Page 39 of 49 FirstFirst . 29 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 . LastLast

Thread: 2012 New Orleans Bowl

Default Re: When do we know how much we made?

Farmer is not giving money to grow the budget. The fans are. And, he is absolutely subject to criticism if the budget isn't growing fast enough.

So, according to your logic, if the budget grows by one dollar every year, Farmer is above reproach.

I think one of Farmer's greatest weaknesses is as a fundraiser. I think he would make a great #2, behind the scene administrator. That may be why Troy didn't pull the trigger on him.

I think by any metric, Farmer is a completely mediocre A.D. I can see arguments why people think he is worse, but I don't see how you can argue that he is better. Our basketball and baseball programs are competing at lower levels than in our recent history. We have made two bowl games but I attribute that solely to Hudspeth and his staff.

Additionally, our facilities have not improved very quickly during his tenure. IMO

I think Scott is a good person, he would just not be my choice for A.D.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    Farmer is not giving money to grow the budget. The fans are. And, he is absolutely subject to criticism if the budget isn't growing fast enough.

So, according to your logic, if the budget grows by one dollar every year, Farmer is above reproach.

I think one of Farmer's greatest weaknesses is as a fundraiser. I think he would make a great #2, behind the scene administrator. That may be why Troy didn't pull the trigger on him.

I think by any metric, Farmer is a completely mediocre A.D. I can see arguments why people think he is worse, but I don't see how you can argue that he is better. Our basketball and baseball programs are competing at lower levels than in our recent history. We have made two bowl games but I attribute that solely to Hudspeth and his staff.

Additionally, our facilities have not improved very quickly during his tenure. IMO

He definitely is.

Z

His problem is all the people who are satisfied with his mediocrity. And mediocre is being polite.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    Yes.

But it was kind of like picking up a chick at the bar. You use your best lines but she was never interested in you because she heard from a friend how small your media market was. Then she walks up to FIU and FAU. They're both fat and ugly but they have enormous media markets. She's just one of those girls who likes a big media market. So all you can do is go home and curse the fact that you were born with such a tiny media market.
    Market and budget are excuses for not doing what needs to be done in the area of brand awareness.

Farmer has to fly the key players into Acadiana.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    His problem is all the people who are satisfied with his mediocrity. And mediocre is being polite.
    You know how much money can be saved by bussing to Natchitoches and Lake Charles??

This is so great!!

Z

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post

What's fast enough for you? It's a serious question.
    Our budget has increased from 12.2 million when he took over on an interim basis in 2011 to well over 15.5 million (from what I understand) this year. And that includes a 1 million dollar reduction in our university subsidy. To me that's pretty impressive growth.

I agree with you about the facilities. I'm hoping we see a tangible plan from him in the next year or so. Not just a fancy drawing. But it's not his fault our facilities are so horrible. You've got 40 years of neglect to thank for that.

Also, it's beyond unfair to blame Farmer for the failure of the basketball and baseball programs while refusing to give him any credit whatsoever for the success of the football program. If you want to say it's all Farmer's fault that the basketball team sucks you also have to say it's also all Farmer's fault that the football team is so great.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

So he lobbied every other SBC member to vote yes so he could vote no?
    Do you really think Farmer wasn't lobbying C-USA?
    Why do think it would have been a good idea for Farmer to publicly trash the SBC?
    I never said he lobbied the other SBC members. I said that his actions with respect to UL and our conference affiliation led to this SBC action. He was trying very hard to get other members to stay. I'm sure he discussed measures to get them to stay (revenue sharing, penalties for departure) with Benson. Why? Not because we have no shot other than the SBC during all of the realignment. Because our leadership doesn't want to stick their neck out.

Farmer admitted that we sent the CUSA our package. That is how he put it. We sent them our information. Has he told you personally that he worked to get T-Joe and other VIP UL people in front of CUSA and make the kind of promises of expanded budgets they want to know we'll commit to? You get a bump in budget when you join CUSA. And do you think they'll kick you out if you can't reach the budget you've laid out?

You keep defending Scott's efforts (except for his lack of communication). You act like he has bragging rights over building up our budget. That is BS. Hiring Hud single handedly raised our budget. Tell me what Scott did other than that. He hired a marketing guy to build RCAF? What have you seen from that? The guy. I would imagine. is just about choking on the lack of direction and leadership out of Martin Hall about now. I assure you that as he got to know people that are targeted for more RCAF dollars, he came right back to Scott and T-Joe and told them what they have to ante up. and they just sat and stared at him.

T-Joe has actually admitted he didn't even know that much about conference realignment. Does that make you think his subordinate. one Scott Farmer. was out lobbying CUSA? How could the president not be involbed in the lobbying effort?

I never said Scott should "trash" the SBC. They need to be constantly thinking about UL. The SBC is not UL. We've been in half a dozen conferences. Conference changes are at an all-time state of change. You do not hug the conference. You hug people you wish to be in a future conference with. That keeps the current conference commissioner treating you like gold and it makes your supporters feel like you know what the hell an AD is supposed to be doing.

What's fast enough for you? It's a serious question.
    Our budget has increased from 12.2 million when he took over on an interim basis in 2011 to well over 15.5 million (from what I understand) this year. And that includes a 1 million dollar reduction in our university subsidy. To me that's pretty impressive growth.

I agree with you about the facilities. I'm hoping we see a tangible plan from him in the next year or so. Not just a fancy drawing. But it's not his fault our facilities are so horrible. You've got 40 years of neglect to thank for that.

Also, it's beyond unfair to blame Farmer for the failure of the basketball and baseball programs while refusing to give him any credit whatsoever for the success of the football program. If you want to say it's all Farmer's fault that the basketball team sucks you also have to say it's also all Farmer's fault that the football team is so great.
    Because Hud has done it without getting many of the things promised to him. Also, I'm not blaming Farmer for those sports down years. But, they are on his watch.

Also, Scott does get credit for starting the RCAF. But, it's not like that was earth-shattering. Most D-I programs have similar mechanisms.

But, all the RCAF is in essence is a piggy bank. If I buy you a piggy bank, but I'm not helping it fill up, it doesn't do me any good. So, while he gets credit for giving us the piggy bank. It has to start filling up. You control that buy having a plan and soliciting large donors.

Enjoy Tiger Stadium. I hear LSU is in an awesome conference and they do pretty good for themselves. You'll like it there. You'll just need to get used to wearing purple and gold. No one looks good in purple and gold.

As for me I've been through the Baldwin years and never thought of not supporting UL. It will take a lot more than a horrible conference to change that.
    Look, I appreciate the support your family and business have given UL over the years. But don't disrespect people that have given or helped raise more money then you personally. He wasn't the one on this board crying about paying for a parking pass, he paid his and for a tailgate area while you complained. Now, who is willing to pay for UL to improve and just who should go enjoy a game in Baton Rouge?

11. Default Re: When do we know how much we made?

OK--just seeing if I missed anything while in DeRidder----I know that we are sharing part of our Bowl income with the 3 other Belt Bowl schools----Now what about the exit fee that was talked about---I think it was around 5 mill----please tell me we have not or will not sign this document if it does indeed exist!!!!

Default NOLA Bowl exact # of tix sold thru UL

Ik there was about 40k+ wearing red in the dome, but does anybody know exactly how many tickets were sold through the university?

Default Re: NOLA Bowl exact # of tix sold thru UL

21,500 roughly

I am pretty sure that the last number I heard was 23000+.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article.ns-set-records

According to this, it was more than 23,000.

Page 39 of 49 FirstFirst . 29 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 . LastLast

Thread Information