Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7

Thread: NO LIKE NEW SBC RULE ( Revenue Sharing )

Default Re: NO LIKE NEW SBC RULE ( Revenue Sharing )

Back on topic:

There's an article at theind.com by Dan McDonald that briefly explained how the revenue sharing vote went down. Basically it was every other school vs. Scott Farmer:

This year, with the new regulations requiring the revenue split with the conference, Farmer says UL's total income will obviously be smaller. He was the only league athletic director to vehemently oppose the new regulations.
    "The schools that had never been to bowls were all in favor of it," he says. "The schools that had been to bowl games, they all had new athletic directors who didn't know what was going on. I was a one-man fight."

http://www.theind.com/news/sports/12.-to-go-bowling

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    Back on topic:

There's an article at theind.com by Dan McDonald that briefly explained how the revenue sharing vote went down. Basically it was every other school vs. Scott Farmer:

This year, with the new regulations requiring the revenue split with the conference, Farmer says UL's total income will obviously be smaller. He was the only league athletic director to vehemently oppose the new regulations.
    "The schools that had never been to bowls were all in favor of it," he says. "The schools that had been to bowl games, they all had new athletic directors who didn't know what was going on. I was a one-man fight."

http://www.theind.com/news/sports/12.-to-go-bowling
    Lights out at Blackdom

Farmer should have walked out stating if this vote is taken we are taking a clue from the home town weekly. The Independent

Default Re: NO LIKE NEW SBC RULE ( Revenue Sharing )

I sure hope he was hollering and screaming about this one. Until now I've never heard an argument that convinces me UL should go Independent. But losing out on almost a million dollars every year is a pretty good reason.

You know in a way the New Orleans Bowl might be our biggest asset when it comes to conference realignment. From what I understand this rule (or one similar to it) is in place in every conference. So inviting a school that can consistently make a lot of money off a bowl game would make great financial sense for a conference like C-USA.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7

Thread Information