Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Final: Louisiana (77) vs Lamar (60)

Quote Originally Posted by bustleup View Post
    77-60 UL
    Thanks. Needed that win.

Default Re: Louisiana vs Lamar

I've gotta give AMT some credit. He's played extremely hard the last two games. Must wanna play.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    I've gotta give AMT some credit. He's played extremely hard the last two games. Must wanna play.

AMT jacks up more balls then a slut with braces.

Quote Originally Posted by ULshooter2491 View Post
    AMT jacks up more balls then a slut with braces.
    Classy. I don't care how many he jacks up if he shoots like he did tonight.

He shot well tonight. He just has a history of getting trigger happy when he is in. Great when he is hitting, not so much when throwing up bricks.

5/9 from the floor. 4/4 on FT with 18pts off the bench, I'll take that everyday

7. Default Re: Louisiana vs Lamar

Maybe 3/4 from the 3 PL!!!

Picked his shots well tonight too. Didn't really see any jacking up. Again my compliment was off his play in the last 2 games.

9. Default Re: Louisiana vs Lamar

Soto looks like --El no comprende que pasa !!!! Think he will come along (Too much thinking) ---Well I think!!!

Elfrid, Wronkoski, and Long are three solid hands. If Marlin can pull off anything in the way of recruiting over the next few years, all this gloom and doom on the board over basketball might fade a little.

11. Default Re: Louisiana vs Lamar

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Elfrid, Wronkoski, and Long are three solid hands. If Marlin can pull off anything in the way of recruiting over the next few years, all this gloom and doom on the board over basketball might fade a little.
    --Not sure of his minutes but Moore sure stays on the court for a bunch of playing time!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    --Not sure of his minutes but Moore sure stays on the court for a bunch of playing time!!!
    Yeah Marlin must have some faith in him because he had a rough one at McNeese and still got the start tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    This is the softest opponent on the Cajuns' schedule . and we have them at home. Arkansas State hammered them by 40.

Brian
    Interviewed Lamar coach Pat Knight a few months ago while handling the Southland Conference previews this season for Blue Ribbon magazine. Lamar lost its top five scorers from last season's 23-win NCAA tournament team and returned only 15.5 percent of their scoring and 27.3 percent of their rebounding. Senior forward Stan Brown was the lone returning starter and had doubled his scoring from last season (4.9 ppg) going into the game but had a bad night with only four points. Redshirt freshman guard Rhon Mitchell (who would have started last season, according to Knight) had a career-high 21 points against the Cajuns and will eventually be an all-conference player, but he needs more support. Lamar doesn't have any proven shotmakers, is without its top interior defender (6-10 junior Osas Ebomwonyi is suspended indefinitely), starts two freshmen and is getting barely anything from JC transfers Amos Wilson and Hondo Webb. The Cardinals (1-8) are terrible right now and need to really mature to find any real success this season. It should be mentioned they have yet to play at home this season and have losses to Kansas State, North Texas, Charlotte, Virginia, Arkansas State, Alabama, Purdue and now the Cajuns with their lone win over IUPUI in Virginia in the Preseason NIT Consolation Game.

14. Default Re: Final: Louisiana (77) vs Lamar (60)

Interesting.

Josh do you have UL's returning percentage handy?

Default Re: Final: Louisiana (77) vs Lamar (60)

It was great to see AMT have a great night. He just looks like a great kid and I was feeling so badly for him during prior games. Glad to see him have success!

Elfrid, Wron and Shawn are a great foundation to build on.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information