Thread: Brent Pry Finds a Home .

Default Brent Pry Finds a Home .

Our Former Cord, Brent Pry, signed on with the Memphis Tigers, as defensive line coach. According to Brent, it was the job he was hoping for, after being released at UL. He left us with a very heavy heart, but told me it was his goal to possibly return to UL one day, if the opportunity ever arose again. The short time I knew Brent, he proved to me to be one of the classiest individuals I've ever met. Congrats, Coach Pry. We'll miss youand best of luck to you. GO MEMPHIS TIGERSwith the exception of if we meet on the playing fieldLOL.
    and even thengood luck Brentwish it would have worked out here for you.You'll be missed by some of us.thats for sure.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Former UL Def Cord Brent Pry

Quote Originally Posted by BTG
    Our Former Cord, Brent Pry, signed on with the Memphis Tigers, as defensive line coach. According to Brent, it was the job he was hoping for, after being released at UL. He left us with a very heavy heart, but told me it was his goal to possibly return to UL one day, if the opportunity ever arose again. The short time I knew Brent, he proved to me to be one of the classiest individuals I've ever met. Congrats, Coach Pry. We'll miss youand best of luck to you. GO MEMPHIS TIGERSwith the exception of if we meet on the playing fieldLOL.
    and even thengood luck Brentwish it would have worked out here for you.You'll be missed by some of us.thats for sure.
    BTG, I dont think there is anyone that met Coach Pry that didnt like him. It must have been tough on Coach Bustle to pull the plug on those guys. Best of luck to him at Memphis.

Z.

3. Default Re: Former UL Def Cord Brent Pry

I have never crossed paths with Brent Pry when he didn't stop to give me the time of day. (fos)

For that I am ever grateful and wish Brent nothing but the best.

Thanks for the good news BTG

Quote Originally Posted by Pirogue
    Thanks Pirogue
    still hurts.
    Welcome aboard Coach Fouquier.you will fit in with us very well
    but
    Big shoes to fill.
    BTG

Quote Originally Posted by BTG
    Thanks Pirogue
    still hurts.
    Welcome aboard Coach Fouquier.you will fit in with us very well
    but
    Big shoes to fill.
    BTG
    Just a bump for anyone interested that Brent found work

RedCajun's Avatar RedCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: Brent Pry Finds a Home .

I am glad to hear that Coach Pry has found another good D1 job. Keep in mind, he is still very young, especially to have been a coordinator. He comes from a coaching family and should have a successful career.

8. UL Football Brent Pry (Defensive Line)

The 37-year-old Pry arrives in Memphis having spent the last five seasons at Louisiana-Lafayette (ULL). During Pry's time at UL, the Ragin' Cajuns won a Sun Belt Conference championship and saw three defensive players selected in the NFL draft. Having played collegiately as a safety at Buffalo, Pry has taken a unique path to overseeing defensive linemen.

"I've coached them all," Pry stresses. "When I went to Virginia Tech as a grad assistant, I coached the line for three years. I coached the secondary at Western Carolina, and I've also coached linebackers. We had some great defenses at Virginia Tech, and that was primarily because of our front four. You can take a ball game over from the defensive line. If they can't block you up front, they can't do much of anything."

Pry seems every bit as happy to be in Memphis as West is to add him to the mix. "I wanted to work for Tommy West six years ago," he explains, "and it didn't work out, but I've always had a great amount of respect for him. Coming from Virginia Tech and knowing Tommy when he was at Clemson, I've got a lot of respect for the kind of defensive coach he was. I also had a close relationship with [new defensive coordinator] Rick Kravitz."

Though new to the Mid-South, Pry has a feel for the lay of the land. And he has a unique perspective — optimism, remember — on the team he inherits. "Coming from the Sun Belt Conference," Pry reflects, "we played a lot of Conference USA schools, so I had an idea of what was good and what wasn't in this league, and I was very impressed with the talent on this football team. [Last year's] record was not indicative of the talent."

The rest of the story

Anybody want this guy back?

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by spearchucker View Post
    Anybody want this guy back?
    Maybe we ought to give Fouquier more than 3 games??

Z

Quote Originally Posted by redcajun View Post
    _ I am glad to hear that Coach Pry has found another good D1 job. Keep in mind, he is still very young, especially to have been a coordinator. He comes from a coaching family and should have a successful career. _
    I am also sure he received a substantial pay increase as well I wish him well as I do with anyone that is associated with the program

I also think he's been smoking something. Did you see the comment in the article "In the Sun Belt, maybe the top 10 guys could play in this league".

Thread Information