Page 17 of 49 FirstFirst . 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 27 . LastLast

Thread: 2012 New Orleans Bowl

Gadoushe!

Quote Originally Posted by garmen View Post
    Wait a minute Where did this Big 12 bs start? Lets look at history. We have beat 2 Big 12 teams (t a&m and k-state) that I recall. And both were in down years. We have never beat an sec, big 10, acc, PAC 12 school, again, that I recall. We play two money games a year and have a DOA record vs. the big boys The question keeps getting asked ,"what do we have to do to get noticed?" We'll, lets start by beating Arkansas and k-state next year. Start doing it regularly and we will get noticed just like Boise did. Else, we are where we are Would be much better to take the money games, win them, say "thank you very much for the check, move onto the next big boy victim and repeat. Then we get noticed and asked to join the party

Nobody said anything about hopping over other conferences.
    The question is where do we want to be? . Not necessarily which route we want to take. But there are always multiple ways to get there.including a plane ride to hop over

"There are many others ahead of us in the invite line."

Who care who is in front of us!? They have no more right to a big conference than we do. Jumping over conferences may or maw not be realistic, but how about we jump over every school in our way!

Default Re: CUSA Officials at the Bowl game

Quote Originally Posted by garmen View Post
    Yes, we need to aim high, but we need to bring bling bling to the table. So far we do not have enough bling bling. Big 12 has no interest in us, ESPN wont even use the name we want to to be branded by and 2 years of football success is not enough to get their attention. There are many others ahead of us in the invite line. As much as I think CUSA and BE are no better in football at this time, history and tradition are not on our side in this one. Plus, I am very concerned that the whole economic model in NCAA football is another bubble that will burst in 5 to 10 years. The mad spending sprees cannot last and we have to think long and hard as to how we spend our money and who we choose to affiliate. I have helped raise a lot of money for the university in the past and give as I can today. Yes, I would love to see us in an AQ conference but I would also accept the baby steps to continue progressing. It is happening as we speak. I lived through going to every home game during the Baldwin era, I can be patient with this transition. We are in much better shape now.
    Our bling bling is going to be in the Master Plan; if we are able to execute it we will be a TOTALLY different University in 10 years (my number).

I do agree with you TOTALLY on the economic model for NCAA football and do hope this bubble bursts and bursts soon. We (I) have no desire to get up to where the big dogs hunt ($100 million + annual budget) and the subsequent bickering over winning (look to the east after EVERY loss) . it can't continue to cost that much for a quality athletic program. I am hopeful we can grow our program to be competitive with other programs WITHOUT costing $100 mil/year and keep some sort of sanity about it.

And I don't care too much about the intermediate steps to get there . whether that be conference A or B as long as our final destination is still on target!

Default NO Bowl Champs Wallpaper

Thanks to all the great comments on my first wallpaper I decided to make a champions one. What a great game and a great two years. Can't wait for next season. Thanks guys. Enjoy!

NO Bowl Champs

Default Re: NO Bowl Champs Wallpaper

OMFG, you read my mind!

I was just thinking about this yesterday. Looks awesome!

Nice!

8. Default Re: NO Bowl Champs Wallpaper

Maestreaux you do amazing stuff.

Thanks

You're looking at my new wallpaper for the computer at work.

Default Re: CUSA Officials at the Bowl game

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Well Louisiana fits the "Established in the 1800's" criteria.

My question is . . . How did Texas Tech get in?
    Political Pressure from then Governor Ann Richards.

Beautiful. Appreciate sharing it with us. Green dot for you.

Default Re: Jay's call of the N.O. Bowl

So, why isn't this advertised anywhere not even on the 1420 site

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    So, why isn't this advertised anywhere not even on the 1420 site
    Prather mentioned it a few times this week while filling in for Jay.

getting really ____ed at 1420 radio app. all i heard was about 6 plays of game and 20 minutes of padres music and stupid crap like that.

it just came back on and Jay goes to commerical, this is a waste

Page 17 of 49 FirstFirst . 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 27 . LastLast

Thread Information