Page 10 of 49 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 . LastLast

Thread: 2012 New Orleans Bowl

Default Re: CUSA Officials at the Bowl game

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    I doubt CUSA was in attendance.
    Why not? ECU is still a CUSA team.

Exactly, and will be for another full season.

Well if they didn't have ANY representatives there why would you want to be in their league . they obviously don't care too much about their league if the don't represent it.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    Well if they didn't have ANY representatives there why would you want to be in their league . they obviously don't care too much about their league if the don't represent it.
    Another good point, I'm pretty sure they were in attendance.

I totally forgot ECU was in CUSA! Too funny.my bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    I totally forgot ECU was in CUSA! Too funny.my bad.
    The way things have been going . I was having a conversation with a friend on Christmas Eve about how we can better our program . I couldn't name too many teams in any of the other conferences because there has been so much movement!

Boise St. and SDSU may not even be in the Big East before they are out . who knows what is going to happen over the next few months, even years!

I am upset that other Sun Belt conference teams were looked at as better for CUSA than we are/were BUT I really don't mind not being in CUSA right now. I have bigger aspirations than being in a conference that can't see quality.

There is no reason we can't aspire to be in the Big XII . we won't know what we are really capable of until we try!

There is no reason we can't aspire to be in the Big XII . we won't know what we are really capable of until we try!

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sport.04/1#mainstory

If I am correct this shows our budget to be $13,946,204.

Iowa St has the lowest budget in the big 12 at $48,469,929. Any idea how we can get close to that or does this not count as a reason?

I am upset that other Sun Belt conference teams were looked at as better for CUSA than we are/were BUT I really don't mind not being in CUSA right now. I have bigger aspirations than being in a conference that can't see quality.

How are they suppose to see quality when our admin doesn't put out any effort to show that we want to be in a better conference?

The way things have been going . I was having a conversation with a friend on Christmas Eve about how we can better our program . I couldn't name too many teams in any of the other conferences because there has been so much movement!

Boise St. and SDSU may not even be in the Big East before they are out . who knows what is going to happen over the next few months, even years!

We can alway take Baton Rouge's place in the SEC when they bolt for the Bix XII and then whine about having to play Florida every year while getting 8 home gamesmust suck.

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post

Iowa St has the lowest budget in the big 12 at $48,469,929. Any idea how we can get close to that or does this not count as a reason?

I'd like to see a breakdown of where a team like Iowa State gets all of their money from. I was shocked to see that some schools with larger budgets than us get it almost entirely from athletic fees. Just curious.

I am talking about a long range plan, something in the range of 10 years. I would lay it out to accomplish over a 10-year period and if it came sooner, good. If it didn't happen we would still be in much better condition than we are now.

And how in the world does La Tech get 3.5 million more from the state than we do??

13. Default Re: CUSA Officials at the Bowl game

The Big-12 TV contract pays members $20+ million a year, so now you are up to $34 million.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    How are they suppose to see quality when our admin doesn't put out any effort to show that we want to be in a better conference?
    I'm going to respond to your post with a portion of anhila8tor's reply to my post . our current budget is roughly $15 million. THAT is not enough to get us into any other conference, unless you want the Southland, and that would put us middle of the pack. Everybody can complain as much as they want about the admin not getting us into another conference, or not trying enough, or whatever, BUT we aren't going to get into a serioius conversation until we have some serious money.

NOW is a great time to see the Master Plan AND to begin our mission together as CAJUN NATION to meet and exceed the goals listed in the Master Plan. Then, except for a few, we can pick our conference.

But that does not meen today. We are a two year old startup that needs capital to grow faster. I agree with everyone it is time to unveil a plan that is set high.

How does anyone know what we can accomplish? We have never tried.

NOW is a great time to see the Master Plan AND to begin our mission together as CAJUN NATION to meet and exceed the goals listed in the Master Plan. Then, except for a few, we can pick our conference.
    I agree 100% with this. Now is the time for our RCAF donors big and small to get on the phone, email or drive over and talk to Scott Farmer in person. There are some big backers that carry weight but as a group. the entire RCAF carries weight. If we don't start pushing the stadium soon, we many never see it come to fruition.

Page 10 of 49 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 . LastLast

Thread Information