Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 . LastLast

Thread: Any information on cajun field renovation

Default Re: any information on cajun field renovation

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    I will try to answer as many of these questions as I can. I have not seen any piece of paper that says ".Master Plan." The information I'm about to give came from conversations I had with Dr. Savoie. There is an athletics master plan that addresses all facilities, with the exception of the Cajundome, and the funding thereof. It includes conference affiliation and addressing every component that would attract every conference to us {budget, facility improvements (academic as well as athletic), TV market, team success, coaching salaries, academic standing-I think that's all there were}. There was a scheduled meeting today with financiers to discuss the money issues of the plan. I've already mentioned in another thread that the plan process is a 6-8 month endeavor and we are in the 6th month. Every possible tool that can be utilized for athletics, including the RCAF, facility naming rights, the Alumni Association, the UL Foundation, are on the table for discussion.

This is all I have at the moment. I asked as many questions as I could think of to learn what I could. I believe I received direct answers to direct questions, so I don't think I got all the information that there is to be had. That's why I believe that when it is announced, which should be in the next two months unless there are complications, that even the most strident naysayers on this board should be pleasantly shocked.
    Maybe you should have asked why they promised to reveal the Master Pan on our nationally televised ESPN game if hey knew it would take 6-8 months. T-Joe apparently knows you will swallow whatever story he tells you with no questions asked. An hen you run here to repeat it like you have some confidential inside knowledge. You are exactly what this admin wants. You are their dream fan. You are a tool for this administration.

I will try to answer as many of these questions as I can. I have not seen any piece of paper that says ".Master Plan." The information I'm about to give came from conversations I had with Dr. Savoie. There is an athletics master plan that addresses all facilities, with the exception of the Cajundome, and the funding thereof. It includes conference affiliation and addressing every component that would attract every conference to us {budget, facility improvements (academic as well as athletic), TV market, team success, coaching salaries, academic standing-I think that's all there were}. There was a scheduled meeting today with financiers to discuss the money issues of the plan. I've already mentioned in another thread that the plan process is a 6-8 month endeavor and we are in the 6th month. Every possible tool that can be utilized for athletics, including the RCAF, facility naming rights, the Alumni Association, the UL Foundation, are on the table for discussion.

This is all I have at the moment. I asked as many questions as I could think of to learn what I could. I believe I received direct answers to direct questions, so I don't think I got all the information that there is to be had. That's why I believe that when it is announced, which should be in the next two months unless there are complications, that even the most strident naysayers on this board should be pleasantly shocked.
    Bull crap. Are you that gullible or self righteous. I have 2 e-mails on the very subject to Farmer with only one response that did not say anything. No response on the second one where we stood. RCAF member, 2 sport season ticket holder here, but guess I don't deserve the courtesy of a response.

Sounds simple.source for this could have been Savoie months ago. Sorry but way too little, too late. Insubordination via massive unexplained delays to the Cajun Nation faithful have occurred. It may be awesome. Missing publicly stated deadlines and doing nothing to validate delays with stakeholders is beyond reproach and easily justifiable for immediate termination.

4. Default Re: any information on cajun field renovation

Thanks Lcitsh----The things that you have mentioned seem to be very good as far as the direction that we are taking---BUT really these are NO BRAINERS----Damn right I would have visited and had conference officials and even other possible future conference schools visit our place----Point out the Academic construction as a very important component of the plans----and certainly juxtaposition of all our favorable comparisons----Do we use all our resources---Duuuhhhh???? yea I heard that the finance situation meeting went very well and the interest rates are just begging to be taken advantage of NOW----I am looking at T-Joe's performance on facilities and he seems to be batting a very high average---the cleaning of all the buildings, the Bourgeois Hall pool etc, the DORMS, the Union, the ARCH building, and the master campus vote----all the funding gods were in place for these and now it is in having to sail in uncharted (non-funded) waters-----Cross the river and shout ALLIA JACTA EST!!!!! We will surely follow!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Thanks Lcitsh----The things that you have mentioned seem to be very good as far as the direction that we are taking---BUT really these are NO BRAINERS----Damn right I would have visited and had conference officials and even other possible future conference schools visit our place----Point out the Academic construction as a very important component of the plans----and certainly juxtaposition of all our favorable comparisons----Do we use all our resources---Duuuhhhh???? yea I heard that the finance situation meeting went very well and the interest rates are just begging to be taken advantage of NOW----I am looking at T-Joe's performance on facilities and he seems to be batting a very high average---the cleaning of all the buildings, the Bourgeois Hall pool etc, the DORMS, the Union, the ARCH building, and the master campus vote----all the funding gods were in place for these and now it is in having to sail in uncharted (non-funded) waters-----Cross the river and shout ALLIA JACTA EST!!!!! We will surely follow!!!!
    Boomer, don't buy his bull ____! Until there is concrete plans for all to see then I will not believe a word the administration says.

6. Default Re: any information on cajun field renovation

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Boomer, don't buy his bull ____! Until there is concrete plans for all to see then I will not believe a word the administration says.
    ---Post factum events are what I reported---intentionally left out was the Athletic Master plan---that I do not know ergo the part of the uncharted waters---We will all be waiting for the good the bad or the ugly upcoming events!!! There are goings on that would point toward this being done but like you I just wonder ---What in the hell is taking so damn long????

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    I'm trying to understand your logic. You are opposed to a protest that pulls or withholds donations because you don't. Think it will be effective but you believe a petition will be?

I can't see how names on a piece of paper will move them. On the other hand withholding funds from them (in all areas, not jut athletics) sure seems like away to get their attention.
    Taking your money out is the EASY way out. It's a cop out. It's taking your ball and going home like a spoiled child. Instead of trying to unite our fan base and push for change.you would rather bankrupt the athletic department? Now I'm trying to understand your logic.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Taking your money out is the EASY way out. It's a cop out. It's taking your ball and going home like a spoiled child. Instead of trying to unite our fan base and push for change.you would rather bankrupt the athletic department? Now I'm trying to understand your logic.
    Its not a cop out. Its getting their attention using the one thing they understand.money. If they gave a rats ___ about our opinion alone they would have changed the way they do things years ago.

The root canal requires action. The dental equivelent of our admin would tell you to rinse with warm salt water.
    No, no, no.a root canal requires a decision by the person on whether to get it done or pull the tooth and take the easy way out. The decision is on us. We cannot wait on our administration to make our decision for us, they have shown that time is not a factor to them. We must do something to force the issue. WE. Stop even bringing up our administration. This is about what we must do. It's our decision. Do we get our voices heard loud and clear.or do we yank our money out because it's too much work to get signatures?

Here is a different way of approaching the building of a new stadium by UNLV. This is off the MtnWestFans.com board.

http://www.mwcconnection.com/2013/1/13/ . ideo-board

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Here is a different way of approaching the building of a new stadium by UNLV. This is off the MtnWestFans.com board.

http://www.mwcconnection.com/2013/1/13/ . ideo-board
    Link doesn't work.I keep getting a "site does not exist" error

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    The same thing I have been talking about for the past 3 weeks. Open your ears and unbunch your thong.
    Well. I've read the subject forum threads, at least, for 3 weeks. including your "input". and I see nothing that is positively impacting the status of our athletic situation. I do see where you don't respect fans who give money. You say you are pessimistic about RCAF and anyone "big" ever contributing. The Master Plan requires it. What else are you doing to "unite us"?

Its not a cop out. Its getting their attention using the one thing they understand.money. If they gave a rats ___ about our opinion alone they would have changed the way they do things years ago.
    I respect what you have to say and everyone is entiltled to do as they please with their money. But my take on the statement "you show me a plan and I'll donate" can be likened to "I don't like what you are doing so I am not going to donate" and other variations.

The point is, that type statement is like holding the university hostage and giving them an ultimatum . say that does work for the singular instance of getting a Master Plan out there. The precedent has been set . now what if there are others that now will say "that's not what I want to see so I'm not going to give".

I guess my point is here: I totally agree we need to do something to get everybody on the same page, the same "side of the rope" if you will. I just don't think holding them "hostage" is a good for a long term relationship.

I think we can do better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    I respect what you have to say and everyone is entiltled to do as they please with their money. But my take on the statement "you show me a plan and I'll donate" can be likened to "I don't like what you are doing so I am not going to donate" and other variations.

The point is, that type statement is like holding the university hostage and giving them an ultimatum . say that does work for the singular instance of getting a Master Plan out there. The precedent has been set . now what if there are others that now will say "that's not what I want to see so I'm not going to give".

I guess my point is here: I totally agree we need to do something to get everybody on the same page, the same "side of the rope" if you will. I just don't think holding them "hostage" is a good for a long term relationship.

I think we can do better than that.
    So instead they hold us and our money hostage with lies and empty promises?

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Well. I've read the subject forum threads, at least, for 3 weeks. including your "input". and I see nothing that is positively impacting the status of our athletic situation. I do see where you don't respect fans who give money. You say you are pessimistic about RCAF and anyone "big" ever contributing. The Master Plan requires it. What else are you doing to "unite us"?
    How am I against people who give money? I give money. In fact, there aren't many people I hang around with who give as much as me. So that blows a massive hole in your argument on that one. I am pessimistic about the big boys just unloading the cash once the Master Plan is ready to go. Give me one instance that would show me and the world that the money people of Lafayette are just frothing at the mouth to unload huge donations into the RCAF?

What else am I doing? The same most people are doing around here._____ing and moaning and making idle promises because they are all too chicken ____ to do anything of substance about the problem. Is that what you want to hear? I have given several ideas that are off the beaten path. What's so hard about trying to tap our stagnant alumni pool for donations? There are literally thousands that just graduated. A small percentage of that each year just fills up the coffers, and is way more stable than any large donation from a power hunger money backer who wants things done their way or no way at all. An increase in small donors would actually be a catalyst for big donors to jump on board. And with a large enough base of small donors, we could insure ourselves against any donor deciding we aren't meeting his level of excellence and withdrawing his donation. This is not rocket science. This university employs intelligent people at many levels. This should not be that hard to undertake. If I came to you with a petition that demanded the administration finish and carry out a Master Plan for the advancement of athletics.would you sign it?

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 . LastLast

Thread Information