Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hilltopers Choice is Criticized

Default Hilltopers Choice is Criticized

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/12/14/op.html?c=&page=0

"I also would not trust Bobby Petrino to take my car in for a tire change. I would not trust Bobby Petrino to deposit my Aunt Ruth's Social Security check. I wouldn't trust him to clean my bowling ball, shop for a Christmas ham, change a twenty for two tens, tell me the time or recite the proper lyrics to Blind Melon's 'No Rain.'"

2. UL Football Re: Hilltopers Choice is Criticized

Bobby Petrino is a pretty low guy, but he brings WKU two assets. He wins often, and he has never been crossways with the NCAA.

UL will have to up their game a good bit to beat the likes of WKU, and ASU again this coming season. And for that matter unless their quarter back is injured we got a pretty salty ULM, who will be at Cajun Field at least. We get ASU and WKU on the road.

Default Re: Hilltopers Choice is Criticized

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Bobby Petrino is a pretty low guy, but he brings WKU to assets. He wins often, and he has never been crossways with the NCAA.

UL will have to up their game a good bit to beat the likes of WKU, and ASU again this coming season. And for that matter unless their quarter back is injured we got a pretty salty ULM, who will be at Cajun Field at least. We get ASU and WKU on the road.
    I believe ASU is the only conference team Hud is yet to beat. However, 3rd year for Hud is the charm. 10 wins, conference championship, and a more significant bowl game for LOUISIANA.

Aside from a BCS bowl, the New Orleans Bowl is the best fit for us. Fans will travel and we will get great exposure.

5. Default Re: Hilltopers Choice is Criticized

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    I believe ASU is the only conference team Hud is yet to beat. However, 3rd year for Hud is the charm. 10 wins, conference championship, and a more significant bowl game for LOUISIANA.
    ----Next year barring injuries and ____ happening---QB better---RB better----TE better----WR Not better----C better---guards better----t not better-------D line better----LBs better----DBs better---kickers not better!!!!1

6. Default Re: Hilltopers Choice is Criticized

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ----Next year barring injuries and ____ happening---QB better---RB better----TE better----WR Not better----C better---guards better----t not better-------D line better----LBs better----DBs better---kickers not better!!!!1
    Boomer we might be as good at kicking, we getting two to do what one man does now. A great punter, and I hear a great kicker is thinking over an offer.

Oiler's Avatar Oiler is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Petrino was a pretty low class hire on WKU's part if you ask me. I wouldn't want him around here.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Bobby Petrino is a pretty low guy, but he brings WKU two assets. He wins often, and he has never been crossways with the NCAA.

Nothing he stated in the article was untrue about Patreno. Of course like many, he seems to forget about the many NCAA violations that schools like USC, Miami and others have committed. Too many journalist ignore the daily on-goings in BCS football programs like paying players for autos and living expenses under the table. Does anyone actually believe any college football athlete can survive on what is provided by a scholarship at any major institution with one or two children to support? Richardson had 3 children while playing at Alabama, has anyone asked how he survived and supported them while playing college football? Does the author of this article really care about ethics in college football or just about those that were caught?

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Bro, I understand your position, but if a "more significant" bowl means less fans travel and less money made??.then, no.

Z

If we win the Belt next season, we will be obligated to the NO Bowl. They have to take the Champ next season and I think we SHOULD play in that bowl if we are champs after they selected us for 2 years when we are not the champs.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    If we win the Belt next season, we will be obligated to the NO Bowl. They have to take the Champ next season and I think we SHOULD play in that bowl if we are champs after they selected us for 2 years when we are not the champs.
    Karl benson said something a while back in an interview that the taking the champion 2 out of 4 will be "discussed" I'm sure he will try to get it where as long as the champion is taken care of New Orleans can take who they want, I don't think the no bowl will have a problem with that. After all, everybody is in it for the money. That rule was made earlier on when we didn't have any other tie ins I believe

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Boomer we are losing are top two corners
    How will be better there

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#winnin View Post
    Boomer we are losing are top two corners
    How will be better there
    Not to mention our best SafetyUnless he's somehow able to be granted that final year

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Not to mention our best SafetyUnless he's somehow able to be granted that final year
    Yeah I have a feeling Rodney will be back next year, that's why I didn't mention him

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Nothing he stated in the article was untrue about Patreno. Of course like many, he seems to forget about the many NCAA violations that schools like USC, Miami and others have committed. Too many journalist ignore the daily on-goings in BCS football programs like paying players for autos and living expenses under the table. Does anyone actually believe any college football athlete can survive on what is provided by a scholarship at any major institution with one or two children to support? Richardson had 3 children while playing at Alabama, has anyone asked how he survived and supported them while playing college football? Does the author of this article really care about ethics in college football or just about those that were caught?
    Haha. You could not be more right. everyone bags on Petrino because he has no personal morals. Well what about all of these coaches who turn a blind eye to rampant violations within their programs? IMHO Petrino is no better or worse than most college coaches. He just got exposed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information