Page 29 of 49 FirstFirst . 19 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 39 . LastLast

Thread: 2012 New Orleans Bowl

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Which bowl game would you like to see us in?

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    I've already blown his cover. He thinks I'm "stalking him". He doesn't realize.

DJ. Cue up Santa Claus Is Coming To Town. background music only.

I sees you when you're creeping. I sees when you're a troll. I know if you're a fan or not. so be a fan and save your __'ing life. you rotten no good __.
    They are fun to play with, though.

Z

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    The Indy bowl model is broken. They still just don't get it. Let's face it Shreveport has no connection to football other than the Indy bowl. When the Indy bowl started in '76 they were one of twelve bowl games. It was a big deal back in the day but not anymore. As the years have gone by they have tried to maintain their relevancy. When things started getting lean they went to the community and basically asked for a handout and in turn offered up primte benefits to those that would give them a life line.

I think the Indy Bowl committee has been disconnected for sometime now. They simply aren't part of the college football landscape on a regular basis and therefore don't understand what is needed in today's bowl game marketplace. What was great in '76 borders on unacceptable today.
    More facts about why the I-bowl sucks balls??

Stop it. Stop it now.

Z

Default Re: When do we know how much we made?

Quote Originally Posted by 82Cajun View Post
    Any word on how much.
    One of the SBC bowl games hasn't even been played yet. I can't imagine that these numbers will be availabe until at least February.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: When do we know how much we made?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    Conferences have only started revenue sharing since 2009? And this is because of Federal law sponsored by Obama?

Who'da thunk it?
    Monkee, this is one of your pitches (that fails again) where we are "better off in the SBC". supposedly dominating inferior competition. as opposed to joining a tougher list of competitors in a better conference. You see, instead of revenue sharing where we give out the larger cut. we revenue share where we receive the larger cut. until such time arrives that the revenue makes us climb into the thick of things and all of our conference members are swimming in revenue along with us.

Go look at the conference members in better conferences that didn't make bowls this year. They're getting a big check sitting at home. We earn the money this year for the SBC. Cajun fan money. and we share it with teams that have never given us a penny and very likely won't for many years to come. Did I hear a "yippee!" from you on that reality?

And take note. I called no one an "idiot". I am making a point. and fear at times that young formidable minds might falter and join your confused point of view. I've been told you're a fine person. I'm not making this " personal". When I do, people know it. I enjoy what you offer as your opinion. I leave no bad opinion uncontested, however. Happy New Year!

I sees you when you're creeping. I sees when you're a troll. I know if you're a fan or not. so be a fan and save your __'ing life. you rotten no good __.
    Perfect example of applying the appropriate level of smartass. Nice job J1M

We have been spoiled the past two years with the easy trip to nola. And we can boast our attendace for the past two nola bowls but I cant help but think that if we traveled further than a 6 hour drive our bowl attendance you drop sharply. It is hard to shell out cash for airfare, hotels and tickets during the holidays and on such short notice. I choose any bowl that is within a 6-7 hour drive.

7. Default Re: Bowl TV rankings.

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    Very true and I didn't really think about that. Saturday morning is busy time for a lot of folks. Last year we were in a more primetime spot.
    Any other AM games to compare it to??? Wonder about the viewership of last years AMers????

Quote Originally Posted by ULtimateCajun View Post
    We have been spoiled the past two years with the easy trip to nola. And we can boast our attendace for the past two nola bowls but I cant help but think that if we traveled further than a 6 hour drive our bowl attendance you drop sharply. It is hard to shell out cash for airfare, hotels and tickets during the holidays and on such short notice. I choose any bowl that is within a 6-7 hour drive.
    E, as we all do buddy Its just getting a little annoying having a few trolls continually propping the I-bowl. Which we all agree, we would gladly go to if it was our only choice and last resort. Bro, you have worked up there.you know its a ____ hole.

Z

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by ULtimateCajun View Post
    Sure. we aren't arguing that "close" isn't great. It's good for every program's fans. But, we may one day have a shot at a bowl with national notoriety implications and we will sacrifice attendance numbers and proximity. As people have explored bowls that are regional, we've included some pretty good options. One I hadn't thought about is the Alamo Bowl in San Antonio. I've driven to San Antonio from Baton Rouge multiple times. You couldn't have an easier drive, albeit long. I'd do it in a heartbeat if my group preferred driving to flying. I love San Antonio. If the momentum of the program were really up. UL groups could affordably charter numerous buses and make that trip a lot of fun. Here's my take.

If NO is x fan attendance, I see it as.
    Mobile (70% of x)
    Houston (80% of x)
    Dallas (40% of x)
    San Antonio (35% of x)

With all things equal to now (opponent, record, home game fan levels, still in SBC, RCAF no bigger, Cajun Field renovations postponed)

10. Default Re: NO Bowl Numbers

Thanks

LMFAOWell, I can see that from now on I will have to refrain from reading your posts with premium beer in my mouth.

Sure. we aren't arguing that "close" isn't great. It's good for every program's fans. But, we may one day have a shot at a bowl with national notoriety implications and we will sacrifice attendance numbers and proximity. As people have explored bowls that are regional, we've included some pretty good options. One I hadn't thought about is the Alamo Bowl in San Antonio. I've driven to San Antonio from Baton Rouge multiple times. You couldn't have an easier drive, albeit long. I'd do it in a heartbeat if my group preferred driving to flying. I love San Antonio. If the momentum of the program were really up. UL groups could affordably charter numerous buses and make that trip a lot of fun. Here's my take.

If NO is x fan attendance, I see it as.
    Mobile (70% of x)
    Houston (80% of x)
    Dallas (40% of x)
    San Antonio (35% of x)

With all things equal to now (opponent, record, home game fan levels, still in SBC, RCAF no bigger, Cajun Field renovations postponed)
    Houston and San Antone numbers may be off on account of having over 7,000 alumni in the Houston areaor did you account for that?

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    Houston and San Antone numbers may be off on account of having over 7,000 alumni in the Houston areaor did you account for that?
    I was using my Jethro Bodine "Gozinta" calculator so my math may be off. My logic for Texas based bowls takes into account the Houston alumni. I think for Houston, I could easily be on the low side. You would think the Acadiana UL contingency would travel to Houston almost as well as NO. ULGrad@HOU told me at the NO Bowl that there is virtually nothing in downtown Houston like NO. They don't have the "street life" that NO has. I'm thinking this has an effect on our Cajun conscience.

I may be all wrong. If the Houston alumni had the opportunity to organize with the UL alumni association and RCAF in a really big way, we may have a bigger deal, including fantastic entertainment, that might bust things loose and build a much bigger UL fan attendance in Houston than NO.

Default Re: Bowl Attendance

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    "Jimmah Watson".

HAHAHAHA!

Z
    Jimmah Watson is my favorite!

I was using my Jethro Bodine "Gozinta" calculator so my math may be off. My logic for Texas based bowls takes into account the Houston alumni. I think for Houston, I could easily be on the low side. You would think the Acadiana UL contingency would travel to Houston almost as well as NO. ULGrad@HOU told me at the NO Bowl that there is virtually nothing in downtown Houston like NO. They don't have the "street life" that NO has. I'm thinking this has an effect on our Cajun conscience.

I may be all wrong. If the Houston alumni had the opportunity to organize with the UL alumni association and RCAF in a really big way, we may have a bigger deal, including fantastic entertainment, that might bust things loose and build a much bigger UL fan attendance in Houston than NO.
    I knew that you had a "double naught spy" secret decoder ring!

Page 29 of 49 FirstFirst . 19 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 39 . LastLast

Thread Information