Page 44 of 49 FirstFirst . 34 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 . LastLast

Thread: 2012 New Orleans Bowl

Default Re: 5,080 fans more than the New Orleans Bowl

Downtown NOLA was super lame three hours before kickoff. Pathetic showing by Gator fans.

guess Louisville was beneath them.right up until the kickoff

3. UL Football Re: 5,080 fans more than the New Orleans Bowl

Lowest Sugar Bowl attendance since 1939, that the friggin depression folks.

UL vs. USM would have sold out the dome. We need to make that game an annual event!

Default Re: Bowl Attendance

1. ROSE BOWL GAME PRESENTED BY VIZIO_93,359
    2. DISCOVER ORANGE BOWL_72,073
    3. TOSTITOS FIESTA BOWL_70,242
    4. Chick-fil-A BOWL_68,027
    5. VALERO ALAMO BOWL¬_65,277
    6. CAPITAL ONE BOWL_59,712
    7. FRANKLIN AMERICAN MORTGAGE MUSIC CITY BOWL_55,801
    8. BRIDGEPOINT EDUCATION HOLIDAY BOWL_55,507
    9. OUTBACK BOWL_ 54,527
    10. ALLSTATE SUGAR BOWL_54,178
    11. AutoZone LIBERTY BOWL_ 53,687
    12. MEINEKE CAR CARE BOWL OF TEXAS_50,386
    13. R+L CARRIERS NEW ORLEANS BOWL_48,828
    14. TAXSLAYER.com GATOR BOWL_48,612
    15. HEART OF DALLAS BOWL_48,313
    16. BELK BOWL_48,128
    17. RUSSELL ATHLETIC BOWL_48,127
    18. HYUNDAI SUN BOWL_ 47,922
    19. BUFFALO WILD WINGS BOWL_44,617
    20. AdvoCare V100 INDEPENDENCE BOWL_41,853
    21. BELL HELICOPTER ARMED FORCES BOWL_40,754
    22. NEW ERA PINSTRIPE BOWL_39,098
    23. SAN DIEGO COUNTY CREDIT UNION POINSETTIA BOWL_35,442
    24. KRAFT FIGHT HUNGER BOWL_34,172
    25. MAACO BOWL LAS VEGAS_33,217
    26. SHERATON HAWAII BOWL_30,024
    27. FAMOUS IDAHO POTATO BOWL_29,243
    28. GILDAN NEW MEXICO BOWL_24,610
    29. LITTLE CAESARS BOWL_23,310
    30. BEEF 'O' BRADY'S BOWL ST. PETERSBURG_21,759
    31. MILITARY BOWL - PRESENTED BY NORTHROP GRUMMAN_17,835

From those pictures I believe we had more butts in the seats than the Sugar Bowl. They may have sold more tickets (corporate sponsors, etc.) than the N.O. Bowl but we had more people actually attend the game.

7. Default Re: 5,080 fans more than the New Orleans Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by Bankruptcyman View Post
    From those pictures I believe we had more butts in the seats than the Sugar Bowl. They may have sold more tickets (corporate sponsors, etc.) than the N.O. Bowl but we had more people actually attend the game.
    ----Well Bank--think it is time we run with this----Let's see what you think of my Loyola Law School brief stay's spin to this-----We had 3 times as many people at the Bowl than Florida in the same venue----We had twice as many people at our Bowl than Louisville in the same house-----WE had more people in one game than Tulane had the whole year in the Dome----We play before more New Orleans people than Tulane does every year----We need to show the photos and remind the kids about what running out in the Dome/Cajun Field means if you play for the Cajuns-----Oh same story for Tech and some for S Miss!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ----Well Bank--think it is time we run with this----Let's see what you think of my Loyola Law School brief stay's spin to this-----We had 3 times as many people at the Bowl than Florida in the same venue----We had twice as many people at our Bowl than Louisville in the same house-----WE had more people in one game than Tulane had the whole year in the Dome----We play before more New Orleans people than Tulane does every year----We need to show the photos and remind the kids about what running out in the Dome/Cajun Field means if you play for the Cajuns-----Oh same story for Tech and some for S Miss!!!
    Boomer, I would even venture to say we've had more people in the one game than Tulane has had in the past TWO years combined.

Default Re: Bowl Games

Quote Originally Posted by wgwillis View Post
    The thing I noticed about the bowl games is that we have a much better QB and O-line than many teams. The QBs' for Florida and LSU cost their teams the game because they could not move the ball on offense.
    This is true. Our OLine really stepped up after the stAte game. I wonder how much of their early struggles were a result of Broadway's lack of pocket awareness early on.

It really interesting to see the predicament these bigger programs get in with QB's. They are held hostage by the recuruiting services star rankings and do not take QB's that are less that 6ft 3in. The QB that really returned Texas to national prominence was Major Applewhite. They would NEVER recruit him today.

If you rank the best college QB's in Louisiana I'd have a hard time putting Mettenberger above #4 (Browning, Tech QB, Broadway, and possibly Gauthier?!?) Just becasue you are 6 4 and can throw the ball 60 yards doesn't mean you are a leader that can inspire your teammates to play better. It is the only area in recruiting where the mid majors can really get an edge on the big boys.

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    It really interesting to see the predicament these bigger programs get in with QB's. They are held hostage by the recuruiting services star rankings and do not take QB's that are less that 6ft 3in. The QB that really returned Texas to national prominence was Major Applewhite. They would NEVER recruit him today.
    not necessarily true, i can think of one quarterback recently. Aaron Murray of Georgia. He was listed same height as Applewhite and he was recruited heavily

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#winnin View Post
    not necessarily true, i can think of one quarterback recently. Aaron Murray of Georgia. He was listed same height as Applewhite and he was recruited heavily
    Guys like Drew Brees have major colleges taking a longer look at shorter QBS now. Texas passed on Brees, even though he grew up in Austin. I doubt they pass another one like him.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Guys like Drew Brees have major colleges taking a longer look at shorter QBS now. Texas passed on Brees, even though he grew up in Austin. I doubt they pass another one like him.
    They just did, ever heard of Johnny football, he grew up a die hard long horn fan but apparently he wasn't good enough for Mack brown and the longhorns.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    They just did, ever heard of Johnny football, he grew up a die hard long horn fan but apparently he wasn't good enough for Mack brown and the longhorns.
    At that point the young man probably didn't realize it yet. but he had hit the lottery!!!

Z

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    At that point the young man probably didn't realize it yet. but he had hit the lottery!!!

Z
    Yeah definitely worked out for him

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    texas recruited him as a db
    they also recruited RG3 as a db lol

Page 44 of 49 FirstFirst . 34 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 . LastLast

Thread Information