Page 40 of 49 FirstFirst . 30 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 . LastLast

Thread: 2012 New Orleans Bowl

Default Re: NOLA Bowl exact # of tix sold thru UL

Ok thanks guys. I was wondering this because I heard on the Sugarbowl that UF had only sold 7,000 tickets and Louisville sold 14,500. I'm pretty sure the Nola Bowl is gonna have more in attendance than the Sugarbowl

2. Default Re: NOLA Bowl exact # of tix sold thru UL

Announcers saying the crowd is loud---they have no idea what loud was---WE were deafening compared to this!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Announcers saying the crowd is loud---they have no idea what loud was---WE were deafening compared to this!!!!
    And they have 20k screaming and we had 40k screaming. Hmm somethin don't add up!

douglas's Avatar douglas is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

im sure there is way more than 20k, i know several people who go to the sugar bowl every year from lafayette, im sure there are thousands in attendance who just wanna catch the game.

douglas's Avatar douglas is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

but yeah, we were loud as ____. not raining on a parade or anything, i nearly fell to my happy death over the rafter on that last 4th down!

I'm here and there are more people than the New Orleans bowl. Not by much but still more. Louisville has more by a long shot. Both are loud but Louisville is bringing it. If I had to guess I'd say about 55,000 actual butts in seats

Edit: also, my ears were ringing a few weekends ago.not so much tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Look, I appreciate the support your family and business have given UL over the years. But don't disrespect people that have given or helped raise more money then you personally. He wasn't the one on this board crying about paying for a parking pass, he paid his and for a tailgate area while you complained. Now, who is willing to pay for UL to improve and just who should go enjoy a game in Baton Rouge?
    He's been the one who has been threatening to abandon the program.

I wasn't complaining about having to up my RCAF donation. I was saying the idea could drive away casual fans. And yes I do know of a few specific people who didn't come because they didn't feel like walking that far. Lets just say you can pick your friends but you can't pick your family.

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    Also, Scott does get credit for starting the RCAF. But, it's not like that was earth-shattering. Most D-I programs have similar mechanisms.

But, all the RCAF is in essence is a piggy bank. If I buy you a piggy bank, but I'm not helping it fill up, it doesn't do me any good. So, while he gets credit for giving us the piggy bank. It has to start filling up. You control that buy having a plan and soliciting large donors.
    So you're saying 2.5 million for this past year isn't good enough? Because for a new program at a Sun Belt school I think 2.5 million is a big accomplishment. You don't raise that much money without a plan.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    So you're saying 2.5 million for this past year isn't good enough? Because for a new program at a Sun Belt school I think 2.5 million is a big accomplishment. You don't raise that much money without a plan.
    What is our plan?

And, if your peers are moving up an you're not than no, I guess it's not good enough.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: When do we know how much we made?

I think it's great that Hud caused that money to come into the program. Now, what again are you saying Scott did? He created a plan? Why if he had a plan did we announce that we had to do a study and come up with a plan? I hope we don't have a third iteration. A plan to reveal a plan of the plan that Scott has.

The plan was hang on real tight to Hud's coat tails and watch him raise 2.5 million

He's been the one who has been threatening to abandon the program.

I wasn't complaining about having to up my RCAF donation. I was saying the idea could drive away casual fans. And yes I do know of a few specific people who didn't come because they didn't feel like walking that far. Lets just say you can pick your friends but you can't pick your family.
    He is not casual fan, he is a diehard. He has supported UL probably before your were born. There are a number of people that come to this board that have supported this program 35 or 40 years and they have every right to say enough is enough when UL's leadership doesn't offer them much hope beyond a Sun Belt Conference filled with FCS programs like GSU, APP. State, Sam Houston and others. After many years of sticking with the program from the SLC, Big West, Independent and now the Sun Belt, God forbid they would expect something better from this athletic program then what is coming in the Sun Belt. Everyone has their breaking point, and until they are shown something better is coming down the road. Communication is key and they haven't been forthcoming on much.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Can I loan you a second shovel so you can dig your hole faster?

Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post
    im sure there is way more than 20k, i know several people who go to the sugar bowl every year from lafayette, im sure there are thousands in attendance who just wanna catch the game.
    Right, but no more than 20k should be screaming at once, since both schools only sold 21,500 combined and the rest are casual fans and sponsors

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    He is not casual fan, he is a diehard. He has supported UL probably before your were born. There are a number of people that come to this board that have supported this program 35 or 40 years and they have every right to say enough is enough when UL's leadership doesn't offer them much hope beyond a Sun Belt Conference filled with FCS programs like GSU, APP. State, Sam Houston and others. After many years of sticking with the program from the SLC, Big West, Independent and now the Sun Belt, God forbid they would expect something better from this athletic program then what is coming in the Sun Belt. Everyone has their breaking point, and until they are shown something better is coming down the road. Communication is key and they haven't been forthcoming on much.
    I see Hud doing far more selling future potential of program. Than any in administration. The cricket chirping link was perfect metaphor for Savioe/Farmer initiative of late.

Page 40 of 49 FirstFirst . 30 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 . LastLast

Thread Information