Page 13 of 49 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 . LastLast

Thread: 2012 New Orleans Bowl

Default Re: New Orleans bowl part II and re-croux-ting

"We have a dump for a stadium."

I prefer our stadium over quite a few other FBS stadiums. We could use an update, but it could always be worse. It could be FIU's stadium.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    It was for personal reasons. And I agree with Willis. I can't think that negatively about recruiting. I have confidence that Hud and staff will deliver on recruits and we will be fine.
    There's no way that Hud and our success won't pick up some solid recruits. I really wish T-Joe and Scott would do their part.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    I don't think we've ever had a better group of atheletes playing football at UL. Our coaching staff managed to do that despite the crappy stadium, name recognition, etc. if there's one thing I'm not worried about it's recruiting. Hud will deliver the goods.
    Hud's been delivering. It's time for T-Joe to deliver his goods.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    It was for personal reasons. And I agree with Willis. I can't think that negatively about recruiting. I have confidence that Hud and staff will deliver on recruits and we will be fine.
    I was merely asking a question.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajuns4me View Post
    I was merely asking a question.
    I know you were. Others, though, seem to think all is doomed.and recruits are fleeing. I don't honk that is so.

Default Re: CUSA Officials at the Bowl game

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    There are no indications anywhere that any conference currently cares about either performance on the field or actual people at games.
    True. Those are internal metrics that scream to the AD and President, "what evidence do you additionally require to know that after 4 decades of neglect. in only two years you can re-acquaint the program with wins, bowls and fans. Not all of them by a long shot. wins, bowls, fans. And if you, the leadership, do your part in committing to UL football, not only will many more people reconnect and/connect to the school, they'll believe we are a worthy place for their financial generosity."

Lets wait till Feb to judge this class.

The RCAF should've been recruiting new members in New Orleans last weekend. The ball was dropped. ____-poor marketing!!

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Chat on Sunday and Thursday nights You'll find all you need to know about Freddie Moore and everyone else Ask Cajun T how to get there.

and, yeah. it costs a nominal fee.just like RCAF, season tickets, tailgating, etc But, you get it first, you get it best.

Z

We currently have 3, 3 star commitments, when have we ever had 3 in a class much less this early. Damn they have some stupid people in this world.

11. Default Re: New Orleans bowl part II and re-croux-ting

Per Moore's statement---He was a Miss Southern fan all his life---It is right by his home where his family can see him---He has family situations that are much more conducive to his being in Hattisburg----He was impressed with the new coach's offense----The UL stadium of which I think is NOT BAD had nothing to do with it and the Conference could very well have been a consideration!!!

From a football player's perspective Cajun Field is fine. Where we get an "F" is on the press box, video/audio system, and the lack of suites. That influences most to see the stadium as a "dumpy" stadium. T-Joe needs to roll up his sleeves and get the improvements underway.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    Chat on Sunday and Thursday nights You'll find all you need to know about Freddie Moore and everyone else Ask Cajun T how to get there.

and, yeah. it costs a nominal fee.just like RCAF, season tickets, tailgating, etc But, you get it first, you get it best.

Z
    A couple of weeks before the bowl game, Farmer said the plans were in and were under review by the coaches. Now that the bowl is over, the focus should return. Would be nice to have this completed by mid-January, introduce it to RCAF and the public at a major post bowl game celebration. At the same time, recruit new RCAF members and do a major season ticket drive while momentum is hot. We just might get lucky with more conference realignment changes taking place and get a new conference invite that would also be introduced at this event. All of that coming together at one time is not that far fetched and would be an unbelievable shot in the arm for UL athletics. And, oh yeah, UL is now branding itself as Louisiana, as in the Louisiana Ragin Cajuns. More to come from UL.

Wait a minute Where did this Big 12 bs start? Lets look at history. We have beat 2 Big 12 teams (t a&m and k-state) that I recall. And both were in down years. We have never beat an sec, big 10, acc, PAC 12 school, again, that I recall. We play two money games a year and have a DOA record vs. the big boys The question keeps getting asked ,"what do we have to do to get noticed?" We'll, lets start by beating Arkansas and k-state next year. Start doing it regularly and we will get noticed just like Boise did. Else, we are where we are Would be much better to take the money games, win them, say "thank you very much for the check, move onto the next big boy victim and repeat. Then we get noticed and asked to join the party

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    A couple of weeks before the bowl game, Farmer said the plans were in and were under review by the coaches. Now that the bowl is over, the focus should return. Would be nice to have this completed by mid-January, introduce it to RCAF and the public at a major post bowl game celebration. At the same time, recruit new RCAF members and do a major season ticket drive while momentum is hot. We just might get lucky with more conference realignment changes taking place and get a new conference invite that would also be introduced at this event. All of that coming together at one time is not that far fetched and would be an unbelievable shot in the arm for UL athletics. And, oh yeah, UL is now branding itself as Louisiana, as in the Louisiana Ragin Cajuns. More to come from UL.
    I know all is not lost!!

Make hayNOW!!!!

Z

Page 13 of 49 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 . LastLast

Thread Information