Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread: Basketball scheduling

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: Basketball scheduling

Quote Originally Posted by evangelinetiger
    Actually, ________, I was accepted to LSU, USL and Tulane in HS. I went to the Army instead. When I got out of the army, I decided to attend USL b/c I like Lafayette and wanted to live there.

I went to USL and majored in finance and it sucked, frankly. The school had no identity, it was a commuter school and seemed to resemble LSU-E more than LSU and Tulane. No one on campus cared about the school, the only thing people talked about was the strip and going out ( Fall of '96). NO school spirit at all. And this was the year that USL beat A&M. The business school was terrible, the building was run down and it did not offer many sections of required classes.

So I transferred to LSU. I loved it. LSU has a southern school identity, big into sports, strong Greek system and college style social system. More classes and sections and generally a better program. That is now supported by USNews, and the WSJ rankings.

SO, unlike most of the people on this board, I have been to both schools and can compare the two.

Anyway, Kal claimed that LSU does not want to play UL b/c LSU is afraid of them. BUt LSU has crushed them the last two times the two have played, why would the LSU coaches be afraid to play a team that they routinely stomp?

You guys are fools, you make up lies to satisfy your belief that USL is better than it is, you change the name of the school in articles written by others, block people who point out your lies and you are just plain delusional.

And the majority of your incoming freshmen are not smart enough to graduate.
    Answer my question. If you are such a genius and are so well educated, then tell me how you would improve UL's graduation rate.

you are such a stupid moron. Saying that UL is comparable to LSUE is ridiculous and you know it. comparing it to Tulane is ridiculous because it is a private school. And as for LSU, like i said, if our state decides to dump more money into one school and make it big, than allotting money to keeping up the second largest school in that state, in one of the largest and wealthiest cities in the state, then.well I think that we can all see how good that idea is.

and to say that "the only thing people talked about was the strip and going out" is unreal. Firstly, is that a bad thing that young students like to spend time together having fun and partying? Second, isn't lsu normally rated as a top party school or something? then you say that the social climate was better at lsu and the greek system was better? What the hell are you talking about? But UL students talked about going out too much? What? why don't you take a look at what you are saying and quit contradicting yourself everytime you appear.

And yes lsu is afraid to play UL. the last two times the basketball teams played, UL was a player away from a much better showing in the game. the second to last time, Orien Green and Dwayne Mitchell were out. And last year, Chris Cameron went out with the shoulder injury in the first half, and that's when lsu pulled away. lsu's team was probably better than ul's, speaking only in pure talent. but those games were a lot closer than you'd like to say they were. but we aren't saying lsu is afraid becasue UL would beat them every year, its the 1 out of 3 or so that UL COULD win that is what lsu is afraid of. jsut like in baseball. UL was 3-2 against lsu that last season they played, lsu won twice in the regional because the cajuns ran out of pitching. you got over, but skip realized that we were getting way too close so they quit playing UL. Its the same principle that many UL fans, while some may not admit it, are nervous as hell about that football game against McNeese next year. There is a small chance that McNeese would beat UL, but if that chance is realized, then UL is in big trouble. There is a small chance UL would beat lsu in football as well, but if realized.

And, maybe the buildings were kept up better at LSU. since your time at UL the old business building has been remodeled and a new one built (in addition to modernizations to Martin Hall and Madison Hall, and the new computer Science building). This would take care of the school's appearance and would allow for more sections. But what i don't understand is that school's don't just open up tons of classes for the hell of it. The amount of sections are related to the amount of demand for the course. Sure, when i was there, I got shut out of certain sections when i was a frosh, but it was only becasue i tried to wait until the beginning of the semester to schedule. I was never not allowed into a class i wanted because of overcrowding, i might not have gotten the section that i wanted, but that was my fault.

So ET, not that you had any credibility before, but you're really reaching now. Sure lsu's atheltics are better, sure they have more money and a private atheltic fund. UL doesn't, but i think that if you went back over the last several decades and looked at how lsu was treated compared to all the other schools in the state, you would understand why UL doesn't have a better greek environment or a true southern feel. and while that may have seemed like a good idea then, look at the state now with none of the schools ranking in the top 50% in the nation. So the issue isn't us making up lies to make our school better, its you making broad generalizations and exagerrations to make it look bad. Are you seriously coming up with crap like "not enough sections" or "the student body liked to go out to much" to make UL look bad? you are running in circles now my friend. So go back up to the top of my post and answer my question. Instead of coming up with more crap, while don't you leave all the BS behind and lets discuss the issues.

2. Default Re: Basketball scheduling

You guys need to address the bigger issue of conference affiliation. The SBC isn't going to produce more then one bid unless another team has a good RPI and out-of-conference record. Either make the SBC stronger or focus on making the leap to CUSA. Playing a soft schedule isn't helpful to any school unless you're from a power conference. Even then, I'd argue it's still not a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux
    Answer my question. If you are such a genius and are so well educated, then tell me how you would improve UL's graduation rate.

you are such a stupid moron. Saying that UL is comparable to LSUE is ridiculous and you know it. comparing it to Tulane is ridiculous because it is a private school. And as for LSU, like i said, if our state decides to dump more money into one school and make it big, than allotting money to keeping up the second largest school in that state, in one of the largest and wealthiest cities in the state, then.well I think that we can all see how good that idea is.

and to say that "the only thing people talked about was the strip and going out" is unreal. Firstly, is that a bad thing that young students like to spend time together having fun and partying? Second, isn't lsu normally rated as a top party school or something? then you say that the social climate was better at lsu and the greek system was better? What the hell are you talking about? But UL students talked about going out too much? What? why don't you take a look at what you are saying and quit contradicting yourself everytime you appear.

And yes lsu is afraid to play UL. the last two times the basketball teams played, UL was a player away from a much better showing in the game. the second to last time, Orien Green and Dwayne Mitchell were out. And last year, Chris Cameron went out with the shoulder injury in the first half, and that's when lsu pulled away. lsu's team was probably better than ul's, speaking only in pure talent. but those games were a lot closer than you'd like to say they were. but we aren't saying lsu is afraid becasue UL would beat them every year, its the 1 out of 3 or so that UL COULD win that is what lsu is afraid of. jsut like in baseball. UL was 3-2 against lsu that last season they played, lsu won twice in the regional because the cajuns ran out of pitching. you got over, but skip realized that we were getting way too close so they quit playing UL. Its the same principle that many UL fans, while some may not admit it, are nervous as hell about that football game against McNeese next year. There is a small chance that McNeese would beat UL, but if that chance is realized, then UL is in big trouble. There is a small chance UL would beat lsu in football as well, but if realized.

And, maybe the buildings were kept up better at LSU. since your time at UL the old business building has been remodeled and a new one built (in addition to modernizations to Martin Hall and Madison Hall, and the new computer Science building). This would take care of the school's appearance and would allow for more sections. But what i don't understand is that school's don't just open up tons of classes for the hell of it. The amount of sections are related to the amount of demand for the course. Sure, when i was there, I got shut out of certain sections when i was a frosh, but it was only becasue i tried to wait until the beginning of the semester to schedule. I was never not allowed into a class i wanted because of overcrowding, i might not have gotten the section that i wanted, but that was my fault.

So ET, not that you had any credibility before, but you're really reaching now. Sure lsu's atheltics are better, sure they have more money and a private atheltic fund. UL doesn't, but i think that if you went back over the last several decades and looked at how lsu was treated compared to all the other schools in the state, you would understand why UL doesn't have a better greek environment or a true southern feel. and while that may have seemed like a good idea then, look at the state now with none of the schools ranking in the top 50% in the nation. So the issue isn't us making up lies to make our school better, its you making broad generalizations and exagerrations to make it look bad. Are you seriously coming up with crap like "not enough sections" or "the student body liked to go out to much" to make UL look bad? you are running in circles now my friend. So go back up to the top of my post and answer my question. Instead of coming up with more crap, while don't you leave all the BS behind and lets discuss the issues.
    You, sir, are a moron. Why don't you get out of the oil field for ten seconds and try to understand my post in context.

When I was at USL there was little or no connection between the students that attended and the campus or campus life in general. It was and is a commuter school. The vast majority of its students were from a tweny radius of Lafayete and they attended classes and left campus. No one cared about being a student at UL. Unlike say Ole Miss or UGA or LSU where students are part of the school scene or community. You obivousily don't understand what I am talking about because ULL does not have that type of envoirnment. This has nothing to do with partying. Tulane is a top party school and provides better academics than LSU or USL. It has to do with the mindset of the student body as a whole. LSU was a southern school, with a sports tradition. More upper middle class students, lots of greeks, strong social scene. ULL was more working-class. Most students were not involved in the school and more worried about work and getting out. Not the same experience at all. Much more of them quitting school or flunking out.

The Greek sys at ULL is crap, I was in a fraternity and the fraternity is sys at LSU is excellent. ULL had garbage houses and weak parties. That is why I compared the two.

At ULL, no one went to football games. No one went to basketball games. hardly any students tailgated or gave a damn about the team.

There is nothing you can say to support the fantasy that LSU is afraid to play USL. LSU beats USL in everything. LSU has a winning record against the peppers in everything but softball. Stop lying to yourself. Quit claiming moral victories. The peppers went 3-2 against the tigets 1 yr out of 100, and LSU elminated them from the playoffs that yr, so which wins counted more?

Nothing in USL sports comes close to comparing to LSU sports. Were you at the football game? LSU could have score 3 or 4 more times on the pepper defense. The pepper offense did not even score a td. You guys just plain sucked. ULL is not as talented, not as good, not as popular, not Do I need to go on?

LSU will turn out more draft picks this yr than peppers have in the pros right now. Stop trying to make up things to equate USL to LSU. you are delusional. How many times does LSU have to destroy the peppers on the field for you to accept it?

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

You, sir, are a moron. Why don't you get out of the oil field for ten seconds and try to understand my post in context.

When I was at USL there was little or no connection between the students that attended and the campus or campus life in general. It was and is a commuter school. The vast majority of its students were from a tweny radius of Lafayete and they attended classes and left campus. No one cared about being a student at UL. Unlike say Ole Miss or UGA or LSU where students are part of the school scene or community. You obivousily don't understand what I am talking about because UL does not have that type of envoirnment. This has nothing to do with partying. Tulane is a top party school and provides better academics than LSU or USL. It has to do with the mindset of the student body as a whole. LSU was a southern school, with a sports tradition. More upper middle class students, lots of greeks, strong social scene. ULL was more working-class. Most students were not involved in the school and more worried about work and getting out. Not the same experience at all. Much more of them quitting school or flunking out.

The Greek sys at UL is crap, I was in a fraternity and the fraternity is sys at LSU is excellent. ULL had garbage houses and weak parties. That is why I compared the two.

At UL, no one went to football games. No one went to basketball games. hardly any students tailgated or gave a damn about the team.

There is nothing you can say to support the fantasy that LSU is afraid to play USL. LSU beats USL in everything. LSU has a winning record against UL in everything but softball. Stop lying to yourself. Quit claiming moral victories. UL went 3-2 against the tigets 1 yr out of 100, and LSU elminated them from the playoffs that yr, so which wins counted more?

Nothing in USL sports comes close to comparing to LSU sports. Were you at the football game? LSU could have score 3 or 4 more times on the pepper defense. The pepper offense did not even score a td. You guys just plain sucked. ULL is not as talented, not as good, not as popular, not Do I need to go on?

LSU will turn out more draft picks this yr than peppers have in the pros right now. Stop trying to make up things to equate USL to LSU. you are delusional. How many times does LSU have to destroy UL on the field for you to accept it?
    So that means you don't want to discuss the issues.

how did you know i was in the oilfield? Well actually, I'm not in the field, I'm 30 stories up in a high rise in downtown Houston. but i do have two rigs drilling gas wells in the field, and engineers running those rigs, and taking those rigs where i tell them to.

And I apologize for upsetting you. I guess you are right that UL is a commuter school. In fact, I knew of hundreds of students who commuted from their apartments everyday. In the complexes that I lived in and that my friends lived in, large majorities of them were full of college students, and that doesn't even count the neighborhoods surrounding the school, where 70-90% of those neighborhoods contain students. and you know, that's very similar to the environment surrounding lsu. I guess the difference is that UL does have some students who live in the surrrounding towns, whereas all of lsu's students are from Baton Rouge, right? And none of those students drive in everyday from other parts of BR, or from Denham, or from prarieville? Broad generalizations padnuh. quit stereotyping.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Basketball scheduling

Thanks, Turbine, for remembering the Pentathlam. Just for historical sake, those that have criticized the Ragin Cajun athletic programs and its successes in 2004-05 as being the 3rd winningest program in the nation in Div 1. They were silence when the purple and gold had good numbers in 2005-06.

I am not sure if I should continue with the spreadsheet in 2006-07 because of Louisiana State University Agricultural & Mechanical @ Baton Rouge dismal failure in men's basketball and the strength of schedule and RPI of the storied baseball program.

With all the money they've got it seems that the TigerCubs could put a better product on the fields.

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux
    So that means you don't want to discuss the issues.

how did you know i was in the oilfield? Well actually, I'm not in the field, I'm 30 stories up in a high rise in downtown Houston. but i do have two rigs drilling gas wells in the field, and engineers running those rigs, and taking those rigs where i tell them to.

And I apologize for upsetting you. I guess you are right that UL is a commuter school. In fact, I knew of hundreds of students who commuted from their apartments everyday. In the complexes that I lived in and that my friends lived in, large majorities of them were full of college students, and that doesn't even count the neighborhoods surrounding the school, where 70-90% of those neighborhoods contain students. and you know, that's very similar to the environment surrounding lsu. I guess the difference is that UL does have some students who live in the surrrounding towns, whereas all of lsu's students are from Baton Rouge, right? And none of those students drive in everyday from other parts of BR, or from Denham, or from prarieville? Broad generalizations padnuh. quit stereotyping.
    The largest block of LSU students list br as there home, but many of those are using to it get around freshmen dorm requirements. The NO metro region turns out most of the student body. ULL gets most of its students from Lafayette, St. Landry, Vermillion and Iberia Parishesall within 20 miles of lafayette. Ask any administrator and they will describe it as a commuter school.

I would fundementally restructure higher ed in LA. Merge all bds into one bd, set up a tiered sys like CA, merge LA Tech and LSU-S, make LSU-E & A into two yr schools and put them in the community college sys, strip Phd programs from all schools except LSU, SU, UNO, ULL, LaTech, close the ag center at SU, close ag colleges everywhere but LSU and Grambling, shut down SU law school.

Then I would set up four schools to be designated research universities and fund them properly: LSU, UNO, ULL, LaTech. LSU's research mission would include the law school, med schools, vet school, Pennington. I would re-direct all major research funding to the research schools. The other schools would be shrunken down to regional colleges with the mission of turing out bach degrees and a few sellect masters degrees.

Then the research schools would set their own admissions standards and be forced to co-ordinate degree programs and research projects.

NO More remedial classes at four yr schools, if one needs remedials go to cc.

The goal would be to marshal limited resources to a limited number of research universities. then to make those research universities work together. Also, to have the regional universities function as economic engines for their respective areas and not encroach on the broader mission of the research schools.

Stop trying to make up things to equate USL to LSU.
    I don't see where anyone had said anything remotely like this.

UL is different than LSU. And thank God for that.

Your fixation with the "kool-aid drinkers" is unhealthy.

I really feel sorry for you.

Enjoy what you have.

Leave the rest of us to do the same with what we have here.

Quote Originally Posted by LSUfan20
    You guys need to address the bigger issue of conference affiliation. The SBC isn't going to produce more then one bid unless another team has a good RPI and out-of-conference record. Either make the SBC stronger or focus on making the leap to CUSA. Playing a soft schedule isn't helpful to any school unless you're from a power conference. Even then, I'd argue it's still not a good idea.
    I can't argue with anything you said. The unfortunate reality is that the SBC is our best fit right now. Where else can we be as competative as we are (and we are competative) with one of the five lowest athletic budgets?

At a minimum, we would need to triple our annual budget to begin to be at a level of consistent competition with CUSA peers.

I believe it's possible, but it's not going to happen overnight. My fear is that the collective fan patience is at a point where it is discouraged that it is not happening fast enough.

I'm confident that we will see progress in our football program this fall and our basketball program in the winter. But we are not doing ourselves any favors by staying in a conference of members that at the end of the day really don't want to be there.

9. Default Re: Basketball scheduling

Actually, ________, I was accepted to LSU, USL and Tulane in HS. I went to the Army instead. When I got out of the army, I decided to attend USL b/c I like Lafayette and wanted to live there.

I went to USL and majored in finance and it sucked, frankly. The school had no identity, it was a commuter school and seemed to resemble LSU-E more than LSU and Tulane. No one on campus cared about the school, the only thing people talked about was the strip and going out ( Fall of '96). NO school spirit at all. And this was the year that USL beat A&M. The business school was terrible, the building was run down and it did not offer many sections of required classes.

So I transferred to LSU. I loved it. LSU has a southern school identity, big into sports, strong Greek system and college style social system. More classes and sections and generally a better program. That is now supported by USNews, and the WSJ rankings.

SO, unlike most of the people on this board, I have been to both schools and can compare the two.

Anyway, Kal claimed that LSU does not want to play UL b/c LSU is afraid of them. BUt LSU has crushed them the last two times the two have played, why would the LSU coaches be afraid to play a team that they routinely stomp?

You guys are fools, you make up lies to satisfy your belief that USL is better than it is, you change the name of the school in articles written by others, block people who point out your lies and you are just plain delusional.

Why do LSU fans come on this board and talk trash? Do these people have that much time on their hands? Are you on every SEC fan board too, talking trash there as well? If you don't have to work, go get in shape or something. You are spending way too much time in front of a computer screen.

10. Default Re: Basketball scheduling

In case you have not noticed, LSU is a very poorly ranked university, relative to other state flagship schools and private schools around the country. My freshman year was at LSU. I thought it was a second rate school, so I transfered to U of Florida and the difference was like night and day. One of the reasons LSU will always be way behind other state flagship schools like Florida, Texas, and North Carolina is because LSU tries so hard to keep all the other state schools down. In Florida, the university system supports all the schools, not just the flagship, with plenty of $$ needed.

LSU for me was just a fun party for one year when I was 18. It was a great time, but when I had to get serious about my life, I got the hell out of there. Graduated from Florida and then went on to a well known law school in Boston, one that I would not have had a prayer of getting into if I had graduated from LSU.

It is typical of some LSU fans to enjoy kicking down the other state schools, that are denied equal funding, but almost any other state flagship school can similarly knock down LSU, a truly second rate flagship university.

ET must have been beat up on the strip or on campus or something b/c he sure has alot of animosity and concern for a school that he supposedly cares nothing about. Get over it dude your beating a dead horse over and over!

The largest block of LSU students list br as there home, but many of those are using to it get around freshmen dorm requirements. The NO metro region turns out most of the student body. ULL gets most of its students from Lafayette, St. Landry, Vermillion and Iberia Parishesall within 20 miles of lafayette. Ask any administrator and they will describe it as a commuter school.

I would fundementally restructure higher ed in LA. Merge all bds into one bd, set up a tiered sys like CA, merge LA Tech and LSU-S, make LSU-E & A into two yr schools and put them in the community college sys, strip Phd programs from all schools except LSU, SU, UNO, Louisiana Là, LaTech, close the ag center at SU, close ag colleges everywhere but LSU and Grambling, shut down SU law school.

Then I would set up four schools to be designated research universities and fund them properly: LSU, UNO, Louisiana Là, LaTech. LSU's research mission would include the law school, med schools, vet school, Pennington. I would re-direct all major research funding to the research schools. The other schools would be shrunken down to regional colleges with the mission of turing out bach degrees and a few sellect masters degrees.

Then the research schools would set their own admissions standards and be forced to co-ordinate degree programs and research projects.

NO More remedial classes at four yr schools, if one needs remedials go to cc.

The goal would be to marshal limited resources to a limited number of research universities. then to make those research universities work together. Also, to have the regional universities function as economic engines for their respective areas and not encroach on the broader mission of the research schools.
    I applaude your stepping up and not going down the road of degredation any more. We could do that all day long if we wanted. But by the words you've just written, you admit that the way the entire Louisiana higher education system is structured, doesn't work very well. And by reading what you wrote, i also infer that you don't agree with any of this flagship nonsense, mostly because lsu honks generally like to include that in their arguments.

You seem to believe that most of these schools, in order to succeed, should be treated as equals in all regards, and allowed to run themselves with supervision from above, not with instructions from above. I too agree with that. As it is now, the state limits what happens at all schools except for lsu, to promote only one school. That is the only way i can explain there being higher admissions and tuition at lsu, while all others' are relatively equal.

of all the college students in Louisiana, LSU might be the most populated (about 25k to UL's ~18k) but they do not educate a majority of the state's students. therefore i think it is immature and irresponsible for the state to cater so much to one school, without providing enough support to grow its other schools, and enable the students that graduate from those schools, the same prestige that is percieved in Baton Rouge.

I would concur that some of those schools be shut down or altered. Perhaps instead of there being a UL system and a LSU system, there should be more of a University system, and a college system, or a research system and non-research like you suggested. But, not sure if i agree that separate UL and LSU systems stay in tact.

But i still can't understand why you criticize those who choose to assocaite themselves with a school other than lsu, and who call them fans of another school, and have pride in another school, when you have admitted that you are quite aware that many of the issues with UL and with other LA schools are a result of lawmakers in BR. It doesn't make sense to me. If UL fans want to "make up" stories, then so be it. If UL fans want to make up Pentathlam rankings the so be it. Its all about perception and spin. WE percieve things a certain way, and spin things a certain way, and that's our business. I can't count how many times I've spoken to, or heard on the radio, LSU fans talking about the teams they beaten and lost to. In many lsu fan's eyes, tiger teams always beat awesome opponents, and never lose to bad ones. Fans of every school do this. do you go to lsu message boards and constantly set thsoe guys straight? I'm amazed as to why guys like you, and like the clowns on that Jim jones board stick your nose in it, but for what reason? what do you get out of this?

Don't tell me that LSU wasn't afraid to play us that year. That win that LSU had against UL in the tourney was a fluke. Remember what happened in the NCAA tourney that year? We went toe to toe with the number 4 ranked team in the NATION, only to lose in large part to some bad calls. In fact we gave Louisville their closest game all tournament until they lost in the final four. What did LSU do? Oh that's right, they ran back to BR with their tails between their legs after being utterly destroyed by a lackluster UAB team.

Also you want to talk about lies? Feel free to snoop around BR and see all the lies and coverups your "beloved" school has made in the past 50 years. We aren't telling lies here. We and the rest of the schools in this state are better than lsu thinks they are. Lies are what came out of the judges mouth who reversed his decision to name us UL after the tiger booster paid him off.

Get this through your thick head. LSU is NOT good for Louisiana. Louisiana is the laughing stock of America for political corruption. And any time a school tries to step up to make a name for itself, LSU finds a way to use its leverage to subdue the opposition. LSU and the state government have been having sex for decades. LSU is Louisiana's mafia. If LSU is so great as you believe, then it wouldn't be meddling in the affairs of other schools. AND YOU WOULDN'T EITHER!!! What's the abbreviation of political corruption? LSU.

Also, I live near Eunice. If you even remotely think that UL resembles LSUE then you should be declared legally retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by miamicajun32
    In case you have not noticed, LSU is a very poorly ranked university, relative to other state flagship schools and private schools around the country. My freshman year was at LSU. I thought it was a second rate school, so I transfered to U of Florida and the difference was like night and day. One of the reasons LSU will always be way behind other state flagship schools like Florida, Texas, and North Carolina is because LSU tries so hard to keep all the other state schools down. In Florida, the university system supports all the schools, not just the flagship, with plenty of $$ needed.

LSU for me was just a fun party for one year when I was 18. It was a great time, but when I had to get serious about my life, I got the hell out of there. Graduated from Florida and then went on to a well known law school in Boston, one that I would not have had a prayer of getting into if I had graduated from LSU.

It is typical of some LSU fans to enjoy kicking down the other state schools, that are denied equal funding, but almost any other state flagship school can similarly knock down LSU, a truly second rate flagship university.
    The Ole "I went to a better school than LSU side argument." What does that have to do with LSU v. UL? If FL is better than LSU then it is way, way better than UL. I have a friend that went to Duke. He considers any state school other UVA or Berkley, just a state school. It is all about perspective.

I don't doubt that FL is a better school, the FL sys is better than the LA sys of higher ed. LSU is improving and has made strides in the last yr. I guess it all depends on your perspective.

Fl fans don't make up lies to make their school look better. They don't need fake Panthelam rankings b/c the school is good at sports.

ULL fans make up lies, like "LSU is afraid to play us". that is a load of crap. LSU don't have to make up achievements like pepperfan does, its that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal
    Don't tell me that LSU wasn't afraid to play us that year. That win that LSU had against UL in the tourney was a fluke. Remember what happened in the NCAA tourney that year? We went toe to toe with the number 4 ranked team in the NATION, only to lose in large part to some bad calls. In fact we gave Louisville their closest game all tournament until they lost in the final four. What did LSU do? Oh that's right, they ran back to BR with their tails between their legs after being utterly destroyed by a lackluster UAB team.

Also you want to talk about lies? Feel free to snoop around BR and see all the lies and coverups your "beloved" school has made in the past 50 years. We aren't telling lies here. We and the rest of the schools in this state are better than lsu thinks they are. Lies are what came out of the judges mouth who reversed his decision to name us UL after the tiger booster paid him off.

Get this through your thick head. LSU is NOT good for Louisiana. Louisiana is the laughing stock of America for political corruption. And any time a school tries to step up to make a name for itself, LSU finds a way to use its leverage to subdue the opposition. LSU and the state government have been having sex for decades. LSU is Louisiana's mafia. If LSU is so great as you believe, then it wouldn't be meddling in the affairs of other schools. AND YOU WOULDN'T EITHER!!! What's the abbreviation of political corruption? LSU.

Also, I live near Eunice. If you even remotely think that UL resembles LSUE then you should be declared legally retarded.
    Once again liar, you resort to moral victories. "We almost beat Louisville, we almost beat this team," but YOU STILL LOST TO THOSE TEAMS and LSU. Look dude, go back offshore and imagine that your commuter school is a player in sports. Make up lies like the Penthalem. Claim that your 104th ranked recruiting class is full of recruits that you stole from real schools. The truth is in the record. your basketball did not even make its own tournment in the worst conference in America. LSU finished with a winning record and will play in the NIT while the peppers sit at home again. Your football program is a laughing stock and rent-a-win. Scelfo made an ass out of Bustle and the rest of you. You make up lies about the number of people going to your recruiting bash which is held in the back of a restrauant. Keep blaming LSU for all of ULL's problems when you can't even put 25k in the stadium.

LA may be laughing stock, but ULL is not even the thrid best LA has to offer, so what does that it?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread Information