the week.

Boy, I think this is around the 40th time you have repeated yourself in this thread. What's the matter? Can't come up with anything else? Running out of material? I haven't repeated myself and neither has anyone else. Face it you're DONE. You've lost.

Quick, hurry! Go change into your LSU public defender clothes and get over there. The fate of the world depends on you ET!! Now run, run, run as fast as you can! Run Run Run Run off the edge of a cliff! Please!

Quote Originally Posted by Kal
    Boy, I think this is around the 40th time you have repeated yourself in this thread. What's the matter? Can't come up with anything else? Running out of material? I haven't repeated myself and neither has anyone else. Face it you're DONE. You've lost.

Quick, hurry! Go change into your LSU public defender clothes and get over there. The fate of the world depends on you ET!! Now run, run, run as fast as you can! Run Run Run Run off the edge of a cliff! Please!
    Oh, did you see that he's really not practicing law, but hes a politician in training?

Just wait until he decides to run for office. We can pull up a few of these threads and swift-boat him pretty quickly.

Note to ET, it's not nice to mess with your potential electorate.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Express
    Frankly it is fun when we watch him go ballistic.
    Y'all quit picking on Pokey's friend. She's upset today.

"You know more lsu football than you know" OK.

All right old man, why don't you go back on the rig. No matter what you say, in three years UL football will still suck. Those players are not very good. ULL will get destroyed by A&M or AL or whatever school is paying UL to be its rent-a-win.

Look lets back off of the personal attacks for a moment.

Kal claimed that LSU is afraid to play UL. I pointed out that LSU had crushed UL by 20 points the last time they played. In fact, LSU has beaten UL badly every time they have played in the last couple of years. SO my point was and is, why would LSU be afraid to play a school it crushes so easily? There is no logic in Kals claim, other than Kal made it up to make LSU look bad. HE LIED. simply put, he lied about LSU playing or not playing UL.

I really don't think that I am better than anyone because of where I went to school. I have worked with people who went to Ivy League schools and they are bad at everything they do (see some of Gov Blanco's staff). I have also worked with Southern grads who are out of the box thinkers and first rate lawyers.

I just want Cajunfans to rely on the truth and understand that UL is not some up and comer, it is not some diamond in the rough that only cajunfans know about, it just is what it is.

And for God's sake stop making up things-"Pentathlam, Helmets, LSU is afraid to play us." Just stop lying.
    First I have never been on a rig tigger. Second I am far from an old man. Third why don't you go back on the rig like the rest of the tigger fans.

If you people are through talking about the basketball scheduling, how about you just start another thread? Thank you.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Basketball scheduling

anyone in the legal profession will agree that there too many attys.

Oh.My.God, Your killing me! Please stop talking about the Legal profession, this is a "Sports" focus forum! Thank you.

Returning from another fruitless and dreadful Cajuns/Tigers debate to basketball scheduling, North Texas, the Sun Belt's conference bid, proved a one thing this year: a trip to the NCAA tournament means very little if you have absolutely no chance to win the game. UNT, who earned a 15 seed, were doomed, in part, because of their weak schedule. If the Cajuns hope to make the NCAA tournament, they must do so with a schedule which will yield a relatively high seed and, thus, a winnable matchup.

The Cajuns will never make the NCAA tournament as an at large. In fact, no SBC team ever will. But, the conference representative will be between the 13s-16s. Sixteen and fifteen are unwinnable. Thirteens and fourteens, though difficult, are winnable. The goal is to get a 13 or 14 for the Cajuns. This year's schedule would have given the Cajuns a 16 or a matchup in the play in game if the Cajuns won the SBC.

In the first post, a schedule was offered. The merits were debated on this board, and a few legitimate criticisms emerged and the most potent will be answered.

1. "Why would Kansas, Duke and big schools with great RPIs schedule the Cajuns?"
    --- Under Evans, the Cajuns wouldn't have gotten the game because the outcome might have been a win for the Cajuns. But, under Robert Lee, the Cajuns are having trouble in the Sun Belt, not to mention OOC. In other words, there's no worry of losing to the Cajuns, sadly. The Cajuns collect a check, get a boost in the RPI, get some TV time, hopefully let bench players at those schools know they can start for the Cajuns and those schools get a nice win and ticket sales.

2. "The Athletic Department has no money. How can they fly to these places?
    --- All these schools are easy to get to. Each have large, servicable airports nearby, driving down the price of travel. Furthermore, the Cajuns seem to have money to play games in far off places like Reno, Nevada (UNLV would've been better and cheaper), Knoxville, Tennessee (Memphis would've been better and cheaper) and Fullerton, California (UCLA would've been better). In addition, the Cajuns could have the other universities pick up some of the cost. The money is out there and these airports are cheap to get to.

3. "The Cajuns have to have big name teams at home to sell tickets."
    --- UNR and UTK showed up this year and absolutely no one was at the games. Even worse, the games were losses. No out of conference home game can be a loss. Home losses hurt ticket sales more than road losses, which is why this schedule emphasizes losing on the road as opposed to losing at home. Home wins -- even over small in state schools with very little talent -- get people talking, which creates interest and hopefully leads to sold tickets. Home losses, on the other hand, only leave kids saying, "Dad, the Cajuns are going nowhere under Robert Lee," the next time dad asks his son if he wants to go to a Cajuns basketball game. In addition, home losses are more destructive from an RPI standpoint, too. Each home loss is 1.4 and each road loss is just 0.6. An eight point swing a few times can be the difference between a 15 and a 13 or a tournament loss or win.

The following schedule would give a boost to the Cajuns from an RPI standpoing, get them on TV (which, under Lee, they are never doing and it cannot be understated how much not being on TV hurts recruiting, especially for programs without a major national profile), and get their name out there -- all goals for the program.

vs Centenary
    vs Texas San Antonio
    @ Pittsburgh
    vs Southern (BLACKHAM)(games after Thanksgiving are usually not well attended)
    vs Nicholls St
    @ Duke
    vs Southeastern
    @ Kansas
    vs McNeese (BLACKHAM) (should no longer be a 1-1; game must always be in Lafayette)
    vs Grambling
    @ UCLA
    vs Texas Arlington
    @ Memphis
    vs Rice
    CONFERENCE

Keeping the McNeese loss and conference record the same as this year, the Cajuns should go from a dismal 8-21 to a slightly more respectable 15-18, if they were to have had this schedule this year. It's easier to sell tickets, get recruits to commit and get people to believe in the program when its winning. An inept coach can be overcome by generating a winnable schedule.

The lone question becomes if the Cajuns will be wise enough to consider scheduling wins to help generate a program that, at the moment, seems stuck in nuetral, sadly.

8. Default Re: Basketball scheduling

Quote Originally Posted by TillmansNumber1
    Returning from another fruitless and dreadful Cajuns/Tigers debate to basketball scheduling, North Texas, the Sun Belt's conference bid, proved a one thing this year: a trip to the NCAA tournament means very little if you have absolutely no chance to win the game. UNT, who earned a 15 seed, were doomed, in part, because of their weak schedule. If the Cajuns hope to make the NCAA tournament, they must do so with a schedule which will yield a relatively high seed and, thus, a winnable matchup.

The Cajuns will never make the NCAA tournament as an at large. In fact, no SBC team ever will. But, the conference representative will be between the 13s-16s. Sixteen and fifteen are unwinnable. Thirteens and fourteens, though difficult, are winnable. The goal is to get a 13 or 14 for the Cajuns. This year's schedule would have given the Cajuns a 16 or a matchup in the play in game if the Cajuns won the SBC.

In the first post, a schedule was offered. The merits were debated on this board, and a few legitimate criticisms emerged and the most potent will be answered.

1. "Why would Kansas, Duke and big schools with great RPIs schedule the Cajuns?"
    --- Under Evans, the Cajuns would've have gotten the game because the outcome might have been a win for the Cajuns. But, under Robert Lee, the Cajuns are having trouble in the Sun Belt, not to mention OOC. In other words, there's no worry of losing to the Cajuns, sadly. The Cajuns collect a check, get a boost in the RPI, get some TV time, hopefully let bench players at those schools know they can start for the Cajuns and those schools get a nice win and ticket sales.

2. "The Athletic Department has no money. How can they fly to these places?
    --- All these schools are easy to get to. Each have large, servicable airports nearby, driving down the price of travel. Furthermore, the Cajuns seem to have money to play games in far off places like Reno, Nevada (UNLV would've been better and cheaper), Knoxville, Tennessee (Memphis would've been better and cheaper) and Fullerton, California (UCLA would've been better). In addition, the Cajuns could have the other universities pick up some of the cost. The money is out there and these airports are cheap to get to.

3. "The Cajuns have to have big name teams at home to sell tickets."
    --- UNR and UTK showed up this year and absolutely no one was at the games. Even worse, the games were losses. No out of conference home game can be a loss. Home losses hurt ticket sales more than road losses, which is why this schedule emphasizes losing on the road as opposed to losing at home. Home wins -- even over small in state schools with very little talent -- get people talking, which creates interest and hopefully leads to sold tickets. Home losses, on the other hand, only leave kids saying, "Dad, the Cajuns are going nowhere under Robert Lee," the next time dad asks his son if he wants to go to a Cajuns basketball game. In addition, home losses are more destructive from an RPI standpoint, too. Each home loss is 1.4 and each road loss is just 0.6. An eight point swing a few times can be the difference between a 15 and a 13 or a tournament loss or win.

The following schedule would give a boost to the Cajuns from an RPI standpoing, get them on TV (which, under Lee, they are never doing and it cannot be understated how much not being on TV hurts recruiting, especially for programs without a major national profile), and get their name out there -- all goals for the program.

vs Centenary
    vs Texas San Antonio
    @ Pittsburgh
    vs Southern (BLACKHAM)(games after Thanksgiving are usually not well attended)
    vs Nicholls St
    @ Duke
    vs Southeastern
    @ Kansas
    vs McNeese (BLACKHAM) (should no longer be a 1-1; game must always be in Lafayette)
    vs Grambling
    @ UCLA
    vs Texas Arlington
    @ Memphis
    vs Rice
    CONFERENCE

Keeping the McNeese loss and conference record the same as this year, the Cajuns should go from a dismal 8-21 to a slightly more respectable 15-18, if they were to have had this schedule this year. It's easier to sell tickets, get recruits to commit and get people to believe in the program when its winning. An inept coach can be overcome by generating a winnable schedule.

The lone question becomes if the Cajuns will be wise enough to consider scheduling wins to help generate a program that, at the moment, seems stuck in nuetral, sadly.
    Just a couple of years ago the Cajuns had two teams contending for at large bids before a slight drop off at end of regular season. Sunbelt has had two bid seasons in mid 90s. Cajuns have had a couple of at-large bids in past. It can happen again. First, the sunbelt has to rise up from suddenly becoming one of the worst basketball conferences, a severe drop off that has happened almost overnight. Second, Cajuns have to figure out how to win again after having one of the worst seasons in the history of the program.

Quote Originally Posted by TillmansNumber1
    Predicted OOC record: 8-6 or 7-7. That's the difference between a 15-16 win season and an eight win season. The Cajuns would still be a long shot for the NIT, but they'd be closer than this year.
    The Cajuns need "hossess".

Quote Originally Posted by miamicajun32
    Just a couple of years ago the Cajuns had two teams contending for at large bids before a slight drop off at end of regular season. Sunbelt has had two bid seasons in mid 90s. Cajuns have had a couple of at-large bids in past. It can happen again. First, the sunbelt has to rise up from suddenly becoming one of the worst basketball conferences, a severe drop off that has happened almost overnight. Second, Cajuns have to figure out how to win again after having one of the worst seasons in the history of the program.
    I have already told you Blackham is no longer an option due to the condition of the court in there. Also, once the indoor facility is up and running, Blackham will be promoted for other things. I am making this post as a friendly reminder

11. Ragin' Cajuns Re: Basketball scheduling

I'm sorry Tillmans, did I read this correctly? "Excluding LSU, who should never play the Cajuns in any sport". What did you mean by that? If I recall correctly, last year in the NCAA Softball regionals, we had an awesome game against LSwho? infact, two of the times we've played them have been on their TOP 10 highest attendance. That equals good money for the program does it not? However, they refuse to play us at Lamson Park (they know they may lose). Don't mean to put you on the spot, just defending the record and a GREAT softball program who can (and does) compete with "Almighty LSU".

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8

Thread Information