Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread: Basketball scheduling

Default Re: Basketball scheduling

Quote Originally Posted by evangelinetiger
    The Ole "I went to a better school than LSU side argument." What does that have to do with LSU v. UL? If FL is better than LSU then it is way, way better than UL. I have a friend that went to Duke. He considers any state school other UVA or Berkley, just a state school. It is all about perspective.

I don't doubt that FL is a better school, the FL sys is better than the LA sys of higher ed. LSU is improving and has made strides in the last yr. I guess it all depends on your perspective.

Fl fans don't make up lies to make their school look better. They don't need fake Panthelam rankings b/c the school is good at sports.

ULL fans make up lies, like "LSU is afraid to play us". that is a load of crap. LSU don't have to make up achievements like pepperfan does, its that simple.
    No you're right. They bought their achievements. LSU didn't get to where it is by itself. In fact, it took white collar criminals like Huey Long and others to get where it is. Congratulations on all their accomplishments, however tainted they are. LSU fans seem to forget that the school came to fame via "far less than noble" means. Glad to see you can be proud of that history.

Once again liar, you resort to moral victories. "We almost beat Louisville, we almost beat this team," but YOU STILL LOST TO THOSE TEAMS and LSU. Look dude, go back offshore and imagine that your commuter school is a player in sports. Make up lies like the Penthalem. Claim that your 104th ranked recruiting class is full of recruits that you stole from real schools. The truth is in the record. your basketball did not even make its own tournment in the worst conference in America. LSU finished with a winning record and will play in the NIT while UL sit at home again. Your football program is a laughing stock and rent-a-win. Scelfo made an ass out of Bustle and the rest of you. You make up lies about the number of people going to your recruiting bash which is held in the back of a restrauant. Keep blaming LSU for all of UL's problems when you can't even put 25k in the stadium.

LA may be laughing stock, but UL is not even the thrid best LA has to offer, so what does that it?

Ok. I'd take losing by two or 3 pts to the number 4 ranked team over getting my butt whipped by UAB anyday. I know that being a LSU fan means that you don't know what a moral victory is, or morals in general for that matter. But it was a moral victory. When a "lowly sunbelt school" hangs with that good of a team and their coach is still giving us props at the final four press conference, we take a lot of pride in that.

3. Default Re: Basketball scheduling

The Ole "I went to a better school than LSU side argument." What does that have to do with LSU v. UL? If FL is better than LSU then it is way, way better than UL. I have a friend that went to Duke. He considers any state school other UVA or Berkley, just a state school. It is all about perspective.

I don't doubt that FL is a better school, the FL sys is better than the LA sys of higher ed. LSU is improving and has made strides in the last yr. I guess it all depends on your perspective.

Fl fans don't make up lies to make their school look better. They don't need fake Panthelam rankings b/c the school is good at sports.

ULL fans make up lies, like "LSU is afraid to play us". that is a load of crap. LSU don't have to make up achievements like pepperfan does, its that simple.
    As a Gator alum, I don't go on LSU boards and explain the obvious, that UF has a lot more funding and has had better leadership over the past few decades, and therefore has a much nicer campus, better academics, more well regarded research and other accomplishments, and higher regarded incoming students. So why do you bring up the obvious on the Cajuns board? Yes, LSU is given the very large % share of higher education funding in Louisiana. Therefore, LSU spends more money for things than does UL and has so for many many years. Therefore LSU has better looking buildings than UL and big time athletics. UL fans, including myself, keep supporting the Cajuns anyways and we actually get excited about accomplishments that occur, notwithstanding the funding problems. You seem to have a problem with that

Thanks to the support of the UF university system, UCF, FSU, USF all have better academic facilities than LSU as well. IMHO, if the LSU system had supported the entire Louisiana state university system over the years and worked together for common goals of actually providing a great education opportunity for all Louisiana high school grads, then LSU might be as good of a school as the top 4 or 5 schools in Florida, as well as other states.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal
    Ok. I'd take losing by two or 3 pts to the number 4 ranked team over getting my butt whipped by UAB anyday. I know that being a LSU fan means that you don't know what a moral victory is, or morals in general for that matter. But it was a moral victory. When a "lowly sunbelt school" hangs with that good of a team and their coach is still giving us props at the final four press conference, we take a lot of pride in that.
    How many decades has ULL had a basketball program? 50-06 yrs. What has it done in that amount of time? appeared in the sweet sixteen in the 70s and never really done anything else.

LSU has a national championship in b-ball, 5 Final Fourt appearance, numersous Elite 8 and Sweet 16s. Not to mention several lottery picks.

ULL has no choice but to hold on to "well the coach of team in a tournment we lost to three yrs ago or is it four yrs ago, said that we played hard." YOu are a loser. You have a loser mentaility. What is a moral victory? a loss. What is a program that has never won anything of note in any sport? a program of losers.

In 15 yrs, you be on some bd like this claiming that you led LSU in the pethalem ranking while SI is labeling you one of the poorest have not programs in the country again.

Quote Originally Posted by miamicajun32
    As a Gator alum, I don't go on LSU boards and explain the obvious, that UF has a lot more funding and has had better leadership over the past few decades, and therefore has a much nicer campus, better academics, more well regarded research and other accomplishments, and higher regarded incoming students. So why do you bring up the obvious on the Cajuns board? Yes, LSU is given the very large % share of higher education funding in Louisiana. Therefore, LSU spends more money for things than does UL and has so for many many years. Therefore LSU has better looking buildings than UL and big time athletics. UL fans, including myself, keep supporting the Cajuns anyways and we actually get excited about accomplishments that occur, notwithstanding the funding problems. You seem to have a problem with that

Thanks to the support of the UF university system, UCF, FSU, USF all have better academic facilities than LSU as well. IMHO, if the LSU system had supported the entire Louisiana state university system over the years and worked together for common goals of actually providing a great education opportunity for all Louisiana high school grads, then LSU might be as good of a school as the top 4 or 5 schools in Florida, as well as other states.
    GOD you are brilliant. I got into Tulane, which is a better school than UF. Now what does that have to do with UL v LSU. My friend has a degree from Duke, a much better school than FL. What does that have to do with LSU v UL. The argument was about ULL fans and their lies about LSU, Fl has nothing to do with this.

FL fans don't lie about the program . OH, I have been to the FL campus twice, LSU's is a lot prettier.

Quote Originally Posted by miamicajun32

LSU is ranked higher the Central Fl and South Fl. FSU is barely ahead of LSU at 124, LSU is at 128.

Next time do your research counselor before you talk smack. The ed. editor told the Advocate that LSU should jump tiers next yr.

GOD you are brilliant. I got into Tulane, which is a better school than UF. Now what does that have to do with UL v LSU. My friend has a degree from Duke, a much better school than FL. What does that have to do with LSU v UL. The argument was about UL fans and their lies about LSU, Fl has nothing to do with this.

FL fans don't lie about the program . OH, I have been to the FL campus twice, LSU's is a lot prettier.
    Let's see, you got into UL, LSU, Florida, Tulane, and a law school in Boston. And you claim to know something about LSUE. Did you attend there as well? Any more you want to add to the list? Maybe USC, Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Notre Dame, Oxford, Cambrige even? What were you, a college hobo?

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Kal
    Let's see, you got into UL, LSU, Florida, Tulane, and a law school in Boston. Any more you want to add to the list? Maybe USC, Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Notre Dame, Oxford, Cambrige even? What were you, a college hobo?
    MC went to Boston and Florida, this clown supposedly got into Tulane and LSU and UL. Not sure why someone who was accepted to a prestigious private institution like Tulane would choose UL, and then do it again by choosing LSU, but he did.

Did anyone else know that you can't give someone bad reputation points twice in a row?

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

How many decades has UL had a basketball program? 50-06 yrs. What has it done in that amount of time? appeared in the sweet sixteen in the 70s and never really done anything else.

LSU has a national championship in b-ball, 5 Final Fourt appearance, numersous Elite 8 and Sweet 16s. Not to mention several lottery picks.

ULL has no choice but to hold on to "well the coach of team in a tournment we lost to three yrs ago or is it four yrs ago, said that we played hard." YOu are a loser. You have a loser mentaility. What is a moral victory? a loss. What is a program that has never won anything of note in any sport? a program of losers.

In 15 yrs, you be on some bd like this claiming that you led LSU in the pentathlam ranking while SI is labeling you one of the poorest have not programs in the country again.
    You criticize UL fans for "holding onto a college world series appearance" in 2000, but now your talking about a basketball championship in the 30's? What, the here and now talk isn't good for you when your basketball team is 8 games under .500?

And bravo, i think you made another one of our points for us that Louisiana's higher education system is screwed when you revealed that three of its public institutions have three of the lowest athletic budgets in teh nation. Take every other non-BCS program in the country, and take student funds out of their annual budget, and then lets compare.

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux
    MC went to Boston and Florida, this clown supposedly got into Tulane and LSU and UL. Not sure why someone who was accepted to a prestigious private institution like Tulane would choose UL, and then do it again by choosing LSU, but he did.

Did anyone else know that you can't give someone bad reputation points twice in a row?
    B/C Tulane cost around 35k a year at that time and I did not want to incur any debt as an undergraduate. At UL or LSU, my college fund, GI BILL and national guard tutiton waiver covered all costs including room and board and I have enough money to pay a note a jeep.

Doesn't change that ULL still sucks.

11. Default Re: Basketball scheduling

Quote Originally Posted by AstroCajun
    I can't argue with anything you said. The unfortunate reality is that the SBC is our best fit right now. Where else can we be as competative as we are (and we are competative) with one of the five lowest athletic budgets?

At a minimum, we would need to triple our annual budget to begin to be at a level of consistent competition with CUSA peers.

I believe it's possible, but it's not going to happen overnight. My fear is that the collective fan patience is at a point where it is discouraged that it is not happening fast enough.

I'm confident that we will see progress in our football program this fall and our basketball program in the winter. But we are not doing ourselves any favors by staying in a conference of members that at the end of the day really don't want to be there.

Can someone explain that lest sentence to me. I'll admit I'm not well versed in the politics of the SBC. I'd assume it means other schools want to switch conferences or go back to I-AA.

B/C Tulane cost around 35k a year at that time and I did not want to incur any debt as an undergraduate. At UL or LSU, my college fund, GI BILL and national guard tutiton waiver covered all costs including room and board and I have enough money to pay a note a jeep.

Doesn't change that UL still sucks.
    Back to the BS huh? What's the matter, you realized that you admitted the one thing that you never wanted to admit, and that's that if the state were restructured, then all schools would improve? but wait, you're an lsu goon, you can't admit that. you better hope that your buddy on that other board isn't watching, or else he might ground you.

JJ:You have admitted the one thing we have tried to deny all these years.
    ET:I know sir, I am sorry.
    JJ:You are an idiot. I knew that when we got kicked out of UL for that bathroom incident, I should have just called the relationship off.
    ET:Oh gosh, no. don't say that. you don't mean that. I'm sorry, I'll do anything to make it up to you.
    JJ:Well, you know what i like. let's go upstairs.

Sounds like you got some work to do ET.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Doesn't change that UL still sucks.
    ET. Last time. You think UL sucks, so you have no need whatsoever to get on this forum. I don't know if your superior education, or whatever you claim, has clued you in, but this is a Ragin Cajun fan focus forum. As long as you don't break the rules, you get to keep hanging around. I am asking you to go away. You are a very frustrated person, and I find it sad. Your comments on this board are so juvenile. Do you realize in the slightest how poorly you are representing LSU?

I live in Baton Rouge, and know hundreds of LSU grads. Several have told me that they thought their edcuation at LSU sucked. They did not like the mass auditorium environment, and didn't like the lack of doctoral professors teaching them. So, you do not speak for everyone. I could have gone anywhere I wanted to go, and chose UL. I majored in electrical and computer engineering, and their was no comparison at the time I chose schools. At that time, UL was the only 4 year ABET accredited EE program in the state. Everyone else was on a year to year probationary status. including LSU.

Now, if you are going to blather on and on about sports inequalities. you are going to have to come to the recognition of the lopsided (and highly dishonest) appropriation of state funding. That component of the equation cannot be overlooked. UL has not interfered with LSU's wishes and demands in this state. Unfortunately, that cannot be said to the contrary.

As for there being some serious reservations about LSU playing UL in sports. you definitely do not know your history. Dale Brown would not play UL in basketball and repeatedly stated "we have something to lose and nothing to gain". Skip Bertman, when we were playing baseball in the regular season, made comments in a TV interview that LSU fans were giving him a rash of crap about playing UL. He told them "if we are the flagship school and we are so above their program, we have nothing to fear". He also went on to say that UL was a great baseball program and that LSU would lose from time to time.

You may recall that Bertman also stated that in playing the state schools in football, LSU should dominate "on the whole". And, that there would be an upset potentially, but the program would survive. You are ignoring the fact that in the very infrequent encounters with the programs, as of late, there are not enough opportunities to have that upset realized. The fear of playing isn't based on domination, but the risk that a loss would be far too advantageous to UL.

The inequity in funding is ridiculous, and if you do not start every conversation making that HUGE concession, then any and all arguments about past program success are a moot point.

Personally, I think you need to find something better to do than harrass this forum. I have shown some LSU folks your ramblings and they are embarrassed to call you one of theirs. How does that make you feel?

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More
    ET. Last time. You think UL sucks, so you have no need whatsoever to get on this forum. I don't know if your superior education, or whatever you claim, has clued you in, but this is a Ragin Cajun fan focus forum. As long as you don't break the rules, you get to keep hanging around. I am asking you to go away. You are a very frustrated person, and I find it sad. Your comments on this board are so juvenile. Do you realize in the slightest how poorly you are representing LSU?

I live in Baton Rouge, and know hundreds of LSU grads. Several have told me that they thought their edcuation at LSU sucked. They did not like the mass auditorium environment, and didn't like the lack of doctoral professors teaching them. So, you do not speak for everyone. I could have gone anywhere I wanted to go, and chose UL. I majored in electrical and computer engineering, and their was no comparison at the time I chose schools. At that time, UL was the only 4 year ABET accredited EE program in the state. Everyone else was on a year to year probationary status. including LSU.

Now, if you are going to blather on and on about sports inequalities. you are going to have to come to the recognition of the lopsided (and highly dishonest) appropriation of state funding. That component of the equation cannot be overlooked. UL has not interfered with LSU's wishes and demands in this state. Unfortunately, that cannot be said to the contrary.

As for there being some serious reservations about LSU playing UL in sports. you definitely do not know your history. Dale Brown would not play UL in basketball and repeatedly stated "we have something to lose and nothing to gain". Skip Bertman, when we were playing baseball in the regular season, made comments in a TV interview that LSU fans were giving him a rash of crap about playing UL. He told them "if we are the flagship school and we are so above their program, we have nothing to fear". He also went on to say that UL was a great baseball program and that LSU would lose from time to time.

You may recall that Bertman also stated that in playing the state schools in football, LSU should dominate "on the whole". And, that there would be an upset potentially, but the program would survive. You are ignoring the fact that in the very infrequent encounters with the programs, as of late, there are not enough opportunities to have that upset realized. The fear of playing isn't based on domination, but the risk that a loss would be far too advantageous to UL.

The inequity in funding is ridiculous, and if you do not start every conversation making that HUGE concession, then any and all arguments about past program success are a moot point.

Personally, I think you need to find something better to do than harrass this forum. I have shown some LSU folks your ramblings and they are embarrassed to call you one of theirs. How does that make you feel?
    i don't give a rat's ass what you or your friends think. Did you show these friends the lies that pepperfan makes up to make uLL look better?

Hide behind the funding issue, hide behind moral wins, hide behind some theory about the name change, hide behind whatever you like-ULL Still sucks and many of its insane fans are liars.

i don't give a rat's ass what you or your friends think. Did you show these friends the lies that pepperfan makes up to make UL look better?

Hide behind the funding issue, hide behind moral wins, hide behind some theory about the name change, hide behind whatever you like-ULL Still sucks and many of its insane fans are liars.
    Seriously, ask yourself this one question.

Why am I here? There is help for your addiction.

This is your intervention.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread Information