Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 . LastLast

Thread: Any information on cajun field renovation

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    They have an oil company takeover baron as their cash pinata.we don't.
    You are right, we could have 100's of them

Default Re: any information on cajun field renovation

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    They have an oil company takeover baron as their cash pinata.we don't.
    Oh ye of little faith. While Pickens gave OSU tons of money, he did not buy all those suites and club seats. Thousands of smaller contributors did that.

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    How much do you plan on donating on this cause? What if you were to contact Dr. Savoie and Mr. Farmer and let them know you are willing to start this off with $X.XX amount? What if you take the lead and get people on RP and around the city on board and start collecting donations to fund the stadium?
    They know people are ready to give the money. Rusty Cloutier already laid out a low interest financing plan for them . The Admin has repeatedly failed to act.

http://www.louisiana.edu/Faculty/Sen./Strategic.pdf

Our strategic plan expires in a year. wonder if we are redoing that as well?

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun10 View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but I don't see how people can constantly lay blame on certain peeps in the administration. They aren't going to let you know every little thing they do along the way. Quit acting like they aren't doing anything at all just because we don't know the ins and outs of what's going on daily.

It is no secret the leaps and bounds we have made in the last 5 years. Try to have a little freaking patience and stop being so damn negative. My biggest pet peeve in a person's character is pessimism/negativity.
    It's also no secret that they've made major blunders repeatedly regarding conference realignment, fundraising, facility improvements, master plans etc. My biggest pet peeve in a person's character is blithely, blindly following incompetence and refusing to acknowledge reality.

6. UL Football Re: any information on cajun field renovation

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Express, The RCAF is a part of the UL Foundation. It is NOT a seperate entity. Therein lies a problem. The UL Foundation has to do an annual report but not the RCAF. I wish they would, just to to encourage the members and to be more open.
    I know that, but thanks to letting everyone know. This was one of my fears when this thing got off the ground, that it would be totally under the UL administration with little autonomy.

Still in order to encourage more donations I think a breakdown of what they are doing with the money, and what, and how they plan to use increased funding for would help. Transparency is the key in the 21st century. We have seen at all levels secrecy is a thing that is almost impossible to maintain, so just be transparent.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I know that, but thanks to letting everyone know. This was one of my fears when this thing got off the ground, that it would be totally under the UL administration with little autonomy.

Still in order to encourage more donations I think a breakdown of what they are doing with the money, and what, and how they plan to use increased funding for would help. Transparency is the key in the 21st century. We have seen at all levels secrecy is a thing that is almost impossible to maintain, so just be transparent.
    When RCAF was first set up under the Foundation the reasons given was that the RCAF monies would be able to be used on paper to bolster the Foundations total giving which was supposed to an important measure for the vaunted "Tier 1" status. Yet Tier 1 status seems as elusive as the Master Plan.

In hindsight, I would rather an independent RCAF.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    In hindsight, I would rather an independent RCAF.
    Same here.

I thought the RCAF was an independent entity?????????

We are lead by a small minded, scared man.

Quote Originally Posted by 82Cajun View Post
    I thought the RCAF was an independent entity?????????
    It's under the UL foundation and the admin appoints the board. We just give money and are not allowed a voice in choosing the leadership or direction of the foundation. When the RCAF was first announced we were so hungry for an athletic support organization that we didn't question it's structure.

It's under the UL foundation and the admin appoints the board. We just give money and are not allowed a voice in choosing the leadership or direction of the foundation. When the RCAF was first announced we were so hungry for an athletic support organization that we didn't question it's structure.
    And they have many from the old guard still hanging around.
    http://rcaf.louisiana.edu/about-rcaf

13. UL Football Re: any information on cajun field renovation

RCAF is just an updated Ragin'Cajun Club.

Listening to Pat McDonald, Louie Lowry, Ken Meyers and Blaine Barrilleaux I cannot hear anything different in their presentation that I have not read on this board. "We have to donate". We all know that. The problem is how do we get the so call 90,000 allumni around this area to hear the message. The fan's sitting in the stands. Our next door neighbors, etc. I do not see any promotions at all other than this board. And the only one to hear it is the one's on this board. Case in point. My son works for a oil service company. I asked him last week end if anyone at the company office knew about the RCAF. One said, "something about the republican convention". Now this company is in the heart of Lafayette. The person he asked was one of the senior officers. My son said, "this is no joke Pop". The above mention members of the RCAF had better say more than we have to donate. Hell we know thatget the damn message out to the public. We just finish a football season, and a good one I may add. So let's start now, not in August.

Quote Originally Posted by andrepourciau View Post
    And they have many from the old guard still hanging around.
    http://rcaf.louisiana.edu/about-rcaf
    John Bordelon is a good guy to have. Former USL player and appears to be pro-active with Cloutier and others in trying to move things along for us.

But yeah.Savoie, Domingues, Hebert, Daigle.definitely old Authement/Blanco guard hanging around.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 . LastLast

Thread Information