Page 9 of 49 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 . LastLast

Thread: 2012 New Orleans Bowl

Default Re: When do we know how much we made?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    Players', coaches' and staff's rings should also be "expenses" deducted before sending any money to the Hoax.
    Since you brought up the hoax, here is another issue . the ObamaBowl TAX is unfair to us because we are more dedicated than any of the other schools.

Simple point: ULM "fans" were buying their tickets from sources other than through the school because their ticket allotment location was in the endzone or not a "prime" location. So if they have 10k at the game, but only 2k bought tickets through their school, they don't generate the funds.

Our fans, for the most part, understood this and bought through UL, to the tune of 23k. But we may be penalized for it . maybe some tweaking needs to be done to the "profit-sharing" tax.

Default Re: New Orleans Bowl has come into its own

There is quite a bit of very good information in this article . if the name police can get by the ULL's in the article (we will probably always see this in the Advocate but it is GREAT exposure for us).

The New Orleans Bowl caters to the visiting teams maybe more so than any bowl we will be considered for . that is an important point for anyone that is concerned about where they will sit for the game.

The New Orleans Bowl made money last year and invested that money into this year's bowl . Bad Company and the Beach Boys versus the Rebirth Brass Band. Next year could be a Beatles reunion (semi-joke here).

R&L Carriers is renewing their sponsorship of the event for another 5 years. I don't think this happens alot for the non-BCS bowls.

The contract between SunBelt and Cusa expires next year . I would not be surprised to see Cusa dropped

As for going to other bowls, some of the ECU fans answered that, saying they would prefer coming back to New Orleans over going to St. Pete.

I do eventually want to go to a different bowl game . but when I stepped out of my vehcile Thursday night in New Orleans and felt the blast of wind nearly blow me over, I said to myself, this won't be a problem INSIDE THE DOME! Now the weather turned out beautiful for game day but you never know what you're going to get!

They need to just have a UL contractUL gets auto bid when eligible. And i honesty dont care if we never go to another bowl, unless it is Sugar or one of thosemaybe Cotton. But other than those bowls, this Bowl is on it's way to being in the top half of Bowls and we own it.

The New Orleans Bowl looks like a bowl that is about ready to get called up. I don't know how the dynamics of these things work but if I were the Big 12/SEC, and I had to replace the Independence Bowl.I would look to New Orleans before any other spot. If that were to happen I could see us getting an auto bid if Big12/SEC don't fill their spots up.

Quote Originally Posted by lxa656 View Post
    They need to just have a UL contractUL gets auto bid when eligible.

That can be arrangedif we go Indy.

Default Re: Should Locations of Bowl Games Be Kept More Neutral?

As one of the outnumbered Pirate fans at the game, I completely disagree with the writer's line of reasoning. I think bowls should be interested in having good team matchups, quality venues and good crowds. The New Orleans Bowl accomplished all three. Teams play away games every season and should be prepared for outnumbering crowds by the time bowl season comes around. It doesn't bother me in the slightest that geographical proximity favored Lousiana to have more fans at the game, and I would have been sadly disappointed if they didn't. I'd rather be part of a good, passionate crowd that's into the game than in a half empty stadium with a large proportion of neutral fans who attended on free tickets from the local chamber of commerce.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleK View Post
    As one of the outnumbered Pirate fans at the game, I completely disagree with the writer's line of reasoning. I think bowls should be interested in having good team matchups, quality venues and good crowds. The New Orleans Bowl accomplished all three. Teams play away games every season and should be prepared for outnumbering crowds by the time bowl season comes around. It doesn't bother me in the slightest that geographical proximity favored Lousiana to have more fans at the game, and I would have been sadly disappointed if they didn't. I'd rather be part of a good, passionate crowd that's into the game than in a half empty stadium with a large proportion of neutral fans who attended on free tickets from the local chamber of commerce.
    Amen.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleK View Post
    You guys were pretty loud for the number of people you had. When we fumbled the kick off return, it sounded like there was a good 20k on the other side of the dome.

Default More New Orleans Bowl Highlites.

10. UL Football Re: Should Locations of Bowl Games Be Kept More Neutral?

So how often USC, and UCLA in the Rose Bowl. USC less than four miles to the Rose Bowl, heck of a lot closer than for any Big Ten team. UCLA less than 28 miles. Stanford and Call less three hundred and seventy-five miles. Big advantage for the California teams vs any Big Ten team.

Point is this is as old as bowl games. So maybe if ECU played closer they win, but so what, that is the way it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    So how often USC, and UCLA in the Rose Bowl. USC less than four miles to the Rose Bowl, heck of a lot closer than for any Big Ten team. UCLA less than 28 miles. Stanford and Call less three hundred and seventy-five miles. Big advantage for the California teams vs any Big Ten team.

Point is this is as old as bowl games. So maybe if ECU played closer they win, but so what, that is the way it goes.
    Author was quick to point out this standard really should only apply for the "smaller" bowls.

Pretty convenient.

Or when Texas and Texas A&M play in Texas, Florida plays in the state of Florida.
    There is a conspiracy against us, I am telling you.
    Notice how we get singled out for various success stories and demeaned when there are issues.
    ESPN annoucers are still referring us as Oooo LA LA. That tim brando did it on cbs.
    I wrote ESPN about using ooll la la and got a response a phone number to call 888-549-3776
    I say flood them with complaints and disrespect.

Geaux Cajuns

Default CUSA Officials at the Bowl game

I would love to know what their opinion of our program is after witnessing first hand the type of environment we as CAJUN NATION could bring to CUSA. I truly believe that it HAD to have some type of positive influence on them when considering who to add to the Conference.

Anyone have some inside scoop on who from CUSA would have been at the bowl game?

I would be very interested to see what those CUSA officials have to say about the prospects of adding UL after this past weekend.

Just how much did our stock increase following 2 consecutive massively succesfull Bowl appearances? And who, if anyone, took real notice?

Default Re: CUSA Officials at the Bowl game

I doubt CUSA was in attendance.

Default Re: CUSA Officials at the Bowl game

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    I doubt CUSA was in attendance.
    Seriously? I believe I read somewhere that they'd be there. And plus, I would think they would attend every one of their bowl games wouldn't you? Regardless, in attendance or not they still got to see on TV what our crowd looked like and the quality product we have on the football field.

Page 9 of 49 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 . LastLast

Thread Information