Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 . LastLast

Thread: 2012 New Orleans Bowl

Default New Orleans bowl part II and re-croux-ting

How has this 2nd New Orleans bowl helped us in landing those all important high school athletes?

Default Re: CUSA Officials at the Bowl game

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    I'm going to respond to your post with a portion of anhila8tor's reply to my post . our current budget is roughly $15 million. THAT is not enough to get us into any other conference, unless you want the Southland, and that would put us middle of the pack. Everybody can complain as much as they want about the admin not getting us into another conference, or not trying enough, or whatever, BUT we aren't going to get into a serioius conversation until we have some serious money.

NOW is a great time to see the Master Plan AND to begin our mission together as CAJUN NATION to meet and exceed the goals listed in the Master Plan. Then, except for a few, we can pick our conference.

But that does not meen today. We are a two year old startup that needs capital to grow faster. I agree with everyone it is time to unveil a plan that is set high.

How does anyone know what we can accomplish? We have never tried.
    Tech got in and their budget is not much larger than us. The difference is that they made promises to get over the 20 mil mark and showed how they would do it. Our admin.not so much.

Default Re: New Orleans bowl part II and re-croux-ting

We lost big Fred Moore to Southern Missnot good so far, how did we lose him i have no idea

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sport.04/1#mainstory

If I am correct this shows our budget to be $13,946,204.

Iowa St has the lowest budget in the big 12 at $48,469,929. Any idea how we can get close to that or does this not count as a reason?
    Once again, Big XII revenue sharing = $20,000,000+. also, having home games against Texas and Oklahoma, etc not to mention home basketball with Kansas, etc would add at least $10,000,000 in revenue to the coffers.

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUNTODD44 View Post
    We lost big Fred Moore to Southern Missnot good so far, how did we lose him i have no idea
    We lost him before the bowl game. He signed last week with USM.

What happened to all of the bankers that were going to sell bonds to finance the stadium and then pay them back with revenue from Suites and increased ticket sales, etc???? I'm ready to buy some Stadium Bonds with part of my IRA.

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUNTODD44 View Post
    Hard to get excited about early recruiting commitments.

http://louisiana.scout.com/2/1037218.html

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Once again, Big XII revenue sharing = $20,000,000+. also, having home games against Texas and Oklahoma, etc not to mention home basketball with Kansas, etc would add at least $10,000,000 in revenue to the coffers.
    What about the profit sharing the Big XII gets for its bowl games? Shouldn't that also enhance a hypothetical budget?

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58 View Post
    What happened to all of the bankers that were going to sell bonds to finance the stadium and then pay them back with revenue from Suites and increased ticket sales, etc???? I'm ready to buy some Stadium Bonds with part of my IRA.
    I sure don't know what happen to that guy that posted his "in the know" info.cause I bought that hook line and sinker and then not a wordanyway

Quote Originally Posted by AstroCajun View Post
    What about the profit sharing the Big XII gets for its bowl games? Shouldn't that also enhance a hypothetical budget?
    That is part of the $20,000,000+ in Conference revenue sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58 View Post
    They are still there; and still willing. Only the University Administration is so risk averse that they will not commit [or have not yet committed] to any such venture.

Quote Originally Posted by STEVEAUX UL 78 View Post
    I sure don't know what happen to that guy that posted his "in the know" info.cause I bought that hook line and sinker and then not a wordanyway
    It takes two to Tango.

When the man in Martin Hall is ready to sign the documents, all he has to do is make a phone call.

We've been waiting for that phone to ring for a while now

So back to my original question. What does winning the NOLA Bowl back to back and having great attendance/atmosphere do for our chances to move up?

I'm not asking anything about our athletic budget, while we all know that is a HUGE factor to consider, it's not my question. I want to know if y'all think anyone took notice of what we have accomplished the last 2 years and sees us as attractive? Budgets can be pushed aside if we are attractive enough.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun10 View Post
    So back to my original question. What does winning the NOLA Bowl back to back and having great attendance/atmosphere do for our chances to move up?

I'm not asking anything about our athletic budget, while we all know that is a HUGE factor to consider, it's not my question. I want to know if y'all think anyone took notice of what we have accomplished the last 2 years and sees us as attractive? Budgets can be pushed aside if we are attractive enough.
    There are no indications anywhere that any conference currently cares about either performance on the field or actual people at games.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    There are no indications anywhere that any conference currently cares about either performance on the field or actual people at games.
    That is insane but true. And we will always be at disadvantage until those things matter.

Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 . LastLast

Thread Information