Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 . LastLast

Thread: Any information on cajun field renovation

Default Re: any information on cajun field renovation

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Ahh.thanks. I thought Bordelon and Cloutier were working together to try and pull together financing for the new stadium?
    They are.

2. Default Re: any information on cajun field renovation

OK can somebody after all this answer these questions:::: What is the master plan??? Does anybody know or has anybody on this board seen it??? Reason for the question brings out so much speculation in whether it is part of the campus master plan where we are using the recently passed money for collateral in the bonds needed or is it totally on its own----I think/hope that we are using part of the voted for campus plan money for the athletic part---Again, Does anybody know??? Now does anybody know what specifically is in the athletic master plan and again has anybody seen it??? I had posted that the stadium might not be any where near as important as the athletic building of offices and weight rooms etc (guess they can use the monies promised by Moncla for this part------Damn does anybody know that can just inspire us to do the things necessary to keep this momentum going????

This is a GREAT IDEA Re: any information on cajun field renovation

The fans can hold on to the rope if the administration eases up its hold on the balls.

I see the momentum dwindling.
    Excitement waining.
    Silence by our leaders

I wonder if Coach Hud has any input.

Your asking the right questions Boomer. Respect for Savoie for not being open or prepared for expansion is all but eroded. Months past due and still at square one. We know today what we knew 1 year ago. If this were a for profit business heads would have rolled a long time ago. Complete business ineptitude. Sad that the disconnect has widened to this degree.

Whatever happened to athletics being THE front door for our University? Great statement. Loved it when it was said. Turned out to be a polticians words. All wordsnothing said was true in reality

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    Your asking the right questions Boomer. Respect for Savoie for not being open or prepared for expansion is all but eroded. Months past due and still at square one. We know today what we knew 1 year ago. If this were a for profit business heads would have rolled a long time ago. Complete business ineptitude. Sad that the disconnect has widened to this degree.

Whatever happened to athletics being THE front door for our University? Great statement. Loved it when it was said. Turned out to be a polticians words. All wordsnothing said was true in reality
    http://www.klfy.com/story/19598748/n.-stadium-talks

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post

"Front porch". T-Joe just thought it sounded cool at the time. Universities don't have porches.

The details of the story, including the date and person, are very telling.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    "Front porch". T-Joe just thought it sounded cool at the time. Universities don't have porches.
    Well many do. We are meeting to hire someone to develop a porch plan. But we need to wait until the time is right. And we need to work quietly behind the scenes so we don't upset those with a big screened porch as well as those with no porch at all. And if anyone criticizes our admin or the lack of a porch Timex Boy will rush to the admins defense.

This is an update from the university on 1/19/2013 when a question was raised concerning the "academic master plan":

"the stadium is a separate project being planned through the Athletic Facilities Master Plan. Renderings are in the works."

Also Dr. Savoie borrowed the "front porch" phrase from former LSU Chancellor, Mark Emmert.

Time to start a fire T Joe thread? Cant deliver on a plan to do something, much less actually doing something about why doing nothing. Anybody miss a major deliverable in business and not at least try to explain why delay occurred or just let all know with a vested interest they can go fxxx themselves and be accountable to no one. Wouldn't happen.

Silence to me is insubordination to all fans AND RCAF supporters. Our financial support not important enough to him to meet date commitments. He deserves to be fired ASAP.

FYI this is poulicarp.on my sons iPad tonight. Forgot to change login.

PP #2

Quote Originally Posted by ULdude View Post
    Time to start a fire T Joe thread? Cant deliver on a plan to do something, much less actually doing something about why doing nothing. Anybody miss a major deliverable in business and not at least try to explain why delay occurred or just let all know with a vested interest they can go fxxx themselves and be accountable to no one. Wouldn't happen.

Silence to me is insubordination to all fans AND RCAF supporters. Our financial support not important enough to him to meet date commitments. He deserves to be fired ASAP.
    Be careful, the cajun mafia will put out a contract on you.

Quote Originally Posted by ULdude View Post

They may be able to raise some RCAF funds by taking bets on guessing the date they whip out the drawing and then take more bets on guessing the date of the groundbreaking ceremony. Winners can wheel T-Joe out to the 50-yard-line for the coin toss ceremony for the first game after renovations are complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    OK can somebody after all this answer these questions:::: What is the master plan??? Does anybody know or has anybody on this board seen it??? Reason for the question brings out so much speculation in whether it is part of the campus master plan where we are using the recently passed money for collateral in the bonds needed or is it totally on its own----I think/hope that we are using part of the voted for campus plan money for the athletic part---Again, Does anybody know??? Now does anybody know what specifically is in the athletic master plan and again has anybody seen it??? I had posted that the stadium might not be any where near as important as the athletic building of offices and weight rooms etc (guess they can use the monies promised by Moncla for this part------Damn does anybody know that can just inspire us to do the things necessary to keep this momentum going????
    I will try to answer as many of these questions as I can. I have not seen any piece of paper that says ".Master Plan." The information I'm about to give came from conversations I had with Dr. Savoie. There is an athletics master plan that addresses all facilities, with the exception of the Cajundome, and the funding thereof. It includes conference affiliation and addressing every component that would attract every conference to us {budget, facility improvements (academic as well as athletic), TV market, team success, coaching salaries, academic standing-I think that's all there were}. There was a scheduled meeting today with financiers to discuss the money issues of the plan. I've already mentioned in another thread that the plan process is a 6-8 month endeavor and we are in the 6th month. Every possible tool that can be utilized for athletics, including the RCAF, facility naming rights, the Alumni Association, the UL Foundation, are on the table for discussion.

This is all I have at the moment. I asked as many questions as I could think of to learn what I could. I believe I received direct answers to direct questions, so I don't think I got all the information that there is to be had. That's why I believe that when it is announced, which should be in the next two months unless there are complications, that even the most strident naysayers on this board should be pleasantly shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    I will try to answer as many of these questions as I can. I have not seen any piece of paper that says ".Master Plan." The information I'm about to give came from conversations I had with Dr. Savoie. There is an athletics master plan that addresses all facilities, with the exception of the Cajundome, and the funding thereof. It includes conference affiliation and addressing every component that would attract every conference to us {budget, facility improvements (academic as well as athletic), TV market, team success, coaching salaries, academic standing-I think that's all there were}. There was a scheduled meeting today with financiers to discuss the money issues of the plan. I've already mentioned in another thread that the plan process is a 6-8 month endeavor and we are in the 6th month. Every possible tool that can be utilized for athletics, including the RCAF, facility naming rights, the Alumni Association, the UL Foundation, are on the table for discussion.

This is all I have at the moment. I asked as many questions as I could think of to learn what I could. I believe I received direct answers to direct questions, so I don't think I got all the information that there is to be had. That's why I believe that when it is announced, which should be in the next two months unless there are complications, that even the most strident naysayers on this board should be pleasantly shocked.
    6th month my ___, April 2012 we were told that a firm had been hired and plan would be complete in September. We are 6 months past due. And I would be wiling to bet a 100k and my left nut we won't see anything in march.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 . LastLast

Thread Information