Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: ESPN with another breakdown. WOAH

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: ESPN with another breakdown. WOAH

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDawg View Post
    Prolly true... y'all & Have a blast in New Orleans. If anyone is looking for a great restaurant outside the craziness, you can't go wrong w/ Dick & *'s off Tchoupitoulas near Tipitina's (uptown).
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan337 View Post
    Louisiana-Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns versus East Carolina Pirates
    R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl (Dec. 22)
    ULL is favored by 5.5 points

College teams face significantly disparate schedules, yet nearly half of them reach the postseason on the basis of win-loss records alone. There are therefore a few bowl entrants each year that stand out as really below-average FBS teams. East Carolina is one of this year's weakest. The Pirates -- who rank an abysmal 114th in Brian Fremeau's FEI ratings -- have played only four fellow bowl squads this season, beating none while getting outgained by a whopping 160 yards per game, easily the worst mark among this year's postseason contestants.

The rest of East Carolina's FBS schedule reads like a who's who of Conference USA doormats, seven wins over teams that scraped together a combined 22 victories. When allowing 59 points and 633 yards at home in an overtime escape against a 5-7 Marshall team qualifies as your best performance, it's time to get philosophical about "earning" a bowl berth while the likes of Tennessee, Utah and Missouri sit at home.

East Carolina does have some offensive firepower, principally in the form of 1,000-yard receiver Justin Hardy, who amazingly has 69 more grabs than the second-leading yardage-gainer. The Pirates also sport a 1,000-yard rusher in Vintavious Cooper, but coordinator Lincoln Riley is an Air Raid disciple straight from Mike Leach's high plains school of offense, which means that as Hardy goes, so goes the offensive production.

A Ragin' Cajuns offense with the nation's third-best red zone touchdown rate is even more productive. The powerful running game is peaking late in the year behind the Sun Belt's best offensive line and the passing game features a trio of big-play receivers and a quarterback who ranks in the nation's top 25 in passer rating. This bunch is both efficient and explosive and will have its way with an East Carolina defense that allowed the likes of Southern Miss and Tulane to turn in above-average performances.

Louisiana's defense is by no means a shutdown unit, but this group has held half its foes under 75 rushing yards and fields a serviceable pass rush, a half dozen all-conference selections and a heart-and-soul leader at middle linebacker. The defense also has what it probably needs most in this particular matchup: a pair of decorated senior cornerbacks who can keep Hardy from going ballistic. Throw in an utter mismatch in the kicking game and a rowdy partisan crowd and you've got an easy decision.

The pick: Louisiana-Lafayette 52, East Carolina 28
    Link?

It's an INsider article on ESPN so you gots ta pay ta play

I'm confident Hud and Whitt will get the player's mind right. It's time to party

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan337 View Post
    Louisiana-Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns versus East Carolina Pirates
    R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl (Dec. 22)
    ULL is favored by 5.5 points

Throw in an utter mismatch in the kicking game and a rowdy partisan crowd and you've got an easy decision.

The pick: Louisiana-Lafayette 52, East Carolina 28
    Ouch. This one hurt. But it is sort of hard to argue with the logic. Kind of reminds me of the Hawaii Bowl when ESPN picked Boise State over us with 98% certainty. We're now 1-0 over Boise, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleK View Post
    Ouch. This one hurt. But it is sort of hard to argue with the logic. Kind of reminds me of the Hawaii Bowl when ESPN picked Boise State over us with 98% certainty. We're now 1-0 over Boise, btw.
    I think the article ignores the fact that ECU has been playing better of late, something touched on in press conferences.

Personally, I ain't buying it. I think it will be close game and I am hopeful the Cajuns can come out on top. I also hope our players are not reading this stuff... I can't wait to get to the Big Easy tommorrow afternoon!

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleK View Post

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by ATXCajun View Post
    I think the article ignores the fact that ECU has been playing better of late, something touched on in press conferences.
    So are we.

Its not a dream, its not a fallacy, its not make believe. The Sunbelt was head and shoulders above CUSA this year.

HUD will have the boys minds right. We have more talent.

We should be favored

Z

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    So are we.

We should be favored

Z
    Cajuns -4.5
    O/U 65

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Cajun View Post
    Cajuns -4.5
    O/U 65
    yep

Over 65 though.

Z

UL Football Re: ESPN with another breakdown. WOAH

"Want some, get some".

Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyDowdy View Post
    "Want some, get some".
    Dude, say what you want about those helmets being cartoonish or whatever, but I think that logo is bad _____

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyDowdy View Post
    "Want some, get some".
    Looks like your pirate is dead...nothing very scary about a dead pirate. Nothing scary about large men running around in purple spandex.

Show your gay pride & wear purple!!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information