Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 . LastLast

Thread: Any information on cajun field renovation

Default Re: any information on cajun field renovation

It would be best if any from that era resigned. Not saying they are badthat era for athletics support in general was terrible. It is best for UL to cut ties to this period and bring in a new round of vested local business leaders into the brain trust. No ties to past, only mission of the new board is to see UL athletics be worthy of Big 12 status. Any Authemant era thinking with RCAF leadership will never (literally never) give us a chance. Need guys that have no fear in being bold/visionary nor overly PC in a state where "know your place" actions has historically been rewarded.

Hud/Rob should get a seat/vote on the board for any/all events that include facilities. Football being the largest fiscal commitment but with a potential HUGE ROI if done right with baseball to a lesser degree. Both have untapped potential where facilities can make an immediate impact on attendance and future athletic performance.and it will benefit non athletics in that enrollment in general would benefit with greatly improved athletics performance. Obviously coaching salary related topics would be off limits for voting.

PP #2

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    It would be best if any from that era resigned. Not saying they are badthat era for athletics support in general was terrible. It is best for UL to cut ties to this period and bring in a new round of vested local business leaders into the brain trust. No ties to past, only mission of the new board is to see UL athletics be worthy of Big 12 status. Any Authemant era thinking with RCAF leadership will never (literally never) give us a chance. Need guys that have no fear in being bold/visionary nor overly PC in a state where "know your place" actions has historically been rewarded.

Hud/Rob should get a seat/vote on the board for any/all events that include facilities. Football being the largest fiscal commitment but with a potential HUGE ROI if done right with baseball to a lesser degree. Both have untapped potential where facilities can make an immediate impact on attendance and future athletic performance.and it will benefit non athletics in that enrollment in general would benefit with greatly improved athletics performance. Obviously coaching salary related topics would be off limits for voting.

PP #2
    The problem with all those old pals of Ray is that they think, despite results / evidence to the contrary, his way was the way to do things. In meeting with several new people from outside who have joined this administration over the past few years (including Scott Farmer himself when he first got here) its been sadly amusing to hear all of them say shortly after getting here that they have never heard the phrase "Thats not how we do things here" so often. Somehow those old entrenched bureaucrats cant get it through their heads that "the way we do things around here" is the reason we have ben mired in mediocrity for so long. The old-timers need to step aside and let these guys do the job they were hired to do. Lead, follow or get the hell out of the way !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    John Bordelon is a good guy to have. Former USL player and appears to be pro-active with Cloutier and others in trying to move things along for us.

But yeah.Savoie, Domingues, Hebert, Daigle.definitely old Authement/Blanco guard hanging around.
    John Bordelon is part of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    John Bordelon is part of the problem.
    Better watch it. Somebody might pull your ragin pagin privileges

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Better watch it. Somebody might pull your ragin pagin privileges
    I could care less he is an anchor to the progress of this university's athletic program and the RCAF along with Marc Judice. I have no problem calling out people who are not looking to advance athletics here at UL. They do not want to grow the RCAF because they are the big dogs. They believe that what we have achieved in the past two years is the best that we can expect to be.

I am sorry, but people like them are part of the problem. I do not care how much money they donate to RCAF or the UL Foundation, they can easily be replaced if the RCAF was marketed properly.

We live in a very progressive region of the country and yet we have the most passive, know your place, don't rock the boat attitudes in place running this university and athletic department. Let me tell you something, we do not scare LSU, hell only about 10 programs in the country scare LSU, so why does our leadership fear them so much? Because they are scared of success and what type of accountability success brings with it.

La Tech figured this out about 15 years ago and they flapped their gums over and over again about how great they are and look where it got them, CUSA and Tier 1 academically. ____ they tried a hostile take over of another 4 year institution in order to strengthen themselves.

I leave you with this, what the hell have we done to promote UL in the past 5 years? Because I see nothing. What has RCAF board members done to promote the RCAF? Again I see nothing. The good ole boys trying to fool the masses is all I see.

I could care less he is an anchor to the progress of this university's athletic program and the RCAF along with Marc Judice. I have no problem calling out people who are not looking to advance athletics here at UL. They do not want to grow the RCAF because they are the big dogs. They believe that what we have achieved in the past two years is the best that we can expect to be.

I am sorry, but people like them are part of the problem. I do not care how much money they donate to RCAF or the UL Foundation, they can easily be replaced if the RCAF was marketed properly.

We live in a very progressive region of the country and yet we have the most passive, know your place, don't rock the boat attitudes in place running this university and athletic department. Let me tell you something, we do not scare LSU, hell only about 10 programs in the country scare LSU, so why does our leadership fear them so much? Because they are scared of success and what type of accountability success brings with it.

La Tech figured this out about 15 years ago and they flapped their gums over and over again about how great they are and look where it got them, CUSA and Tier 1 academically. ____ they tried a hostile take over of another 4 year institution in order to strengthen themselves.

I leave you with this, what the hell have we done to promote UL in the past 5 years? Because I see nothing. What has RCAF board members done to promote the RCAF? Again I see nothing. The good ole boys trying to fool the masses is all I see.
    You are preaching to the choir, I was making a joke but I guess it's somewhat of an inside joke.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    You are preaching to the choir, I was making a joke but I guess it's somewhat of an inside joke.
    I got the joke, but I figured I'd join the club. lol

So what are we going to do about this? Is anyone going to actually do something other than email Scott Farmer and the RCAF to threaten to pull your funding? From what everyone is saying on this board, this is what Savoie wants you to do. So.what can we do?

We have several outspoken people on this board.and yet this is the best we can muster? I mentioned this during a Cajunredzone chat.how about we start a petition of removal of certain RCAF members that are not suited to furthering our Athletic Department's ability to grow by their lack of fundraising. I can't do this alone. No one can. But there are tons of us here, we are all good at something. It's the winter time, football is basically over and we have an entire month until cajun baseball begins.let's see what we can come up with. Message me if you think you can help.

Those two gentlemen are there because they are respected successful businessmen in the community and cajun fan to the core. The are not problems but assets to RCAF; to say otherwise is foolish.

10. UL Football Re: any information on cajun field renovation

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    So what are we going to do about this? Is anyone going to actually do something other than email Scott Farmer and the RCAF to threaten to pull your funding? From what everyone is saying on this board, this is what Savoie wants you to do. So.what can we do?

We have several outspoken people on this board.and yet this is the best we can muster? I mentioned this during a Cajunredzone chat.how about we start a petition of removal of certain RCAF members that are not suited to furthering our Athletic Department's ability to grow by their lack of fundraising. I can't do this alone. No one can. But there are tons of us here, we are all good at something. It's the winter time, football is basically over and we have an entire month until cajun baseball begins.let's see what we can come up with. Message me if you think you can help.
    Hawk, I will not cut or stop my RCAF support to the players and coaches. I will however delay it, I will send a letter to T Joe and Farmer expelling why I am not currently giving them money they got in the past.

The sad part is that often in my younger days I spoke to T Joe about the state of athletics and he generally agreed. Now I see him as an obstacle, maybe I am wrong. If he has done everything possible to make us better he needs to become transparent instead of hiding behind the red curtain in Martin Hall. The Wizard needs to lead.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    . The are not problems but assets to RCAF; to say otherwise is foolish.
    I respectfully disagree!

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan96 View Post
    I respectfully disagree!
    That's the good thing that sometimes does/will come out of RP . there are some very good ideas floating about on here to help our university, specifically our athletics improve . the rate of improvement seems to be a question, but none the less, we all seek improvement.

Your respectful disagreement respectfully accepted!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Hawk, I will not cut or stop my RCAF support to the players and coaches. I will however delay it, I will send a letter to T Joe and Farmer expelling why I am not currently giving them money they got in the past.

The sad part is that often in my younger days I spoke to T Joe about the state of athletics and he generally agreed. Now I see him as an obstacle, maybe I am wrong. If he has done everything possible to make us better he needs to become transparent instead of hiding behind the red curtain in Martin Hall. The Wizard needs to lead.
    Sometimes the cows need to be prodded to get them moving in the right direction. 100,000 signatures that state that we are tired of the lack of action from the administration should be a good catalyst.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post

I'm trying to understand your logic. You are opposed to a protest that pulls or withholds donations because you don't. Think it will be effective but you believe a petition will be?

I can't see how names on a piece of paper will move them. On the other hand withholding funds from them (in all areas, not jut athletics) sure seems like away to get their attention.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    Those two gentlemen are there because they are respected successful businessmen in the community and cajun fan to the core. The are not problems but assets to RCAF; to say otherwise is foolish.
    Then you have been misinformed. Their money is good for the program, their as good as we can get attitude is not. I have singled out these two individuals by name because of statements they have made.

They are 100% satisfied with our current status and would like to see us renew our old rivalries with Lamar, McNeese and other SLC schools. That is the wrong attitude for this university's athletic program.

Certain RCAF board members have been removed due to not sharing the same goals or attitude. They have repeatedly presented financially feasible plans for stadium expansion and the advancement of the entire athletic program. They were told thanks, but no thanks, the timing is not right. They then voiced their displeasure regarding the lack of vision and preparation regarding conference realignment. Those members have been removed from the RCAF Board.

But, hey if you believe that the current members are the best we can get and this is the best this program will ever be then you would be correct that Bordelon and Judice are the right people to lead this university.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 . LastLast

Thread Information