Thread: Chris Gradnigo

Ragin' Cajuns Chris Gradnigo

Check this out guys.very interesting perspectives about one of our future Cajuns coming from east of the Mississippi River!

"Josh White is good but Chris Gradnigo is much better!!!! (Posted on 1/29 at 5:40 p.m.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    He is a 6'6 SG. rivals has him listed as a SF, but he is a pure shooter!!! Rivals list him as improving from last year to this year. Last year he commited to ULL but he improved sooo much! Picture this next year. a 6th man off the bench who can score! If i were brady i'd bust my arse trying to get him to change his mind! If he does go to ULL he will be a star and eventually land in the NBA~"

See continued dialogue: http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/masp?p=3802097

And more.

"re: Chris Gradnigo. 6'6 pure shooter we NEED! (Posted on 2/16 at 3:44 p.m. to JL2440LSU)

quote:

Also, pretty interesting he has given ULL verbal with several better offers on the table

his godfather is former coach at northside, now assistant coach at ULL. verbally commited last year but improved sooo much this past summer. I hear his dad has a big influence on his game, but that will be a prize for ULL, i'm predicting it now barring injury. Finding a 6'6 pure shooter who can shoot over the top of people is rare. We can not recruit enough shooters."

See continued dialogue: http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/m.p=3959969&pg=1

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: Interesting "Tiger Rant" about future Cajun C. Gradnigo

Quote Originally Posted by RaginEsquire06
    Check this out guys.very interesting perspectives about one of our future Cajuns coming from east of the Mississippi River!

"Josh White is good but Chris Gradnigo is much better!!!! (Posted on 1/29 at 5:40 p.m.)

He is a 6'6 SG. rivals has him listed as a SF, but he is a pure shooter!!! Rivals list him as improving from last year to this year. Last year he commited to UL but he improved sooo much! Picture this next year. a 6th man off the bench who can score! If i were brady i'd bust my arse trying to get him to change his mind! If he does go to UL he will be a star and eventually land in the NBA~"

See continued dialogue: http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/masp?p=3802097

And more.

"re: Chris Gradnigo. 6'6 pure shooter we NEED! (Posted on 2/16 at 3:44 p.m. to JL2440LSU)

quote:

Also, pretty interesting he has given UL verbal with several better offers on the table

his godfather is former coach at northside, now assistant coach at UL. verbally commited last year but improved sooo much this past summer. I hear his dad has a big influence on his game, but that will be a prize for UL, i'm predicting it now barring injury. Finding a 6'6 pure shooter who can shoot over the top of people is rare. We can not recruit enough shooters."

See continued dialogue: http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/m.p=3959969&pg=1
    The rest of their posts are bashing his attitude and toughness. Not terribly worried about it. Maybe there is some creedence to that, maybe they are just doing what they always do (if they can't have it, they act like they never wanted it.always beat great teams, never lose to bad ones.etc). I don't think his attitude or toughness will be much of a factor next year. Not with RL's intensity, and the cohesiveness developed by the guys this year. This battle testing of Wallace, Lago, and Millsap along with the other returners, and with RL's toughness, will destroy anything bad one player COULD bring to the table. I'm looking forward to him coming here, scoring points, playing D, winning games, and becoming a man.

3. UL Basketball Re: Interesting "Tiger Rant" about future Cajun C. Gradnigo

Other schools can dream . . .

However gradnigo has done more than just commit, he has signed LINK

This is so COOL Re: Interesting "Tiger Rant" about future Cajun C. Gradnigo

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux
    The rest of their posts are bashing his attitude and toughness. Not terribly worried about it. Maybe there is some creedence to that, maybe they are just doing what they always do (if they can't have it, they act like they never wanted it.always beat great teams, never lose to bad ones.etc). I don't think his attitude or toughness will be much of a factor next year. Not with RL's intensity, and the cohesiveness developed by the guys this year. This battle testing of Wallace, Lago, and Millsap along with the other returners, and with RL's toughness, will destroy anything bad one player COULD bring to the table. I'm looking forward to him coming here, scoring points, playing D, winning games, and becoming a man.

Well I guess you can say there is a question mark on almost every player that moves up. I have never seen a first round draft choice that does not have some areas of concern by the pro scouts in the NFL, NBA, and MLB. Of course when the PURPLE HASE U. fans can't get a player they don't need him, then they never wanted him, does not want to compete, and finally probably when the the NCAA finishes the investiagtion he was illegally recruited.

I am worried about none of the above, and the best thing the fans in Refinerville can do is to worry about the bottom falling out of their program without warning.

Word is that we have to really worry about his coachability and attitiude is bad. He does not even start all games in high school-even though he is the star.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadRed
    Word is that we have to really worry about his coachability and attitiude is bad. He does not even start all games in high school-even though he is the star.
    The word was the same on Milsap coming out of high school.We've had no problems with this young man as of yet. He has a Godfather on the staff, he will learn the word "team" soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunGuru
    The word was the same on Milsap coming out of high school.We've had no problems with this young man as of yet. He has a Godfather on the staff, he will learn the word "team" soon enough.
    Nobody could have a better attitude than Milsap. Does he from time to time go to the beat of a different drummer. Yes, and Coach Bailey addressed that at the last Rebounder Lunch. He did not point out Milsap only, but in the context of which players had made major advances as freshmen. Baily said that sometimes kids who have a little extra are going to from time to time think they can do the impossible. He said Milsap was for the most part a very coachable player.

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Express
    Nobody could have a better attitude than Milsap. Does he from time to time go to the beat of a different drummer. Yes, and Coach Bailey addressed that at the last Rebounder Lunch. He did not point out Milsap only, but in the context of which players had made major advances as freshmen. Baily said that sometimes kids who have a little extra are going to from time to time think they can do the impossible. He said Milsap was for the most part a very coachable player.
    If you have several players (i.e. Southall, Ced. Williams, etc.) who tend to have this sort of issue, and are all on the same team, then its a problem. Like i said before, RL won't let it get that way, and the leadership that has develped so far this year, won't let it happen either. He'll come in, and hopefully rick Lebato will be on his ass, and everything will be righteous.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

If you have several players (i.e. Southall, Ced. Williams, etc.) who tend to have this sort of issue, and are all on the same team, then its a problem. Like i said before, RL won't let it get that way, and the leadership that has develped so far this year, won't let it happen either. He'll come in, and hopefully rick Lebato will be on his ass, and everything will be righteous.
    It's good for the program to know a player's tendencies out of highschool, but many players get caught up in being a highschool standout, get into D1 and meet their equals, and things change. It is one of the reasons, besides inexperience, that keeps some great athletes off the field/floor their freshman year. I worry about academic issues, but don't get too caught up in a player's rep in highschool. It is a piece of information for our coaching staff to work on, but I think it is premature to make any further speculation.

I do agree with you that if a program recruits anyone, and does not have a policy toward bad behavior intolerance, then they can get side-swiped by headcase kids, especially a group of them. I take "coachability" with a grain of salt. That assessment will have to be made at the D1 level, once he becomes a part of a system, and isn't the system himself. Same goes for "bad attitude". Life in highschool allows for that. College is the transition start from being a kid to being a grown-up. The attitude of a coaching staff can make a world of difference. Then, it is up to the player.

and like i said, people love to throw out crap about young people when they haven't got a clue about the game, or the kid. my point is milsap had a quote unquote bad rap, and nothing could be further from the truth. southall was not a bad kid, he was a doopy kid. his jail time had nothing to do with bad behavior, it had to do with being a dumb a(ss) kid. i am not going to let people slam our recruit without the first centila of evidence he will be any kind of problem without commenting. i would take mike back tomorrow, and so would coach.

my second point is that no matter the reason if purple haze u fans see a kid not go to their school then the kid has some sort of issues, again this is just bull bunk.

can anyone give me a list of signees and kids that are sitting out this year? man, i'm super stoked about the next few years!

Quote Originally Posted by jamesthejeweler
    can anyone give me a list of signees and kids that are sitting out this year? man, i'm super stoked about the next few years!
    Chris Gradigno signed and will be a freshman next year.
    Corey Bloom transferred from Houston and will be a sophomore next year.
    The four guys sitting out this year include

Ryan Gary-6'7" F
    Brandon Dison-6'5" G/G
    Randel Daigle-5'10" PG
    Damon Forrest-6' 3" G

We still need a post player and should sign one in the spring.

Thread Information