Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Skip Holtz to LaTech

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDawg View Post
    A "HUD recruiting landslide".oh brother. How many recruits has your beloved HUD taken from Tech in his tenure?
    We encourage our recruits to take a visit to Ruston. It's like watching "What Not to Wear."

A "HUD recruiting landslide".oh brother. How many recruits has your beloved HUD taken from Tech in his tenure?
    Ill shoot it straight with you bluedawg and TD88 I talk as much __t as everyone else but I hope it works out for you guys I'm a fan of our wonderful state no matter if I see eye to eye with the different institutions or not .

Default Re: Skip Holtz to LaTech

I think Holtz will prove to be a good hire. He did a good job at ECU, failed at SoFla.so we'll see. Believe it or not most coaches "Fail" at some point in their careers. This will be a great opportunity to redeem himself.

Quote Originally Posted by ATXCajun View Post
    We encourage our recruits to take a visit to Ruston. It's like watching "What Not to Wear."
    OOOooooohhhh man! Big talksmall stick. Ruston's one thing, Tech is another. Every time I visit, I walk away quite impressed w/ the progress my alma mater's making.

I know two for sure: Jared Johnson and Blain Winston.

OOOooooohhhh man! Big talksmall stick. Ruston's one thing, Tech is another. Every time I visit, I walk away quite impressed w/ the progress my alma mater's making.
    Dude, eyes straight ahead. Stop looking at my stick.

I think they plucked a big recruit from Northside last year right out from under our nose.

I seem to remember Tech beating us out on a couple of kids over the past two years. There was an athlete from Jennings I know we wanted real bad. Point is, you win some, you lose some. My bet is that the talent level of the two programs is comparable.

Awesome! I don't know who they are. Hope they're working out for y'all.
    Interesting fact about Holtz Hire:
    Tech's last 4 HC's had ZERO HC experience before taking job. This guy's been HC at both USA school & Big East. I think it'll be great.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    I seem to remember Tech beating us out on a couple of kids over the past two years. There was an athlete from Jennings I know we wanted real bad. Point is, you win some, you lose some. My bet is that the talent level of the two programs is comparable.

Bryson Abraham?

Quote Originally Posted by castsdan View Post
    I know two for sure: Jared Johnson and Blain Winston.
    . Lightfoot. Brunson. Tarver as well. The Northside player I saw mentioned was never offered by Hud.

Quote Originally Posted by techdawg88 View Post
    Bryson Abraham?
    Yes. And there are more than just him.

Levander Liggins and Lloyd Grogan also come to mind.

Oiler's Avatar Oiler is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

I'm not a fan of hiring old has beens as head coaches. Look how it worked out in recent years at USM, Tulane, and UL. Instead, I'll take a successful, up and coming, young coordinator every time. Holtz will prove to be a bad hire for Tech as far as success on the field is concerned, but it will probably work out pretty well for them in all of the conference re-shuffling that is about to take place. I believe that is the main reason Tech went with Holtz.

Holtz was the ECU head coach when we won back to back titles. He is also accused of ECU losing the bowl games against SEC teams when leading big at halftime. He is a very good public speaker and will do we'll with the media and prospects parents. However, unless he gives the offense to a coordinator who will try and score often, this will be a bad hire. Holtz's D coordinator at ECU was the main reason we won championships. He has stated in the past that he would love to win a game 3 to 0.

Actually, last year he did very well

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information