Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: Skip Holtz to LaTech

Default Skip Holtz to LaTech

Didn't take long for Holtz to get another head coaching job

Default Re: Skip Holtz to LaTech

Wow I wouldn't have guessed this happening . TD88 how do you like the hire ? I'm a fan of Lou and Skip.

Quote Originally Posted by NO BOWL 11 Grad View Post
    Wow I wouldn't have guessed this happening . TD88 how do you like the hire ? I'm a fan of Lou and Skip.

I like Lou, and Skip wouldn't have been my first choice but I guess he'll have to do

After trolling Bulldog Barks and Bites, I can't say all are happy with this hire. Holtz in Ruston is almost like a "where's Waldo" situation. Holtz is just in a holding pattern until daddy can get him a coordinator job with a larger program.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    After trolling Bulldog Barks and Bites, I can't say all are happy with this hire. Holtz in Ruston is almost like a "where's Waldo" situation. Holtz is just in a holding pattern until daddy can get him a coordinator job with a larger program.

I think most are just surprised he got hired since he just got fired from going 3-9 @ South Florida

Quote Originally Posted by techdawg88 View Post
    I think most are just surprised he got hired since he just got fired from going 3-9 @ South Florida
    And his offensive philosophy is the opposite of what y'all have been doing.

Tech turns down bowls and Skippy takes a team on the rise and transitions them to not win enough games to qualify for bowls. Very good match. Question for us is.Coach Hud vs Skippy in head to head recruiting battles. I sense a Hud landslide in the making for UL.

I'm having a memory lapse at the moment . Maybe it's the special edition beer Anyway someone refresh me what his tenure at ECU was like, I think USF had some issues after they fired Jim Levitt ( spelling may be off ). I don't think he's that bad but again that's just my thought.

Quote Originally Posted by NO BOWL 11 Grad View Post
    I'm having a memory lapse at the moment . Maybe it's the special edition beer Anyway someone refresh me what his tenure at ECU was like, I think USF had some issues after they fired Jim Levitt ( spelling may be off ). I don't think he's that bad but again that's just my thought.
    He went 38-27 @ ECU before leaving for USF

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skip_Holtz

10. Default Re: Skip Holtz to LaTech

The Holtz tree & acorn have had a bad decade

Quote Originally Posted by techdawg88 View Post
    I like Lou, and Skip wouldn't have been my first choice but I guess he'll have to do
    Well, Tech hired a name but certainly less impressive then the recent Sun Belt hires. Holtz couldn't win consistently at South Florida with their assets, not impressive considering his bloodline.

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    Tech turns down bowls and Skippy takes a team on the rise and transitions them to not win enough games to qualify for bowls. Very good match. Question for us is.Coach Hud vs Skippy in head to head recruiting battles. I sense a Hud landslide in the making for UL.
    A "HUD recruiting landslide".oh brother. How many recruits has your beloved HUD taken from Tech in his tenure?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDawg View Post
    A "HUD recruiting landslide".oh brother. How many recruits has your beloved HUD taken from Tech in his tenure?
    All of them he wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    All of them he wanted.
    What he said

15. UL Football Re: Skip Holtz to LaTech

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDawg View Post
    Do you love the hire BlueDawg? That is all that matters.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information