Thread: 2012 New Orleans Bowl

Default Re: Replay of N. O. Bowl 10:00 A.M. ESPNU

Quote Originally Posted by CRAWFISH61 View Post
    And on Cox 4
    Thanks!
    It's on NOW!
    Go Cajuns!!

At the risk of starting another name thread, suggest you just lower the audio while viewing the replay. And, don't look at some crowd shots of some cajun fans with signs like "Geaux ULL".An understandable but regretable misinterpritaion of the schools identity.I guess they get their UL information from ESPN, the Advocate, or NOLA.com. ESPN announcer only called the team, "Lafayette" once that I counted and soon after acknowleged her mistake (at least I think that's what I heard)

Louisiana's University @ Lafayette, The University of Louisiana, PR campaign anyone?

Default Re: [sold] 3 NO Bowl Tickets & Hotel For Sale

Hey mickey just wanted to thank you for the great tickets and room. Had a hell of a time and wouldnt have been possible without what you have provided

Default Re: Cannot let this N O Bowl victory go to waste

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    Gentlemen this is not a bash thread! No one is more pumped than I am. If my post can remind even one person here about opportunities wasted after last year so that we may avoid the same mistake this year That's all I want.

Z
    Z I'm in stride with you.any conference move that doesn't have UL included = deja vu = failure . My no forgiveness death claws come out Dec 26th.

Wow, they skipped ahead past ECU's last offensive series which is what I watched the entire game to see because of how loud we got. Great job ESPN.

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

I guess lawsons's 1 handed grab couldn't make the cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    Our 49k would be more than the total 'actual' attendance for all of Tulane's home games this year. UCF with their 59000 students played in a bowl closer to their campus than UL and had only 21,759???? less than half of UL's attendance. San Diego State played in San Diego against a regional opponent in BYU and still fell 13+k short of the New Orleans Bowl totals. Boise/Washington 15k short of UL.

Maybe if noone showed up for UL games our chances for getting into better conference would improve.
    Maybe some of those people should try to attend a regular season home game, then maybe someone will notice

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncorkdork View Post
    Maybe some of those people should try to attend a regular season home game, then maybe someone will notice
    GREAT point! Really looking forward to your point of view on this board. Truly a breath of fresh air!

Yours in hate,
    Z1

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

K so lets get 48,000 for a home game and see what happens
    We seat 31k and you can't get more than 40k before the fire marshall shuts down admittance. We were over 29k average last year (all good weather days - but no spectacular opponent match ups). We don't need to "see what happens". Our leadership needs to make it happen. And if they execute on the very basic instructions provided them, we'll do very very well.

I e-mailed a couple of members of the C-USA staff and also the MWC staff. I included a article about how the cajuns were setting attendance records, and then i ended with, " Why wouldn't you want this program for your conference?"

Z is right. A statement was made. Our administration needs to do WHATEVER IT TAKES.

Default Re: Bowl Attendance

San Diego State played a HOME game for their bowl.and could only sell 10,000 directly thru their own ticket office. That's embarrassing.

a regular season home game, not a bowl game 2 hours away at an indoor stadium in the biggest party city in the country. I love what the Cajun fans have done with this bowl, but where are they from September through November??

a regular season home game, not a bowl game 2 hours away at an indoor stadium in the biggest party city in the country. I love what the Cajun fans have done with this bowl, but where are they from September through November??
    I wonder the same thing. I saw numerous friends on facebook talking about the game and how they had a good time
    But I always wondered why they are from Lafayette and that is there first game ever

But then again, maybe the game can convert some of those into die hard fans

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUNTODD44 View Post
    I e-mailed a couple of members of the C-USA staff and also the MWC staff. I included a article about how the cajuns were setting attendance records, and then i ended with, " Why wouldn't you want this program for your conference?"
    Could you list these e-mails in another thread and ask each fan to send one?

Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 . LastLast

Thread Information