Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 . LastLast

Thread: 2012 New Orleans Bowl

Default Re: Sun Belt tickets

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    Wow, you just make these things up as you go?

Actually the I-Bowl exists, in part, because of state subsidies. Maybe a better theory I that those redneck _______s that run the I-Bowl don't know what the ____ they are doing. If they want to come beg for us to sell 20,000 or more tickets to that game they better be ready to change their seating allotments or give UL a guaranteed payout to offset poor ticket sales due to allotted seating areas.
    Maybe we are uncovering a major problem with our state here. Why should the I-Bowl worry about seating locations, amount of seats to allocate, etc. if the state will subsidize their losses. Now I don't know anything about this other than I remember someone posting a line item out of the state's budget report back after we weren't invited.

Anybody with facts out there about how the I-Bowl is funded, state subsidies specifically?

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Cannot let this N O Bowl victory go to waste

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncorkdork View Post
    a regular season home game, not a bowl game 2 hours away at an indoor stadium in the biggest party city in the country. I love what the Cajun fans have done with this bowl, but where are they from September through November??
    Are you a Johnny Come Lately to UL football? We had the largest percentage increase in fan home game attendance in the country. We had close to the NO Bowl Cajun fan crowd with an average of 29k (with an average of 250 opponent fans). This past year dropped by 4k average due to weather, a middle of the week game, and two home games bookending Thanksgiving. Excuses. but precisely what caused the drop.

We've had a half century where everyone else grew their programs and we did not. You think with no good opponent teams to attract even more fans, that 25k to 30k is not that good? Every higher conference knows that UL, taking what we have in stock right now, added to their conference, is going to a) add to our attendance with their programs visiting Cajun Field, b) add money strictly from their revenue (TV and bowl sharing) that will enhance us further, c) help UL generate even more support from our system of reachable fans that will come under the entire sports opponent match ups.

Our only deficit as we take these severely impressive football outcomes, is a weak and indecisive administrative oversight of our athletic future. There is no monetary deficit we cannot overcome. There is no fan participation deficit we cannot blow out of the water. Our deficit is an athletic leadership void at the very top. He has no idea that the much much softer side for his future resides in demanding our athletic footprint future be sized for very large shoes. and he goes two more sizes above that. because he's that damn smart. You do not haul in big fish with little nets. T-Joe had better take our current emotional currency, take the necessary monetary loans, and enjoy the luxurious problems that will. without question. come the way of UL.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan96 View Post
    Right on Z! We have won the National championship to the "ole USL establishment" We must raise the bar!
    +1000

People I talk to in the know continue to tell me that the administration and most of the old timers feel as though we have reached our final goal with the NOLA Bowl. Mission accomplished. They don't see the need to go anwhere else. For decades, all they worked for was to get in a 1-A conference with a bowl game. To them, everything else is just noise, and those schools switching conferences are just acting silly.

How do you shake the adminstration from this extremely short sighted viewpoint? Is it even possible?

I don't know, but I can tell you this. If and when Louisiana athletics comes to an end because of this head in sand mentality, I won't lose a wink of sleep over it. And, we'll all know who the names are of the people who killed Ragin Cajun Athletics.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    Maybe we are uncovering a major problem with our state here. Why should the I-Bowl worry about seating locations, amount of seats to allocate, etc. if the state will subsidize their losses. Now I don't know anything about this other than I remember someone posting a line item out of the state's budget report back after we weren't invited.

Anybody with facts out there about how the I-Bowl is funded, state subsidies specifically?
    I don't mean to indicate that they have an annual subsidy (although given he history of this state I guess it is possible). I was referring to their habit of going to the state after the fact to cover their losses as was the case when they picked NIU and lost their asses due to poor ticket sales. That was not the first time they received state funds.

Enjoy the moment for at least a few hours, jerk.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by cajunwarhawks23 View Post
    maybe im wrong but im sure the conf that are looking to expand or add teams like the cajuns cant just look at attendance.i am excited about the possibility of moving to a biiger conf.but i think it may take longer than we all think.more than a couple of winning seasons would help the most imo.but with all of the conferences making so many changes I hope im wrong
    We may have some pimples right now. after all, we are only teenagers in athletics. But, you don't get to your goal of a better situation by waiting for someone else to see your "potential". Our leadership has to put together our arguments and pound on the doors of better and better options, daily.

UL management reminds me of the guy that sees a really nice looking girl late in life. She says, "hey, why didn't you ever ask me out?". UL: "I just figured you'd never be interested (along with a silent admission that he was scared she might say "yes")". Girl: "Oh no, I always thought you were a great guy. You should have asked me out. By the way, have you met my husband?". UL: (Silently. "Dear Lord. what a loser"). She dismisses her worthless husband and turns and says (as she lifts her skirt over her head) "All of this could have been yours for the asking. Oh, and my dad is rich and he hates my husband. He likes guys like you. I "did" too. and I only love monogamous sex more than cooking and keeping up my husband. But, apparently, when they were handing out balls, you were reading a political science textbook and arguing with a true intellectual that has a more worldly view than you. I'm going to put my skirt down now. one last look at what you could have had. you dumbass."

Default Re: Sun Belt Bowl Tickets

It was $359,610 the year NIU went to Shreveport.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    We may have some pimples right now. after all, we are only teenagers in athletics. But, you don't get to your goal of a better situation by waiting for someone else to see your "potential". Our leadership has to put together our arguments and pound on the doors of better and better options, daily.

UL management reminds me of the guy that sees a really nice looking girl late in life. She says, "hey, why didn't you ever ask me out?". UL: "I just figured you'd never be interested (along with a silent admission that he was scared she might say "yes")". Girl: "Oh no, I always thought you were a great guy. You should have asked me out. By the way, have you met my husband?". UL: (Silently. "Dear Lord. what a loser"). She dismisses her worthless husband and turns and says (as she lifts her skirt over her head) "All of this could have been yours for the asking. Oh, and my dad is rich and he hates my husband. He likes guys like you. I "did" too. and I only love monogamous sex more than cooking and keeping up my husband. But, apparently, when they were handing out balls, you were reading a political science textbook and arguing with a true intellectual that has a more worldly view than you. I'm going to put my skirt down now. one last look at what you could have had. you dumbass."
    best way to explain the situation I have ever heard.hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post

Not to go off topic, but I was reminded; did anybody else see our new mascot? He "came out" during the halftime show . do you remember when the ECU band came out, then just started scattering around . did anybody see Wong Thong, all draped in a shiny new red thong?

Or was it just the beer?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    I don't mean to indicate that they have an annual subsidy (although given he history of this state I guess it is possible). I was referring to their habit of going to the state after the fact to cover their losses as was the case when they picked NIU and lost their asses due to poor ticket sales. That was not the first time they received state funds.
    Nor was I thinking that . it's just that IFF the I-Bowl can go to the state and get funding (subsidies) because of gross mismanagement AND the state will continue to cut higher education funding because of lack of funds . can't we do a better job of managing the funds in the first place?

I guess that really isn't question.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun67 View Post
    If we were going to Detroit, might not be too bad a rule. Guess it depends on whose ox is being gored. Only the BCS schools benefit from rules like this. Not us.
    Even if we went to a bowl that far away we still wouldn't benefit. No other SBC team would generate as much revenue as we do at the New Orleans Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    Not to go off topic, but I was reminded; did anybody else see our new mascot? He "came out" during the halftime show . do you remember when the ECU band came out, then just started scattering around . did anybody see Wong Thong, all draped in a shiny new red thong?

Or was it just the beer?
    I didn't see him at the game but afterward as Z and I enjoyed our celebratory Cubans and glasses of fine single malt on a Canal St bench we potted the notorious Thong Diva in front of the Custom's House.

Default Re: When do we know how much we made?

Quote Originally Posted by I_Bleed_RED View Post
    Even if we went to a bowl that far away we still wouldn't benefit. No other SBC team would generate as much revenue as we do at the New Orleans Bowl
    Can someone point me to where this was written or posted . I would like to know the details of the agreement.

Default Re: Replay of N. O. Bowl 10:00 A.M. ESPNU

Got it on dvr. It'll probably stay on there for a while just like just years game.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by raoul View Post
    Enjoy the moment for at least a few hours, jerk.
    Merry Christmas Raoul! Who are you addressing here?

Z

Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 . LastLast

Thread Information