Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: NO LIKE NEW SBC RULE ( Revenue Sharing )

Default Re: NO LIKE NEW RULE

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    Tech can claim both markets because they are covered in both markets. They didn't use manipulation or "fancy talkin'" to prove it. They claim both because they CAN claim both.

You mind showing me where the UL articles and videos are on KPLC.com? Don't bother looking. There are none. UL isn't in their media market. Don't bother looking at any of the Baton Rouge stations either. We're not covered there either.

You can make up facts all you want. You are free to think UL is a part of any media market you want to. Lake Charles, Baton Rouge, hey why not throw Houston in for good measure.

But C-USA and the people who bid for their TV contracts don't make things up like you do. And it's their opinion that counts, not yours.

In the end it doesn't really matter. Media market didn't get Tech in. Their Budget did.
    In the end media market won't get us in either. Our budget will.
    Neilsen has Tech in the Monroe market.J1M is not making up facts and you are increasinly full of s---I have been in contact with people involved in these matters outside of our fanbase and University. These are people who absolutely know what is going on.Tech promised the moon buddy.and got in. More power to them and if you want to continue to make excuses for the poor job that was done by the powers that be then be my guest.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Of the recent teams admitted to CUSA, those schools have the following budgets:

N. Texas - $20.4M
    UTSA - $20.2 M
    LA Tech - $17M
    Charlotte - $14.3M

USM - $19.7M

UL - $15.3M + this year's bowl revenue

UL is ahead of Charlotte and not far from Tech. I don't think the budgets of those schools got them in. It was market, regardless of budget. Tech had neither budget nor market, but still got in based on financial promises. UL's budget will increase with a new stadium, suites, and new conference revenue if we get in. We can easily do like Tech and promise to be at $20M within 3 years. We will have facility upgrades and the financial backing to get there. It is my understanding that message is being sold to CUSA officials while in New Orleans this week. Combine that with our fans and performance at the bowl game, and UL is in prime shape for an invite when the next opening arises, which will likely be in the very near future.
    I hope you're right. I really do.

I believe we're at or near the top of the list of the Sun Belt's old members. But it scares me to know that schools like Texas St., USA, and GA State are sitting there with us with much bigger budgets and much bigger media markets. Hopefully C-USA will get tired of taking FCS members.

Tech can claim both markets because they are covered in both markets. They didn't use manipulation or "fancy talkin'" to prove it. They claim both because they CAN claim both.

You mind showing me where the UL articles and videos are on KPLC.com? Don't bother looking. There are none. UL isn't in their media market. Don't bother looking at any of the Baton Rouge stations either. We're not covered there either.

You can make up facts all you want. You are free to think UL is a part of any media market you want to. Lake Charles, Baton Rouge, hey why not throw Houston in for good measure.

But C-USA and the people who bid for their TV contracts don't make things up like you do. And it's their opinion that counts, not yours.

In the end it doesn't really matter. Media market didn't get Tech in. Their Budget did.
    In the end media market won't get us in either. Our budget will.
    You are so full of ____. The fact that you can't currently find a UL story on their website is meaningless. Kplc has run stories on UL sports frequently. In fact, it causes heartburn or the brokeback boys when it occurs. But since Lake Charles web pages are so important to you here is a Lake Charles radio station web page with a story about UL in the New Orleans Bowl.

http://cajunradio.com/

You may also want to check out the UL media guides and the outlets listed under "local media". Here is the basketball media guide.

http://www.ragincajuns.com/custompag.am%20Guide.pdf

Link to national tv markets.

http://dishuser.org/TVMarkets/

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    You are so full of ____. The fact that you can't currently find a UL story on their website is meaningless. Kplc has run stories on UL sports frequently. In fact, it causes heartburn or the brokeback boys when it occurs. But since Lake Charles web pages are so important to you here is a Lake Charles radio station web page with a story about UL in the New Orleans Bowl.

You may also want to check out the UL media guides and the outlets listed under "local media". Here is the basketball media guide.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post

So the only thing you could find from Lake Charles was one single blog entry from an obscure AM radio station? I'm sure there are plenty of stories about the Cajuns this week in New Orleans and Eastern Carolina. Do you want to add those markets to your imaginary list too?

Look dude, I'm not the one who makes the rules about this stuff. I'm only trying to tell you what the rules are. Because of the situation Tech can claim two markets. UL can't. It's really really stupid but that's the way it is in the eyes of everyone that matters. Believe me if you want. Or if you want to beleive in your fantasyland go for it. It's all good.

Default Re: NO LIKE NEW SBC RULE ( Revenue Sharing )

Actually, they can't.

http://dishuser.org/TVMarkets/

So the only thing you could find from Lake Charles was one single blog entry from an obscure AM radio station? I'm sure there are plenty of stories about the Cajuns this week in New Orleans and Eastern Carolina. Do you want to add those markets to your imaginary list too?

Look dude, I'm not the one who makes the rules about this stuff. I'm only trying to tell you what the rules are. Because of the situation Tech can claim two markets. UL can't. It's really really stupid but that's the way it is in the eyes of everyone that matters. Believe me if you want. Or if you want to beleive in your fantasyland go for it. It's all good.

Again, I'm still caught up on the fact that we can sell the entire allotment of tickets and still possibly lose money. Is it just the fact that this bowl has one of the lower payouts?

No you don't make the rules, you just make stuff up. And you ignore facts. Just because there are no UL trickles on kplc's we page this moment oes not negate the fact at hey have covered UL. Are you going to deny that kplc reaches Lafayette and at kact and klfy serve Lake Charles? Using your logic concerning Tech and the Shreveport and Monroe markets we can make the same claim for UL and Lake Charles.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Again, I'm still caught up on the fact that we can sell the entire allotment of tickets and still possibly lose money. Is it just the fact that this bowl has one of the lower payouts?
    No, outside of a BCS bowl teams other bowl teams rarely make money on bowls.

I just find it horse farm and million dollar grab ridiculous that the UL powers that be, when finding themselves the "one" profitable bowl team in the country, would agree to give it away.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    No, outside of a BCS bowl teams other bowl teams rarely make money on bowls.

I just find it horse farm and million dollar grab ridiculous that the UL powers that be, when finding themselves the "one" profitable bowl team in the country, would agree to give it away.
    I don't think we "gave away" our bowl profit. I think we were outvoted by other league members. You might say our bowl profit was "stolen".

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I don't think we "gave away" our bowl profit. I think we were outvoted by other league members. You might say our bowl profit was "stolen".
    UL is in a position where they could have shut down the vote with the threat of going independent.

Just like MTSU could have shut down the $10m vote with the threat of CUSA.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    From The Independent by Dan McDonald

This year, with the new regulations requiring the revenue split with the conference, Farmer says UL's total income will obviously be smaller. He was the only league athletic director to vehemently oppose the new regulations.
    "The schools that had never been to bowls were all in favor of it," he says. "The schools that had been to bowl games, they all had new athletic directors who didn't know what was going on. I was a one-man fight."
    Farmer says the regulations are in place just for this year, and the process will be revisited by the league's AD's this spring.

http://www.theind.com/news/sports/12.-to-go-bowling

13. Default Re: NO LIKE NEW SBC RULE ( Revenue Sharing )

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    From The Independent by Dan McDonald

This year, with the new regulations requiring the revenue split with the conference, Farmer says UL's total income will obviously be smaller. He was the only league athletic director to vehemently oppose the new regulations.
    "The schools that had never been to bowls were all in favor of it," he says. "The schools that had been to bowl games, they all had new athletic directors who didn't know what was going on. I was a one-man fight."
    Farmer says the regulations are in place just for this year, and the process will be revisited by the league's AD's this spring.

http://www.theind.com/news/sports/12.-to-go-bowling
    If the SBC can act that fast one getting UL's bowl money . . . why couldn't they act that fast to require a huge exit fee from MTSU and FAU?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    UL is in a position where they could have shut down the vote with the threat of going independent.

Just like MTSU could have shut down the $10m vote with the threat of CUSA.

I'm almost to the point to where I'm hoping we get passed over by other leagues and they kill the SBC in the process. It would force us to go Indy and inadvertently reap the rewards of that move, like securing our own Bowl agreement with the NOLA Bowl much like BYU has now with the Poinsettia, and not having to share revenues.

15. Default Re: NO LIKE NEW SBC RULE ( Revenue Sharing )

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post

I'm almost to the point to where I'm hoping we get passed over by other leagues and they kill the SBC in the process. It would force us to go Indy and inadvertently reap the rewards of that move, like securing our own Bowl agreement with the NOLA Bowl much like BYU has now with the Poinsettia, and not having to share revenues.
    The New Orleans Bowl would jump onboard in a split second at the chance of that option.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information