Thread: Bowl Attendance To Date

Default Bowl Attendance To Date

Bowl attendance:
    Gildan New Mexico Bowl -24,610
    Famous Idaho Potato Bowl - 29,243

Default Re: Bowl Attendance To Date

I read an article about bowl attendance last year. It stated that the bowls often report tickets sold or alloted vs butts in seats.

Quote Originally Posted by garmen View Post
    Bowl attendance:
    Gildan New Mexico Bowl -24,610
    Famous Idaho Potato Bowl - 29,243
    From the crowd shots, the FIP Bowl looks about right. But for the GNM Bowl, it didn't look close to that. They were spread out though.

Yep, my observation as well

For what it's worth, for home games I care more about attendance than tickets sold- but not for a bowl game.

I know we'll represent well in the NO bowl, but bowls are all about how many tickets you can sell. That's why we got invited so early. I don't think there will be a big difference for us in terms of tickets sold vs butts in seats. But- I do think a more important statement is how many tickets we sold for a bowl game. JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by bigearl View Post
    For what it's worth, for home games I care more about attendance than tickets sold- but not for a bowl game.

I know we'll represent well in the NO bowl, but bowls are all about how many tickets you can sell. That's why we got invited so early. I don't think there will be a big difference for us in terms of tickets sold vs butts in seats. But- I do think a more important statement is how many tickets we sold for a bowl game. JMO.
    Spoke to my brother who works for Chevron in New Orleans and is a UL Alum from 1981. He went last year and sat in the Chevron suite. His comment to me this year? "Well, I hope I can get in this year. Not looking to good." So, yea, I think the seats will be loaded with cheeks this year /

I think Bowls (especially the NO Bowl) are about how to get people to your city to spend money in a traditionally slow tourist time. The NO BOwl certainly did that last year as many Cajun fans spend several days and beucoup money down there.

Quote Originally Posted by bigearl View Post

Quote Originally Posted by garmen View Post
    Spoke to my brother who works for Chevron in New Orleans and is a UL Alum from 1981. He went last year and sat in the Chevron suite. His comment to me this year? "Well, I hope I can get in this year. Not looking to good." So, yea, I think the seats will be loaded with cheeks this year /
    I helped set up the Chevron suite sponsorship last year. I had nothing to do with it this year due to family issues but Chevron is sponsoring it again. NO Bowl probably went back to folks who participated last year and asked if they wanted to do so again. They are offering this suite perk to people who did not have the opportunity last year with the exception of some UL grads who are in management as they are hosts. Also, Chevron is offering two tickets to every UL grad who works in the Gulf of Mexico businesss unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I helped set up the Chevron suite sponsorship last year. I had nothing to do with it this year due to family issues but Chevron is sponsoring it again. NO Bowl probably went back to folks who participated last year and asked if they wanted to do so again. They are offering this suite perk to people who did not have the opportunity last year with the exception of some UL grads who are in management as they are hosts. Also, Chevron is offering two tickets to every UL grad who works in the Gulf of Mexico businesss unit.
    That is actually a great job by Chevron. I wish all of the companies in the the area would do this type of program.

If anyone is doubting how incredible selling over 21,000 tickets through the ticket office is, read this article about major SEC programs struggling to sell close to half of what we sold. And as you will see, its not just a location thing.

Http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sport.post?track=rss

This volume of tickets through the school is enough to get the attention of any bowl and shows the true caliber of all cajun fans

When was this two ticket deal announced?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    When was this two ticket deal announced?
    Chevron two ticket deal for employees who are UL grads was announced Thursday afternoon. 140 tickets will be distributed starting tomorrow. There may still be time to put your name in the hat.

Chevron two ticket deal for employees who are UL grads was announced Thursday afternoon. 140 tickets will be distributed starting tomorrow. There may still be time to put your name in the hat.
    Ok, I was contacted Thursday but they asked if I wanted tickets to the suite. I passed on those since I will be down with our group.

Thread Information