Page 37 of 49 FirstFirst . 27 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 47 . LastLast

Thread: 2012 New Orleans Bowl

Default Re: When do we know how much we made?

Something isn't right about voting on bowl revenue sharing after the teams and location of games has been decided.
    Kind of like placing a bet when you know the other players hand(s). When did that vote take place? Not that it would have made any difference, but wouldn't have made the rest of the conference look like blood sucking parasites if it was earlier in the year. I agree we need to get the heck OUT!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel;481320[B
    ]If you already knew he voted no why did you go so far out of your way to be ambiguous about how he voted by saying things like this:[/B]

"Said he had a vote, didn't say he voted for it. He will have to comment on that."

But now you're telling me you knew he voted no and he did comment on it. All I did was try to clarify the things you evidently didn't want to clarify and you got upset over it.
    Could it be because his credibility is rather shaky at this time? Remember he also told us a few years ago we would be ready for the next round of conference shuffling. Two rounds have taken place and we were caught with our pants down. And his statements at both times did nothing to bolster his credibility with fans.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: When do we know how much we made?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunPride View Post
    Screwed by the belt again. " We gotta get outta this place"
    i'm with you, eric burden!

4. UL Football Re: When do we know how much we made?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    Just to make it clear to all he voted NO.

Unfortunately he was the only NO vote.
    I do not think most of the readers and posters on this board are stupid. It was clear to me what he intended to say. Farmer, UL, had a chance to vote on it, it was not something imposed without our input. I never for one second thought it implied that Farmer was giddily voting yes, this is good, let me cast a vote with the majority.

Why do you feel the need to defend Farmer? His actions and non actions speak far more than his words.

I am always pro UL, not so with employees who have other agendas open and important to them.

Default Re: Bowl Attendance

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    With our great bowl numbers there is another factor to factor in the equation----WE played at 11 AM in the day---Some say that with an evening game that we could have hit the 55K area!!!
    i disagree, not the saturday night before xmas

Is this that complicated a notion to comprehend? How can you tax when there is no money? How can you revenue share when there is no revenue to share? One of the fundamental principles of taxation is the wherewithal to PAY. The only way you can pay taxes is by earning money. Why did the Sunbelt not share bowl revenues before? Because no had ever made any money. You cannot tax, or share revenues.when there is none.

I give credit to the SBC, because at least their bowl revenue sharing deal makes sense. In all the other conferences it's a complete share of everything. You don't have to do a damn thing to get paid. At least in the SBC, only the bowl teams share in the take. Is it ill timed? Yes. Very ill timed. First and foremost what would have happened had the Cajuns not become bowl eligible and everyone lost money on the bowls? Does every bowl team share in the loss? Does every bowl team have to pay in like an ante in poker? This model came about way too early. If more than one team had shown success over a multitude of years at making money going bowling, then this model makes perfect sense. But to pull the trigger this quickly makes me think this conference knew it's last days were coming sooner rather than later, and they needed to do something, anything, to try and keep this conference from sinking.

Think of how this model could revolutionize college football as we know it. Think about how much it would hurt Kansas to not get any share of BCS Bowl revenue due to their ineptitude on the field? Probably not much. Now think about how much of a difference that makes over a long period, say 10 years, of them missing bowl games. Millions upon millions of dollars left on the table. But we all know this makes too much sense for college football.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    i disagree, not the saturday night before xmas
    I think the early game actually helped our numbers. People where able to drive in that morning, watch the game and drive home. Last year, no human being in their right mind could have left New Orleans at midnight or later and tried to make it home. I like the early start, made Bourbon much easier to navigate on Saturday night, shoe shiners not withstanding.

1. ROSE BOWL GAME PRESENTED BY VIZIO_93,359
    2. DISCOVER ORANGE BOWL_72,073
    3. Chick-fil-A BOWL_68,027
    4. VALERO ALAMO BOWL_65,277
    5. CAPITAL ONE BOWL_59,712
    6. FRANKLIN AMERICAN MORTGAGE MUSIC CITY BOWL_55,801
    7. BRIDGEPOINT EDUCATION HOLIDAY BOWL_55,507
    8. OUTBACK BOWL_ 54,527
    9. AutoZone LIBERTY BOWL_ 53,687
    10. MEINEKE CAR CARE BOWL OF TEXAS_50,386
    11. R+L CARRIERS NEW ORLEANS BOWL_48,828
    12. TAXSLAYER.com GATOR BOWL_48,612
    13. HEART OF DALLAS BOWL_48,313
    14. BELK BOWL_48,128
    15. RUSSELL ATHLETIC BOWL_48,127
    16. HYUNDAI SUN BOWL_ 47,922
    17. BUFFALO WILD WINGS BOWL_44,617
    18. AdvoCare V100 INDEPENDENCE BOWL_41,853
    19. BELL HELICOPTER ARMED FORCES BOWL_40,754
    20. NEW ERA PINSTRIPE BOWL_39,098
    21. SAN DIEGO COUNTY CREDIT UNION POINSETTIA BOWL_35,442
    22. KRAFT FIGHT HUNGER BOWL_34,172
    23. MAACO BOWL LAS VEGAS_33,217
    24. SHERATON HAWAII BOWL_30,024
    25. FAMOUS IDAHO POTATO BOWL_29,243
    26. GILDAN NEW MEXICO BOWL_24,610
    27. LITTLE CAESARS BOWL_23,310
    28. BEEF 'O' BRADY'S BOWL ST. PETERSBURG_21,759
    29. MILITARY BOWL - PRESENTED BY NORTHROP GRUMMAN_17,835

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    Just to make it clear to all he voted NO.

Unfortunately he was the only NO vote.
    Have you ever heard of a politician that did nothing for his district, but comes home waving his voting record? "Just for the record. I voted "NO"". Yes. but what else did you do? Farmer helped create the platform for this buyout vote. He was an outspoken advocate for the future of UL in the SBC. Just like this bowl revenue sharing change. announced precisely AFTER we sell a record number of tickets (all Cajun money). Scott's support of the SBC led to that. He and T-Joe have created this "fence around the SBC" by their support of the SBC. While the healthiest members of the SBC were out courting membership in other conferences (and probably telling Scott and T-Joe how committed they also were to the SBC) UL was telling all of their local advisors - who tell them the same BS right back - that the SBC would just hunker down and wait until the conference realignment was over. We're outsmarting everyone else.

I'm not very impressed to hear of fence building when half the healthiest livestock already exited the property.

Ok. that's yesterday's news. What T-Joe and Scott have left to do. unless they want to see hyper erosion like UL has never experienced. is to go bold with athletics. Cajun Field first and right away. and as they meet with and speak with the best regional programs for future partnership. they build an undeniable resume and an even more ambitious proclamation of investment in our program. They need to treat private support as a vehicle that occurs well after the launch. not as a condition of the launch.

J1M, that is absolutely correct in every possible way.

11. Default Re: Bowl Attendance

Well we got 6 more bowls to go and a chance to outdraw the Go Daddy (K State and ASU) and maybe the compass Bowl (O Miss and Pitt)----ergo # 15 out of 35 Bowls----So definitely in the top third of all bowls and for sure #s of Butts in the seats!!! Also with the overwhelming # of Cajun fans in the mix (45K plus) it is a huge rallying cry for our program----Now we need to get the # of tickets sold by the schools and start SELLING this to recruits, politicians, fans, and CONFERENCES!!! Big Silly is there a way to get the tickets sold by school or the butts in seats stats????

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    I think the early game actually helped our numbers. People where able to drive in that morning, watch the game and drive home. Last year, no human being in their right mind could have left New Orleans at midnight or later and tried to make it home. I like the early start, made Bourbon much easier to navigate on Saturday night, shoe shiners not withstanding.
    Or the lesbians on Meth!!

Z

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    Or the lesbians on Meth!!

Z
    Can't forget them.

Hopefully we still clear some profit from this. What we produced in New Orleans rivals anybody anywhere in the country. I don't give a damn how close we are to New Orleans. Alot of teams are close to there bowl games and don't produce like us.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I do not think most of the readers and posters on this board are stupid. It was clear to me what he intended to say. Farmer, UL, had a chance to vote on it, it was not something imposed without our input. I never for one second thought it implied that Farmer was giddily voting yes, this is good, let me cast a vote with the majority.

Why do you feel the need to defend Farmer? His actions and non actions speak far more than his words.

I am always pro UL, not so with employees who have other agendas open and important to them.
    I wasn't defending Farmer in this thread. I was just trying to make it clear he voted against the bowl revenue sharing deal because in this and other threads people were under the impression he voted for it.

As far as other threads are concerned I feel Farmer tends to get slammed for things he doesn't deserve to get slammed for. For example he gets blamed for not doing enough to raise our budget but since he's been here the budget has gone from about about 12 million dollars to 15 million dollars and he's taken some great steps to increase it further. He also gets most of the blame on here for us not us not getting into C-USA. There is a false narrative people like to bring up that Farmer is perfectly content with the SBC and did nothing to lobby C-USA. Some believe the only reason we didn't get into C-USA is because Farmer didn't beg them enough. Of course the reason we didn't get in is because we didn't have the budget or media market that C-USA desires it's members to have. That's why UTSA, a Southland school with a 2 year old football program was chosen before any Sun Belt schools were. Plus there is literally zero evidence Farmer "did nothing" and plenty of evidence to the contrary.

If you want to criticize him for a lack of communication with fans, especially during a tumultuous time when fans need to hear something from their "leader," I think that's a more than valid criticism. If you want to criticize him for giving Marlin an extension and pay raise I completely understand. But some of the things he gets criticized for are ridiculous.

Page 37 of 49 FirstFirst . 27 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 47 . LastLast

Thread Information