BYU 23, San Diego State 6
    Beef 'O' Brady's 21,759
    UCF 38, Ball State 17
    R+L Carriers New Orleans 48,828
    UL Lafayette 43, East Carolina 34
    MAACO Bowl Las Vegas
    Boise State vs. Washington 33,217

No one close to us so far.
    Anyone have numbers from last year's bowls?

Default Re: Bowl Attendance

Our 49k would be more than the total 'actual' attendance for all of Tulane's home games this year. UCF with their 59000 students played in a bowl closer to their campus than UL and had only 21,759???? less than half of UL's attendance. San Diego State played in San Diego against a regional opponent in BYU and still fell 13+k short of the New Orleans Bowl totals. Boise/Washington 15k short of UL.

Maybe if noone showed up for UL games our chances for getting into better conference would improve.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Cannot let this N O Bowl victory go to waste

Last year instead of making hay after our N O bowl victory we sat in our asses and patted ourselves on the back about how great we were. Consequently, when the first round of alignment changes came, we were stunned. (Duh!!!). Second round came a month or so ago, more people stunned! Really? This is it. Our last shot. Make it count. The last two years were no fluke! Make it count or there may not be a third year Z

5. UL Football Re: Cannot let this N O Bowl victory go to waste

Tell you what? I am not going to ruin my victory with worry, and rightful anger until the day after Christmas. Right now I am in the glow of an amazing football saga, a great upset win by the women, and really an upset win by Marlins boys.

This bowl had every good thing I could have asked for, wins, dominating crowds, and that ain't bad.

Default Re: Cannot let this N O Bowl victory go to waste

Agree that our admin needs to strike while the iron is hot. This is the big test for them.

On the other hand how can any conference look at that crowd and make a decision asked on membership based on phony " market size"? News flash for CUSA, Big East and all others, despite what Toolame has been telling you that is what over 48,000 actual fans in the stands looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    Agree that our admin needs to strike while the iron is hot. This is the big test for them.

On the other hand how can any conference look at that crowd and make a decision asked on membership based on phony " market size"? News flash for CUSA, Big East and all others, despite what Toolame has been telling you that is what over 48,000 actual fans in the stands looks like.
    K so lets get 48,000 for a home game and see what happens

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncorkdork View Post
    True, we need to keep growing our home attendance. But even then our mid to upper 20,000 fans in the stands at home is more authentic than Toolame's bogus phantom fans in the stands. Are conferences really so stupid to think that a program that gets around 1000 (or less) actual fans in the stands is drawing hundreds of thousand TV viewers?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    Last year instead of making hay after our N O bowl victory we sat in our asses and patted ourselves on the back about how great we were. Consequently, when the first round of alignment changes came, we were stunned. (Duh!!!). Second round came a month or so ago, more people stunned! Really? This is it. Our last shot. Make it count. The last two years were no fluke! Make it count or there may not be a third year Z
    We can not become complacent we still need to get the RCAF membership to 2000 members and our season ticket number to 15000.

10. UL Football Re: Cannot let this N O Bowl victory go to waste

Farmer said we are currently at 2K RCAF, I do not know if he was puffing the numbers but he said it yesterday, or at the pep rally in the Marriott. Can't exactly recall when.

I can't agree with you more Z. At least the fans on the CUSA board are taking notice. Even a complement from a Tulane fan!

http://csnbbs.com/showthread.php?tid=609134

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Gentlemen this is not a bash thread! No one is more pumped than I am. If my post can remind even one person here about opportunities wasted after last year so that we may avoid the same mistake this year That's all I want.

Z

Default Replay of N. O. Bowl 10:00 A.M. ESPNU

Replay of the N.O. Bowl at 10:00 A.M. Central Time today (12/23).

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncorkdork View Post
    What?

Default Re: Replay of N. O. Bowl 10:00 A.M. ESPNU

And on Cox 4

Page 1 of 49 1 2 3 4 11 . LastLast

Thread Information