Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Cuts coming to close the state deficit

Default Re: Cuts coming to close the state deficit

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    They could cut something frivolous that came into being in the post "new" Constitution era and let a court decide.
    Wouldn't that take some.how should I put this."intestinal fortitude"? Preferably a few pair?

But guess what.no matter those gutless politicians.I'll be in NOLA with tens of thousands of my best friends this time next week!

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    And we continue to re-elect them. A bright bunch we are.
    Just as with Jindal its usually a case of the lesser of two evils. I was friends with a local businessman who ran and won during a wave of reform several decades ago. He walked away after one term disgusted by the games and egos that prevented anything meaningful from getting done. And it's not just the elected politicians. Many of the bureaucrats in state government are worse. Their attitude toward anyone going up there intent on doing the right thing is basically "you'll be gone after the next election, I'll still be here".

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    Many of the bureaucrats in state government are worse. Their attitude toward anyone going up there intent on doing the right thing is basically "you'll be gone after the next election, I'll still be here".
    Been told the same exact thing.

It's inevitable.mergers need to happen at some point. Y'all get this, but no politician wants to address this issue head on (for obvious reasons). Y'all witnessed this when Tech tried to get LSU-S. Local leaders were in full support but some professors raised hell in fear of losing jobs & Legislature tabled it. I think it'll happen eventually. There's simply too many universities & not enough money. They need to do the same w/ LSU-E into UL. Who knows, maybe ULM will be merged as well. I think Tech would like to have their pharma school ; )

5. Default Re: Cuts coming to close the state deficit

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDawg View Post
    It's inevitable.mergers need to happen at some point. Y'all get this, but no politician wants to address this issue head on (for obvious reasons). Y'all witnessed this when Tech tried to get LSU-S. Local leaders were in full support but some professors raised hell in fear of losing jobs & Legislature tabled it. I think it'll happen eventually. There's simply too many universities & not enough money. They need to do the same w/ LSU-E into UL. Who knows, maybe ULM will be merged as well. I think Tech would like to have their pharma school ; )
    --------Not a shutdown necessarily but some type of non duplication with LSU-A & E, McNeese, and NichollsAll about an hour and a little away from the main campus----Tech gets the North Louisiana and LSU gets S-Eastern and Southern and maybe UNO!!!

UNO stays. It absorbs SUNO and SLU, at least administratively.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDawg View Post
    Forget mergers. We need campuses shut down. Merging LSUS with Tech does not save significant money. Same for campuses such as LSUA, lsue, Suno, southern, Grambling, nicholls, SLU, etc.

Just as with Jindal its usually a case of the lesser of two evils. I was friends with a local businessman who ran and won during a wave of reform several decades ago. He walked away after one term disgusted by the games and egos that prevented anything meaningful from getting done. And it's not just the elected politicians. Many of the bureaucrats in state government are worse. Their attitude toward anyone going up there intent on doing the right thing is basically "you'll be gone after the next election, I'll still be here".
    If more people would stop voting for "the lesser of two evils" and start voting for the other candidates who are actually willing to change things we'd be much better off.

Why change if people keep voting for you?

Forget mergers. We need campuses shut down. Merging LSUS with Tech does not save significant money. Same for campuses such as LSUA, lsue, Suno, southern, Grambling, nicholls, SLU, etc.
    Good luck with thatif you were running for office on that, I would vote for you, but no one else would. I think it would be fun if they tried to merge Grambling w/ Southern! Riots would ensue, Rainbow Push & Rev Al would be marching.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information