Page 28 of 49 FirstFirst . 18 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 38 . LastLast

Thread: 2012 New Orleans Bowl

Default Re: When do we know how much we made?

Last year the Cajuns made money by selling bowl tickets. This year we have to support other teams in the conference that will not support their teams or are playing in distant or crappy bowls. If we are going to continue this, being in a better conference would be much more beneficial in the future because the better conferences get better bowls. (= more revenue to share) With possible teams like GSU, the other GSU, JSA, and other FBS newbies this conference will be taking a 5 year step back in terms of prestige. We need to get out while the getting is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    So is UL gonna get back pay? Thus could be the answer to all of the athletic department's budgeting problems.
    The revenue sharing is only within our conference. Since moanroe only sold 10k through their athletic department and WKU sales were only a couple of hours and according to reports we will likely be doing the sharing of our profit with them while they will contribute little to nothing to the profit pool. Not sure how ASU's sales are going.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    Last year the Cajuns made money by selling bowl tickets. This year we have to support other teams in the conference that will not support their teams or are playing in distant or crappy bowls. If we are going to continue this, being in a better conference would be much more beneficial in the future because the better conferences get better bowls. (= more revenue to share) With possible teams like GSU, the other GSU, JSA, and other FBS newbies this conference will be taking a 5 year step back in terms of prestige. We need to get out while the getting is good.
    You mean adding the metro Boone market or Liberty will not add prestige?!!!

Default Re: Bowl Attendance

Quote Originally Posted by 82Cajun View Post
    How can we leverage our attendance for future Bowl Appearances to let the selection committees know that our fan base travels so we can get a bigger and better bowl?

Can we send this list to the BCS Bowl Committees, espn, other bowl committees

Is this something our administration shoiuld be doing??????????????????????
    The BCS bowls are locked in based on the formula so they don't care. Beyond that define what you think would be a better bowl than New Orleans?

Keep in mind UConn lost money a few years back going to the Fiesta Bowl. Be careful what you wish for. You might just get it.

Default Re: Which bowl game would you like to see us in?

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncorkdork View Post
    but usually there is at least a team from one of those conferences as long as they have enough teams bowl eligible
    Tell me, when's the last time an SEC or ACC team played there??

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    Tell me, when's the last time an SEC or ACC team played there??
    Why don't you look it up and not sound like an idiot.

7. Default Re: Bowl Attendance

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    The BCS bowls are locked in based on the formula so they don't care. Beyond that define what you think would be a better bowl than New Orleans?

Keep in mind UConn lost money a few years back going to the Fiesta Bowl. Be careful what you wish for. You might just get it.
    Again I will go back to the paid attendance to the butts in the seats attendance----if there are 20K no shows that means that those were bought locally and therefore have no bearing on the hotels, restaurants, BARS, and local shops---These tics must be bought by the Chamber and other local groups just for the give away crowd-----Some said at first that the in state teams weren't good for the local economy because they would show for the game and leave----The Cajuns have done so much to throw all their negatives back in these prophets faces!!!! Believe me---All of New Orleans wants the Cajuns back!!!

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    Some of us had to fly to attend the New Orleans Bowl. Fact of life, not that big of a deal. It is easier to fly the weeks following Christmas than the week before Christmas. I would be all in for almost any Bowl, but because of their treatment of the Cajuns in the past, I would prefer it not be the Independence Bow.
    The reasons for Shreveport being a last resort have been spelled out numerous times on this board over the last week. They are legit reasons, some just choose to ignore them

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Again I will go back to the paid attendance to the butts in the seats attendance----if there are 20K no shows that means that those were bought locally and therefore have no bearing on the hotels, restaurants, BARS, and local shops---These tics must be bought by the Chamber and other local groups just for the give away crowd-----Some said at first that the in state teams weren't good for the local economy because they would show for the game and leave----The Cajuns have done so much to throw all their negatives back in these prophets faces!!!! Believe me---All of New Orleans wants the Cajuns back!!!
    Okay Boomer.I"ll bite what the heck does this have to do with my post??

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Cajungrad06 View Post
    Why don't you look it up and not sound like an idiot.
    Why are you so passionate about the Indy Bowl, Tech and CUSA?

By the way, the I Bowl has traditionally gotten big programs in their down years. If UL wasn't good enough, let's just say from a TV market perspective for ESPN (as was Missy's argument) over Northern Illinois. when is UL going to be so desirable when they have an SEC or ACC school on the docket?

The Indy bowl took a dump on UL back then, and this year they tried to pee down our back offering virtually no money. Did you notice that they stuck most ULM fans outside of the premium seats and held the best tickets for locals? Now, let's compare that to the NO Bowl. they picked us two years in a row when they could have chosen another SBC team. They honored us and gave us premium seating in a superior facility.

I think we need to ask the Indy to do for us what they did for Drooley. Let us pick our opponent. I can only hope the year we're invited and accept. and Tech is eligible and has no other options. we can collaborate with Indy to pass on Tech for Northern Illinois. Wouldn't that be cool?

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Why are you so passionate about the Indy Bowl, Tech and CUSA?

By the way, the I Bowl has traditionally gotten big programs in their down years. If UL wasn't good enough, let's just say from a TV market perspective for ESPN (as was Missy's argument) over Northern Illinois. when is UL going to be so desirable when they have an SEC or ACC school on the docket?

The Indy bowl took a dump on UL back then, and this year they tried to pee down our back offering virtually no money. Did you notice that they stuck most ULM fans outside of the premium seats and held the best tickets for locals? Now, let's compare that to the NO Bowl. they picked us two years in a row when they could have chosen another SBC team. They honored us and gave us premium seating in a superior facility.

I think we need to ask the Indy to do for us what they did for Drooley. Let us pick our opponent. I can only hope the year we're invited and accept. and Tech is eligible and has no other options. we can collaborate with Indy to pass on Tech for Northern Illinois. Wouldn't that be cool?
    Beginning to see a pattern with a few of these posters??

Z

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Except for the guy in the t shirt shop on bourbon who sold me my red seal wintergreen long cut late Saturday night.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    Cool. So when can UL expect a cut from the SEC?
    When the Supreme Leader gets Nancy and Harry to put it in a law that we have pass in order to see what it is.

The Indy bowl model is broken. They still just don't get it. Let's face it Shreveport has no connection to football other than the Indy bowl. When the Indy bowl started in '76 they were one of twelve bowl games. It was a big deal back in the day but not anymore. As the years have gone by they have tried to maintain their relevancy. When things started getting lean they went to the community and basically asked for a handout and in turn offered up primte benefits to those that would give them a life line.

I think the Indy Bowl committee has been disconnected for sometime now. They simply aren't part of the college football landscape on a regular basis and therefore don't understand what is needed in today's bowl game marketplace. What was great in '76 borders on unacceptable today.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    Beginning to see a pattern with a few of these posters??

Z
    I've already blown his cover. He thinks I'm "stalking him". He doesn't realize.

DJ. Cue up Santa Claus Is Coming To Town. background music only.

I sees you when you're creeping. I sees when you're a troll. I know if you're a fan or not. so be a fan and save your __'ing life. you rotten no good __.

Page 28 of 49 FirstFirst . 18 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 38 . LastLast

Thread Information