Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Final: Louisiana (77) vs Lamar (60)

Default Re: Final: Louisiana (77) vs Lamar (60)

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    It was great to see AMT have a great night. He just looks like a great kid and I was feeling so badly for him during prior games. Glad to see him have success!

Elfrid, Wron and Shawn are a great foundation to build on.
    Even though he shot poorly last night, I think that kid Shepherd has a lot of potential. He is quick.

Our best players are all Freshmen and Sophomores, I think we will be a .500 club this year, but much better next year.

Quote Originally Posted by nutz View Post
    Even though he shot poorly last night, I think that kid Shepherd has a lot of potential. He is quick.

Our best players are all Freshmen and Sophomores, I think we will be a .500 club this year, but much better next year.
    it seems like we have been saying this for a while now!

3. UL Basketball Re: Louisiana vs Lamar

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Elfrid, Wronkoski, and Long are three solid hands. If Marlin can pull off anything in the way of recruiting over the next few years, all this gloom and doom on the board over basketball might fade a little.
    Watch ESPNU Thursday night for a high school game that will showcase Jackson Kimani a defensive and rebounding big man, 6'7" 220 pounds, the Cajuns inked in the early signing period. He will not be the big scorer in this game, two of his teammates have signed at TCU, and current conference mate NTU and will be the scoring duo.

Default Re: Louisiana vs Lamar

Elfrid, Wronkoski, and Long are three solid hands. If Marlin can pull off anything in the way of recruiting over the next few years, all this gloom and doom on the board over basketball might fade a little.
    We signed two apparent quality players in the early signing date. One, Heyward Register of Comeaux High here in Lafayette, is thought by some to be the best shooter in the Acadiana area. The other, Kamni Jackson, is a 6'7" forward who is the top rebounder on one of the best high school teams in the Dallas area. In fact, Jackson's team will be shown in an ESPNU game on Thursday night. I don't know how these players will fare at the college level but it does show the staff is working hard at recruiting. With Moss leaving, we will have two scholarships to give in the spring. I have to believe the focus will be on more inside help.

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    Overall, a win we needed against a very, very poor Lamar team. We need to take batter shots and shoot a better % from the field.
    Although I am always glad when the Cajuns win, we should have done much better. The Cardinals turned the ball over the first 8 times they had it. If only AMT could emerge this season before his time with us is up - it would really help if we had a consistent 2 to go along with Long and Payton.

Quote Originally Posted by Parrott View Post
    It should be mentioned they have yet to play at home this season and have losses to Kansas State, North Texas, Charlotte, Virginia, Arkansas State, Alabama, Purdue and now the Cajuns with their lone win over IUPUI in Virginia in the Preseason NIT Consolation Game.
    JP, Do you know why Lamar hasn't played at home yet?

Another double double for EP.

17 points, 11 rebounds, 3 assists, 5 steals, & 1 block. Led the team in all 5 statistical categories except scoring, where he was 2nd.

He's come along greatly since last spring. Has confidence to take the outside jumper and his FT shooting has improved. AND he's still only 18.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFan3406 View Post
    Another double double for EP.

17 points, 11 rebounds, 3 assists, 5 steals, & 1 block. Led the team in all 5 statistical categories except scoring, where he was 2nd.

He's come along greatly since last spring. Has confidence to take the outside jumper and his FT shooting has improved. AND he's still only 18.
    not only that
    but he seems to be improving every single game

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Interesting.

Josh do you have UL's returning percentage handy?
    Crunched the numbers: The Cajuns lost their top four scorers and rebounders from last season. They returned 28.9 percent of their scoring (19.8 of 68.4 ppg) and 22.5 percent of their rebounding (8.6 of 38.3) with Bryant Mbamalu, Elfrid Payton, Alan-Michael Thompson and Donovan Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    JP, Do you know why Lamar hasn't played at home yet?
    Lamar got big payouts to play at Alabama, Purdue and Baylor and had return games at Arkansas State, Charlotte, the Cajuns and Texas-Pan Am. There were also games in the NIT Preseason Tipoff in Manhattan, Kan. (K-State and North Texas) and Virginia and IUPUI on the UVa campus.

Coach Pat Knight has said last season, with six seniors, he was more of a motivator - similar to Robert Lee in his first season with a veteran Cajuns squad. But now Knight is having to teach a lot more with five freshmen and seven scholarship newcomers on the team.

JMO. My only concern with Wronkoski is that I think he forces things on occasion. Last night he passed some open shots to drive into traffic and put up tough shots. I've also seen him be a little loose with the dribble with the ball stolen from him a number of times this year. It may be that he's still "playing fast" rather than letting the game come to him.

He's a freshman.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    He's a freshman.
    Hey Johnny Football is a freshman. and he won the Heisman! I'm just kidding around.

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#winnin View Post
    not only that
    but he seems to be improving every single game
    And he is making free throws this year. Wow, hope I didn't jinx him.

Lamar is hanging tough with Baylor tonight, down 56-50 with 12 minutes left. Thought his would have been a blowout considering two games in two days on the road.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information