Page 34 of 49 FirstFirst . 24 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 44 . LastLast

Thread: 2012 New Orleans Bowl

1. Default Re: When do we know how much we made?

I think we only share with the bowl schools

Default Re: When do we know how much we made?

I am fairly sure that the SBC exit fee failed to pass after Middle left. We need to make certain it does not pass unless it applies only to new members. We have served our time in this conference and it is time to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    What is so galling is the fact this is NEW!

Last year we kept our earnings just like every team before us. It seems the members decided it was good to share when we netted toouch while other bowl participants suffered the expenses.

I read the article, and no mention of expenses were made, only levels of revenue obtained. Our school had to make sure it could stay in the black.

Obama reference makes perfect sense when you are taxed for new success while none achievers lean on us!
    Our AD voted on this change.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Shaking My Head

screw em you have to request permission to post It isnt worth it We just need to keep handing people their asses and watch em _____ about it

Z

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    So since that's the way our tax system has historically been structured, it could also be called the "Wubya Tax" or the "Bubba Tax" or the "Ronnie Tax".

Sorry guys, but there are no two ways around this. If y'all are looking for an exercise in free market capitalism, the last place to look is the NCAA.

If you would condemn a bottom feeder in the SBC for accepting revenue distribution (which I do because I think letting bowl teams keep their earnings would be a good inducement for teams to stay), then you have to condemn a bottom feeder in a bigger conference.
    Monkee, there's a big difference in the implementation of revenue sharing within the top conferences and the SBC. The SEC has the ability to dominate the nation, as a conference, by sharing bowl revenue. They are all financially healthy. The bowl revenue sharing doesn't diminish their programs to the point that no single team can compete. In the SBC, revenue sharing is a misapplication. That revenue, when spread, doesn't amount to a hill of beans.

I know that you aren't arguing this fact. You're attempting to defend Obama and liberal taxation. If someone on here makes the mistake of a poor analogy, you feel compelled to defend. The issue with your argument is that when you are in a down economy (SBC), you don't implement "wealth redistribution". The SEC could have Obama as their commissioner and even he couldn't dick up the SEC.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post

For the life of me I can't understand why Farmer would do this.That's the fiscal equivalent of choosing to go stand in an fire ant hill barefoot with honey pured on your feet and not expect to get bitten to holy hell. Makes absolutely no sense to voluntarily choose to make less money for your university. History proved no one else but UL had any large scale attendance capability at any bowl game. Idiot short sided thinking on an immensely expensive scale to UL.

PP #2

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Did he vote for it or against it?

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I messaged RowdyDowdy (cool Pirate fan) to have him chime in. I think that other fan overstated our dominance over ECU, so I can't imagine Pirate fans won't want to clear up both the incorrect assumptions of our academic standards and his overstated dominance of our football program.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    screw em you have to request permission to post It isnt worth it We just need to keep handing people their asses and watch em _____ about it

Z
    Amen.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post

Z
    You just can't make up your mind if your the Hostess with the Mostess. or if you Gangsta.

11. Default Re: New Orleans Bowl T-Shirts in Covington!

Quote Originally Posted by 82Cajun View Post
    Also, Bed, Bath and Beyond has 5 different types of tumblers, glasses and mugs with UL and Ragin Cajuns logos. Walmart also has the New Orleans Bowl t-shirts.
    Which store did you see the t-shirts in?
    The Bed Bath and Beyond in Metairie? Because I looked online & BB&B isn't selling any UL stuff on there.

Default Re: New Orleans Bowl T-Shirts in Covington!

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin in NOLA View Post
    The Bed Bath and Beyond in Metairie? Because I looked online & BB&B isn't selling any UL stuff on there.
    He probably meant the one in Mandeville but you might give the Bed Bath and Beyond in Metairie a shot. They should get the same stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAWFISH61 View Post
    Did he vote for it or against it?
    He(Farmer) claims he voted against it. The lone voice of dissent.

Default Re: Which bowl game would you like to see us in?

I flew to Arizona from Baltimore Jan. 08 with my son for the Fiesta Bowl, WVA vs. Okla. Great place to visit, partied hard with the WVA folks. Would go back to see UL Ragin Cajuns play there. Wish we had a bowl game here in Baltimore, would love to see 76,000 plus watching UL against whoever

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    For the life of me I can't understand why Farmer would do this.That's the fiscal equivalent of choosing to go stand in an fire ant hill barefoot with honey pured on your feet and not expect to get bitten to holy hell. Makes absolutely no sense to voluntarily choose to make less money for your university. History proved no one else but UL had any large scale attendance capability at any bowl game. Idiot short sided thinking on an immensely expensive scale to UL.

PP #2
    Said he had a vote, didn't say he voted for it. He will have to comment on that.

Page 34 of 49 FirstFirst . 24 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 44 . LastLast

Thread Information